Playstation 5

showtime

Just now, titansNvolsR#1 said:

Wasn't expecting a disc and digital version, but smart idea. 

It’s smart, they can shave off that price of the drive and market is as “Starting at....” instead of the reported higher number the base model was coming in at. Will help them if Xbox really tries to undercut them on price.

6 minutes ago, JTagg7754 said:

Ohhhh they did announce some HZD stuff??? There were some cryptic tweets to suggest they would but felt it was too early. Great news!!

Surprised they didn’t drop a year, I guess early 2022? Maybe late 2021?

12 minutes ago, Heimdallr said:

Gonna need to finish Horizon Zero Dawn now..... Forbidden West looks great!

I'm truly curious as to how they will explain many of the things we saw; that said, HZD had some immaculate writing so I'm sure they'll do it justice.

5 minutes ago, showtime said:

Not going to lie, I like the design of the console.  Looks sleek.  Probably would look better in all black.

Waiting to see the price.

I mean it looks futuristic but if you cannot lay it on it's side that's going to be an issue. The other dynamic is the forced white. You know there will be a second edition that is black just likt eh Xbox 360 learned. Should always START with black and then offer white as a special or second version.

3 minutes ago, Kiltman said:

Surprised they didn’t drop a year, I guess early 2022? Maybe late 2021?

I'm going to need time for two things to happen prior:

1. The PS5 to get old for someone so I can purchase it not new lol

2. To finish the queue of PS4 games I'll have left (unless someone can confirm PS4 games are backwards compatible which I'm guessing they'll be touching on today)

So I'm OK w/ a little delay lol.

Trailer for those not watching:

This is going to be sooooo dope. I'm going to start my second playthrough after I finish The Last of Us 2 so I can remember lol

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, Tyty said:

Lame af so far from what I’ve seen outside of Spider-Man 

Yeah kinda fell flat after that. Wonder why they put that near the top. I wonder if it’s a full game or like a expansión esquema game. Like say Farcry New Dawn was. Use all the systems and maps from the previous full title, throw on some new graphic styles here or there and ship it as it’s own thing. 

Wonder if they’ll come out and say some of those 3rd party indies are full or timed exclusive like Xbox did after their May event. Couple of interesting indies in there, but thought they'd come out harder. I wonder if they decided just to split off the show and will do another one later, thought this was their only one. Fact that they didn’t pimp their CoD deal makes me think that’s the case, unless they went back to doing a deal with Xbox (which is unlikely).

New Horizon game looks incredible. The first game that really looks next-gen to me. Also, cannot WAIT for Demon Souls and RE8.

I'll be honest, though, I don't like the design of the PS5. A little too gimmicky too me, looks like a NETGEAR router. It's like they're trying too hard to look futuristic. Maybe it's because I've always preferred minimalist designs.

3 minutes ago, JTagg7754 said:

I'm going to need time for two things to happen prior:

1. The PS5 to get old for someone so I can purchase it not new lol

2. To finish the queue of PS4 games I'll have left (unless someone can confirm PS4 games are backwards compatible which I'm guessing they'll be touching on today)

So I'm OK w/ a little delay lol.

I’m shocked they didn’t address back compat and the PS4 library coming forward. It’s one of the biggest criticisms they had going against them. I assume it’s not great news so they’ll put it in a blogpost at some point. But these are just locked down PCs at this point, there shouldn’t be any issue with bringing PS4 games forward from a technical side. Only makes sense if they want you to buy everything again. 

I’m guessing in late July or August they’ll detail PS5 versions of TLOU2 and Ghosts. Wether or not those will be free to everyone who bought the PS4 versions will be up for debate until then. Hopefully they do the right thing. 

I hear you on the back log of games thought. Have like 20 I need to get through. Quarantine helped a bit, but then I’ve sunk 160 hours and soon to be more in AC Odyssey. I probably should’ve done some shorter games ha.