Playstation 5

showtime

6 hours ago, Kiltman said:

Yeah kinda fell flat after that. Wonder why they put that near the top. I wonder if it’s a full game or like a expansión esquema game. Like say Farcry New Dawn was. Use all the systems and maps from the previous full title, throw on some new graphic styles here or there and ship it as it’s own thing. 

Wonder if they’ll come out and say some of those 3rd party indies are full or timed exclusive like Xbox did after their May event. Couple of interesting indies in there, but thought they'd come out harder. I wonder if they decided just to split off the show and will do another one later, thought this was their only one. Fact that they didn’t pimp their CoD deal makes me think that’s the case, unless they went back to doing a deal with Xbox (which is unlikely).

That Looper game looked fun but cannot for the life of me figure out why they spent over an hour featuring a bunch of indie games that are probably going to be $15 at launch and not more AAA titles. They had Spiderman, Resident Evil, Horizon Zero Dawn, Hitman, 2k and about 15 other games franklythat are not going to selling points to the masses.

There were a LOT of 'who would ever play this' type anime and cartoon type games that Im not sure why Sony decided to feature for their huge launch instead of focusing on the features and specs of the system itself. We found out very little about the systems capabilities and thats what I actually wanted to see.

Still cannot for the life of me figure out why they didnt continue on with the PS exclusive Infamous franchise. That would have been awesome to see as a launch game

Edited by AkronsWitness

40 minutes ago, AkronsWitness said:

That Looper game looked fun but cannot for the life of me figure out why they spent over an hour featuring a bunch of indie games that are probably going to be $15 at launch and not more AAA titles. They had Spiderman, Resident Evil, Horizon Zero Dawn, Hitman, 2k and about 15 other games franklythat are not going to selling points to the masses.

There were a LOT of 'who would ever play this' type anime and cartoon type games that Im not sure why Sony decided to feature for their huge launch instead of focusing on the features and specs of the system itself. We found out very little about the systems capabilities and thats what I actually wanted to see.

Still cannot for the life of me figure out why they didnt continue on with the PS exclusive Infamous franchise. That would have been awesome to see as a launch game

They had a ~45 minute conference back in March(?) aimed at devs that focused on the specs of the system. I think we pretty much know everything but the price at this point.

17 minutes ago, elevators_rule said:

They had a ~45 minute conference back in March(?) aimed at devs that focused on the specs of the system. I think we pretty much know everything but the price at this point.

More or less referring to the features of the system. When the PS4 launched there was this whole big deal about it being 'social' and sharing with friends because thats when social media platforms were really becoming a daily part of society. Which is why the home screen on the PS4 revolves around what your friends are playing, doing, sharing, earning.

Unless Im missing it I dont know anything about what the PS5 can actually do. Is it backwards compatible, what are the capabilities of the mic on the controller, will all Bluetooth headsets be compatible or just Sonys,  what are game download speeds like from the PS Store,  will the touch pad on the controller ever serve a actual purpose, can you save/edit clips on your system, whats the storage space like (thanks COD), ect, ect, ect.

Basically--whats the big selling point of this system compared to PS4 outside of the hardware. What can it do thats cool that Sony developed over the past 8 years with all this new technology.

Edited by AkronsWitness

2 hours ago, FourThreeMafia said:

Was a huge fan of Miles in Spidey PS4, but Peters story wasnt finished.  I wonder if this is a direct sequel or a side story with Miles taking on all different villains.   I want see how the entire Peter and Osborne stuff unfolds.

I don't know much about Miles. Does he face the same villains or does he have his own?

2 hours ago, FourThreeMafia said:

Was a huge fan of Miles in Spidey PS4, but Peters story wasnt finished.  I wonder if this is a direct sequel or a side story with Miles taking on all different villains.   I want see how the entire Peter and Osborne stuff unfolds.

I know miles’ story generally means Parker is dead but I think it’s possible Parker is still a character in this and continue on. Or at the very least I don’t think this will be the last iteration 

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, AkronsWitness said:

More or less referring to the features of the system. When the PS4 launched there was this whole big deal about it being 'social' and sharing with friends because thats when social media platforms were really becoming a daily part of society. Which is why the home screen on the PS4 revolves around what your friends are playing, doing, sharing, earning.

Unless Im missing it I dont know anything about what the PS5 can actually do. Is it backwards compatible, what are the capabilities of the mic on the controller, will all Bluetooth headsets be compatible or just Sonys,  what are game download speeds like from the PS Store,  will the touch pad on the controller ever serve a actual purpose, can you save/edit clips on your system, whats the storage space like (thanks COD), ect, ect, ect.

Basically--whats the big selling point of this system compared to PS4 outside of the hardware. What can it do thats cool that Sony developed over the past 8 years with all this new technology.

Honestly, I wouldn't expect these new consoles to be too much different from their predecessors. I really think the only big thing we're going to see outside of an increase to graphical fidelity is a lack of loading screens. Games should load super quickly and I'm expecting the UI to be silky smooth. That's really it.

In terms of backwards compat, I'd expect a lot of PS4 games to work (although I think they confirmed not all?) and I wouldn't expect anything from the PS1/PS2/PS3. Storage space they confirmed to be 850GBs with expansion slots available for SSDs that meet specific specs (they will be expensive).

Edited by elevators_rule

I like the look of the digital PS5 better than the one with the disc drive. The disk drive looks out of place on it. The overall show for me, wasn't that impressive. Excited for Gran Turismo and Resident Evil doesn't look too bad, but nothing really grabbed me to make this a launch buy. And for that I am thankful so I can use that money for the upcoming GPUs of either nVidia or AMD.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, AkronsWitness said:

Death Loop looks like it could be fun yeah, Arkane is gonna make people enjoy their games no matter what ha. Gameplay looked almost 1:1 from Dishonored.

i think it’s just a bit par for the course, they did go a little overboard though with the indies. I like when these shows pick out like 2 or 3 really good ones and at most do a montage of the rest. Enough to intrigue you but not take up a ton of time. I get the sentiment of you want to show a well rounded inclusive console, but the core is who watches this. 

I was kinda shocked that of the AAA, only two were exclusives and Spider-Man:MM might be a smaller game going off of what other Sony studios have done with spinoffs. I thought for sure they’d throw money at studios to help the launch lineup. I’m happy as a consumer, I hate 3rd party exclusives for the AAA. Even timed games or dlc. But was even just surprised it was only Hitman 3, Resident Evil and 2k for big 3rd party games even just shown.
Edit: I really don’t know how big Ratchet and Clank is to people, Not a game I’d play, but if they are solid AAA games add that to the list.

I think Sony is smartly sticking to their strength of riding loyalty. They know they are beat on most specs, so why focus on them? I think they just needed more big games to sell the narrative of how fast it is and how good games will look. One AAA thing at the level of that in-engine Hellblade 2 trailer Xbox had would’ve gone a long way.

I think they knew they’d get that Superhero power fantasy out of Insomniac with Spider-Man, so they let that team try something new with Ghosts. I hope Sony stops announcing stuff so early. Cause that game could’ve easily been held off half a year and built from the ground up for PS5. Nice more people get to play it though I guess.

but I’m excited for some new games I knew nothing about before so it’s a win. Happy for the indie devs even though they are getting a lot of flax.

1 hour ago, kingseanjohn said:

I don't know much about Miles. Does he face the same villains or does he have his own?

He has some unique villains, also has his own relationships with Peter Parker’s villains. Some of them are new people using the moniker of older villains.

1 hour ago, Tyty said:

I know miles’ story generally means Parker is dead but I think it’s possible Parker is still a character in this and continue on. Or at the very least I don’t think this will be the last iteration 

Yeah I think he’ll be alive. They explain it away as he’s doing Avengers-esque things or just vagueness of he’s doing something bigger and Miles needs to watch over New York.

Probably have scenes of them training either at the beginning as tutorial stuff or more likely as poignant story beats along Miles’ story.

Then in Spider-Man 2 you can play as either of them for free roam, and they both have their own crossing stories. 

3 hours ago, FourThreeMafia said:

Could be a spinoff game could go the Arkham route and let you have multiple playable characters with different skillsets etc.

I'd lean Arkham Route.

3 hours ago, AkronsWitness said:

Bruh that's a great lineup to start off with.

Sucker Punch worked on ghosts of Tshushima, Spiderman fills the role of a superhero game for the first 2 years.

2 hours ago, elevators_rule said:

There's some things we don't know specifically if Sony is gonna go the Cortana/Siri route with two mics in the controller.

1 hour ago, Tyty said:

Yeah nope.

Either a spinoff game or Myles is gonna be a bigger part of it.

2 hours ago, AkronsWitness said:

Keep in mind this was only one event, they already confirmed there will be more of them in the coming months (same with Microsoft)

Edited by rob_shadows

I've been an Xbox guy the last two console generations, but watched last night seeing if anything would draw me in. Aaaand not really... I enjoyed it but nothing that made me go I NEED THIS CONSOLE. The only one I have a hankering for is Horizon Zero Dawn, that looks right up my street and never been able to play it, I know I'd love it. Everything else I'm pretty meh. Will look in to them more at release date to decide which one I get.

I will say, the console itself looks so nice, much better than the new Xbox. But what's with this only being able to stand on its side thing? I don't know of anyone who owns a TV cabinet with a tall rectangular shelf in it.

Edited by RJ_11

3 hours ago, RJ_11 said:

I've been an Xbox guy the last two console generations, but watched last night seeing if anything would draw me in. Aaaand not really... I enjoyed it but nothing that made me go I NEED THIS CONSOLE. The only one I have a hankering for is Horizon Zero Dawn, that looks right up my street and never been able to play it, I know I'd love it. Everything else I'm pretty meh. Will look in to them more at release date to decide which one I get.

I will say, the console itself looks so nice, much better than the new Xbox. But what's with this only being able to stand on its side thing? I don't know of anyone who owns a TV cabinet with a tall rectangular shelf in it.

It can be laid down, there are pictures of it

• Like 1