Playstation 5

showtime

7 minutes ago, JBURGE said:

Last night was pretty unimpressive for me. I will still likely get PS5 for the exclusives, but was definitely hoping for something surprising other than the Spiderman game. 

Opening with GTA5 was a joke

The same GTA5 that was a launch game for the PS4 in 2013? haha I will say the one game that looked visually incredible was Gran Turismo 7. Not my type of game but that thing looked amazing

Edited by AkronsWitness

2 minutes ago, AkronsWitness said:

The same GTA5 that was a launch game for the PS4 in 2013? haha I will say the one game that looked visually incredible was Gran Turismo 7. Not my type of game but that thing looked amazing

GTA5 was originally on PS3/360.  I haven't played it since I had it on 360, before the PS4 and XBone were even out yet.  It is insane how far they have stretched that game.  We never had a new GTA during the PS4 and XBone gen. Just RDR2. 

On ‎5‎/‎29‎/‎2020 at 5:51 AM, FourThreeMafia said:

The earliest Ive bought a console was the PS2.   It came out October 2000 and I got a PS2 in November 2001, soon after getting out of basic training.     That was back when I still loved Madden, and Final Fantasy 10 had come out.

Those early 2000's Madden's were so good.  I loved '03 and '05

• Like 1

5 hours ago, showtime said:

2 hours ago, THE DUKE said:

Maybe i'm just slowly morphing into "Get off my lawn" guy, but I think the console looks dumb and large.

No you're not wrong.

It looks like a fricking futuristic tech box from 10 years ago. I appreciate the design but it's gonna age badly. 

Where as Microsoft thought so hard outside of the box they just expanded the box and stood it up straight.

4 hours ago, THE DUKE said:

Those early 2000's Madden's were so good.  I loved '03 and '05

Same.  You saw a notable change in EAs effort towards Madden after they got the exclusive license and the 360 and PS3 rolled out.  

• Like 1

4 hours ago, THE DUKE said:

Maybe i'm just slowly morphing into "Get off my lawn" guy, but I think the console looks dumb and large.

Haha...you geezer.

Hold on....some damn kids on my lawn.

Seriously though, Im neutral on it.   Not big on the design, but 1) they will undoubtedly release different versions of the console in the coming years and 2)  I dont particularly care about how the console looks, just what games it offers and how it performs.

That being said, it will probably be at least a year after it comes out before I buy one, and by then they may have another model, anyway.

18 minutes ago, showtime said:

iSrnGKu.jpg

7 minutes ago, showtime said:

So like a 10 hour or so game.  That's disappointing.

On the consoles not sure if accurate or not because the PS5 we saw was a render and renders aren't always as accurate because scaling doesn't matter.

I mean I'll take it.

Insomniac putting out two launch titles is pretty impressive considering Spiderman came out 2 years ago in September.

I feel like this started out as DLC but Sony pushed them to make it a standalone game but who knows.

Edited by SwoleXmad
  • Like 1

38 minutes ago, SwoleXmad said:

On the consoles not sure if accurate or not because the PS5 we saw was a render and renders aren't always as accurate because scaling doesn't matter.

I mean I'll take it.

Insomniac putting out two launch titles is pretty impressive considering Spiderman came out 2 years ago in September.

I feel like this started out as DLC but Sony pushed them to make it a standalone game but who knows.

I can almost guarantee thats the case.

Still, excited to play it.

• Like 1