Playstation 5

showtime

1 hour ago, kingseanjohn said:

If that's legit I'm 100% out. I'm already on the fence and $700 is stupid.

It's not it's a pre-order price to guarantee priority of a unit when they get stock.

Actual retail will be between $400-$500.

1 hour ago, kingseanjohn said:

Yeah, that's not worth $60 imo.

I'd imagine it's gonna be on the scale of the OG spiderman. Just easier development time because no new assets need to be made. 

1 hour ago, SwoleXmad said:
3 hours ago, kingseanjohn said:

I'd imagine it's gonna be on the scale of the OG spiderman. Just easier development time because no new assets need to be made. 

Going off games like this in the past, it’ll be really dependent on what player loops they can easily create. Those can really fill time, especially with this game where you’re swinging everywhere..that’ll add a lot of playtime itself.

Him being a new Spider-Man, I assume part of that loop will be adding Miles’ unique skills as well as ranking up the same stuff you did with Peter In the first game. It being a shorter experience you’ll probably discover those skills fighting a villain and then grind out gameplay against goons in strongholds to rank it up.

One central story around Miles becoming SM, with some flashbacks to Peter helping him learn before he left NYC (for whatever reason they come up with). They could go with the base origin with Prowler or do their own thing with another villain we didn’t see in the main game.

I think there is enough they can do with reusing the main game to eek out a 18-20 hour experience if you do everything. With like an 8-10 hour story. 

One of my favorite gaming experiences was one of these in FarCry 3: Blood Dragon. It was also a stand-alone expansion that wasn’t very long. But it was awesome. If they price SM: Miles Morales for $40 and it delivers a great 20 hours it’s really fine. Especially if they toss in a PS5 version of the main game for people who buy this Miles’ story, on top of those who owned it last gen.

• Like 2

I get people don't want to see it priced too high but you gotta remember what's in both these new consoles.

The PS5 GPU would easily be $400+ alone in the PC gaming market as it's performance is above that of a 2070 super. The series X GPU is even more powerful than that

The PS5 SSD is easily a $200+ drive.

So just in the GPU and SSD alone you'd need 600+ easily in the PC market, nevermind the $200 CPU each system has, the RAM, etc...

This is the first time in console history that the consoles will be on par with high end gaming PCs at launch.

That being said I highly doubt some of the price rumors are true, consoles are always sold at a loss initially and I doubt they go too high on the price.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, rob_shadows said:

I get people don't want to see it priced too high but you gotta remember what's in both these new consoles.

The PS5 GPU would easily be $400+ alone in the PC gaming market as it's performance is above that of a 2070 super. The series X GPU is even more powerful than that

The PS5 SSD is easily a $200+ drive.

So just in the GPU and SSD alone you'd need 600+ easily in the PC market, nevermind the $200 CPU each system has, the RAM, etc...

This is the first time in console history that the consoles will be on par with high end gaming PCs at launch.

That being said I highly doubt some of the price rumors are true, consoles are always sold at a loss initially and I doubt they go too high on the price.

https://www.itworld.com/article/2709294/thoughtful-speculation-on-ps4-price--crazy-rumors-on-xbox-720-internals.html

https://www.digitaltrends.com/gaming/xbox-720-rumors-the-rumors-that-might-be-true/

https://www.mirror.co.uk/lifestyle/staying-in/video-games/xbox-720-durango-infinity-release-1862788

It's fun to look back at speculation about previous console gens.
God I forgot windows 8 existed until I read the second one.

I'm still waiting for the Microsoft shoe to drop, we've had one every single generation since the 360, the 360 was rushed out the door, the Xbox one had the freaking kinect.

7 hours ago, kingseanjohn said:

Did you think the first game was worth $60?    Because you could beat that in about 10-14 hours, if you didnt play the sidequests and just went straight through the story.

I imagine SpiderMan Miles Morales will end up being similar to what Batman: Arkham Origins was to Arkham City.....a stand alone game and new story that largely reused most of Arkham City's assets and settings, but made enhancements and tweaks to make it feel relatively new.

I personally have no issue with it.   As long as they can make it feel like a new experience in terms of story and sidequests.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, SwoleXmad said:

Actual retail will be between $400-$500.

I'm starting to think the PS5 is going to be $550 to $600 with the digital version $50 cheaper. My original retail price was $450-$500 just for inflation, but the way they're talking, I'm not too sure anymore. 

50 minutes ago, biggio7 said:

I don't usually get a new system for a couple years after it's been released, bugs worked out, price drop, etc. Is there really going to be that much of a difference?

It'll be a pretty big difference in capabilities with these ones being on par with high end gaming PCs and the switch to SSDs but that doesn't necessarily mean it'll be worth it to buy one at launch... All systems take a little time when they launch to build up the game library and while we have a good idea of what games are coming we still don't know how many will actually be launch titles.

6 hours ago, FourThreeMafia said:

Did you think the first game was worth $60?    Because you could beat that in about 10-14 hours, if you didnt play the sidequests and just went straight through the story.

When I read it I took it as the whole game would be 10 hours. I wasn’t thinking just main missions. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, biggio7 said:

I don't usually get a new system for a couple years after it's been released, bugs worked out, price drop, etc. Is there really going to be that much of a difference?

Same here, especially when I almost always have a back log of games from the previous console I'm still trying to get through. I have a PS3 with a treasure trove of games I never played and I'm facing the same problem with the ps4. So for me, I'm not even worried about the new console for a couple of years. 

1 hour ago, JTagg7754 said:

Lol that $700 price can't be real. No way. That's suicide IMO. I'll still get it but maybe for half that whenever that happens

I think it just depends how much the new XBox costs.   

14 hours ago, rob_shadows said:

I'm not saying you're wrong, but a 2070 super?  Where is that info at?