Playstation 5

showtime

3 minutes ago, Shockwave said:

Can't say there are any launch day titles I absolutely have to have. Valhalla looks awesome, maybe Godfall. Nothing that really makes me motivated to try and hunt down one of these preorders though.

It's a good point. I'll be engrossed in Cyberpunk which isn't even coming out for PS5 at launch. 

58 minutes ago, MikeT14 said:

I was able to go through the motions on the Gamestop PS5 bundle, but when it came time to "submit" it said sold out. Line at local gamestop was 20 deep

I got the bundle but it took a few tries, as far as I know they are still periodically going so don't give up just yet. 

Didn't intend to buy one but my cousin has been having bad luck getting a pre-order and I planned on buying everything in the bundle anyway so I said screw it and just got it and will let him have my best buy pre-order (at cost I'm not a dirty scalper).

48 minutes ago, MikeT14 said:

It's a good point. I'll be engrossed in Cyberpunk which isn't even coming out for PS5 at launch. 

I think both consoles will have it as back compat and then you get the full next gen version when it comes out. I’m 100% on that being the case with Xbox, assume it’s the same with Sony. 

I got one in store at EB Games (Gamestop in Canada) a couple hours ago. I still have a best buy one as well, and my girlfriend is going to take that one. Both disc edition.

We will be trading in our PS4 Pro and Slim 500gb this weekend, and 4 games that qualify for $100 credit under a different promo. The consoles will give us $270 and $215 respectively. Cost of the console is $629.99 afer tax $711 so we are getting one of them for like $130. Pretty happy with that, we both upgrade for $420 each (about $295 USD)

Edited by JBURGE

11 minutes ago, Kiltman said:

I think both consoles will have it as back compat and then you get the full next gen version when it comes out. I’m 100% on that being the case with Xbox, assume it’s the same with Sony. 

Can I load my PS4 save then would be an important question. I wonder if/how that works. 

10 hours ago, Kiltman said:
11 hours ago, MikeT14 said:

Can I load my PS4 save then would be an important question. I wonder if/how that works. 

Does PS4 do cloud saves too? I’d assume it’d carry over. 

Yes. If you have PS+ you can upload saves to the cloud and they confimred you can download the saves on PS5. This is if you are playing a PS4 game on PS5 (inserting PS4 disc in PS5, or downloading PS4 game you have from PS+ on PS5). However if there is a free upgrade you aren't likely going to be able to use a save from PS4.

On 9/26/2020 at 12:46 AM, JBURGE said:

Yes. If you have PS+ you can upload saves to the cloud and they confimred you can download the saves on PS5. This is if you are playing a PS4 game on PS5 (inserting PS4 disc in PS5, or downloading PS4 game you have from PS+ on PS5). However if there is a free upgrade you aren't likely going to be able to use a save from PS4.

I guess it depends on the game. Madden is already all cloud based at EA so that won't matter.