Playstation 5

showtime

The developers working on God Fall said the leap from the PS4 to the PS5 is the biggest we've seen in console history. But that we likely won't see the full power of the PS5 for a few years as most games will still be made for both generations of consoles. I think we'll see a significant leap in game/graphic quality when Unreal Engine 5 launches next year. 

1 minute ago, NYRaider said:

The developers working on God Fall said the leap from the PS4 to the PS5 is the biggest we've seen in console history. But that we likely won't see the full power of the PS5 for a few years as most games will still be made for both generations of consoles. I think we'll see a significant leap in game/graphic quality when Unreal Engine 5 launches next year. 

They said that about PS4 too though and I still felt like early PS4 games weren't vastly different than late ones 

6 hours ago, Troy Brown said:

They said that about PS4 too though and I still felt like early PS4 games weren't vastly different than late ones 

They say it all the time, yeah.

Has the potential though to really do new things in games. Ratchet & Clank on PS5 and The Medium on Xbox are already showing off what you can do with the tech.

I think most of the upgrades are quality of life, like load times should be dramatically better on PS5 like the early reports are for Xbox. And it will be better when games are designed around that. Not having to wait for 2/3 minutes to boot a game or almost a minute to reload some levels is going to feel terrific.

I want to see what some of these open world RPG devs do with this, making richer and fuller worlds will be great for those games. The higher  FPS will be great for shooters/racing/sports/fighting games.

I think this is upgrade is going to be absolutely massive.

When we upgraded from the PS2/Xbox generation to the PS3/360. We all saw a huge change graphically as games became HD for the first time. Huge. Now, going to the PS4/X1, it was a pretty big let down. Consumer hardware hadn't really changed *that* much as 1440p/4k were still too expensive to target for consoles. Graphically, pretty much every game was still at most 1080p, in many cases not even 60FPS. The consoles didn't provide a meaningful upgrade in really any other way besides moderate improvements in fidelity. Last gen, while still good overall, was really the red-headed step-child of generations in terms of hardware improvements.

Graphically, this generation is going to a much more noticeable upgrade. It's going to easily hit 1440p and even 4k in many instances and the actual texture detail is going to spike considerably. Frame rates will always be a steady 60 or even up to 120 at the lower res. However, even more important than that is the SSD. It's literally a game changer. The system is going to be so much more snappy and responsive. Game loading times are going to be cut down tremendously and in some cases will be non-existent. I'm telling you, remember this post. Once you start using it, I'm very confident you'll never be able to use your PS4 or Xbox One again. It's going to spoil you instantly.

• Like 1