25 minutes ago, elevators_rule said:
1 hour ago, JBURGE said:

I can't post it while at work because Youtube is blocked, but Sony took apart a PS5 today. The SSDs blew my mind, and the heat sink is.... I'll save it for those that watch it

Just out of curiosity, what about the SSD blew your mind?

How tiny they are. I didn't build my PC so I guess I didn't have a scope of how small they can get now. 

34 minutes ago, Heimdallr said:
1 hour ago, JBURGE said:

and the heat sink is.... 

SEXY

Apparently the PS5 runs really, really quiet. This is a nice change from being able to hear my PS4 Pro through my noise cancelling headphones. Playing a single player game on it on the TV without headphones was awful

Edited by JBURGE
10 minutes ago, JBURGE said:

How tiny they are. I didn't build my PC so I guess I didn't have a scope of how small they can get now. 

Ahhh, gotcha. Yeah, new M.2 SSDs are extremely small, especially if it's integrated directly into the motherboard like the consoles are doing.

Glad to hear the PS5 is running quiet, though. We expected it to do pretty well with heat due to the size, but you never know these days, so it's really good that Sony targeted that as a goal of theirs.

Excited to see reviewers hands-on impressions of the PS5 when Sony sends them out over the next few weeks.

1 hour ago, JBURGE said:

Apparently the PS5 runs really, really quiet. This is a nice change from being able to hear my PS4 Pro through my noise cancelling headphones. Playing a single player game on it on the TV without headphones was awful

Yeah, with the liquid metal thermal paste, the giant heatsink, fan, and the overall airflow design, I'd imagine this thing is extremely quiet. 

On 10/8/2020 at 2:52 AM, Kiltman said:

With how easy those white panels pop off I hope a nice 3rd party market pops up for customized panels. Will be way better than whatever special editions come out.

idk about you, but I'm gonna have my wife paint an old school Falcons logo on mine.

With how easy those white panels pop off I hope a nice 3rd party market pops up for customized panels. Will be way better than whatever special editions come out.

I didn't watch the video, but I hope that doesn't void any warranties. 

53 minutes ago, MikeT14 said:

I didn't watch the video, but I hope that doesn't void any warranties. 

It usually won't unless you're opening the box. The top piece on the PS4 Pro could snap off easily and you can clean the fan out, and that wouldn't void the warranty. 

• Like 1
2 hours ago, scar988 said:

idk about you, but I'm gonna have my wife paint an old school Falcons logo on mine.

Would be sweet. Wonder how easy it’d be to mod the blue LEDs. Could see a lot of versions for different things that would be even better with different color lights.

Like a silver, red and black one with the old Falcon logo and red LEDs would look niiiice.

1 hour ago, BayRaider said:

Haven't really paid attention to any of this. Anyone wanna update me on the games for PS5, some graphic comparisons to PS4, and what you're excited about?

Games: The big ones people are excited for are, Spiderman: Miles Morales which is a standalone expansion of sorts of the last Spiderman game. Then there's my personal most anticipated game, Horizon Forbidden West, which looks absolutely beautiful. Demon Souls is getting a remake which visually also looks amazing. Finally, God of War was teased.

Graphically, the PS4 ran most game at 1080p, either 30FPS or 60FPS. The PS5 should run almost everything in either 1440p, 60-120FPS, or even 4k 30-120FPS, which is a huge jump in resolution. Definitely going to be a much bigger upgrade visually than going from a PS3-PS4.

Finally, I'm personally most excited for the SSD, which is just a much, much faster storage device. It's going to make games load extremely fast (Sony has said "instant") and the UI should be incredibly snappy and responsive.