Playstation 5

showtime

3 hours ago, Ty21 said:

Still annoyed I can’t find one. 

Considering how close we are to launch and people can't even preorder, I'd guess anyone who doesn't already have a preorder won't be able to get one until next year. Even if you can get on ordered, I'm sure deliveries will be delayed.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Heimdallr said:

Considering how close we are to launch and people can't even preorder, I'd guess anyone who doesn't already have a preorder won't be able to get one until next year. Even if you can get on ordered, I'm sure deliveries will be delayed.

Don’t you put that evil on me Ricky Bobby 

• Like 2

16 hours ago, Heimdallr said:

This makes me sad.  I didn't think it would be this hard to order a new system lol

4 hours ago, rob_shadows said:

Meanwhile I secured two... One for me and one for my cousin.. You know.. Just to piss you off even more 😋

Hey man, where do you live? Just asking. Like specifics down to your street address. Nothing to worry about. 

20 hours ago, Heimdallr said:

That's not true.  A lot of stores aren't doing pre-orders but if you want a console there's a chance many retailers will have them in-store on launch day.  You probably have to go to the store early in the morning and camp out, but pre-order consoles are not all the consoles.

An individual store might get 70 PS5's and they have 30 or so tied up due to pre-order pickups.  The other 40 can be bought by people who are there on launch day.  That's just an example.

E9CQkkK.jpg

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, showtime said:

That's not true.  A lot of stores aren't doing pre-orders but if you want a console there's a chance many retailers will have them in-store on launch day.  You probably have to go to the store early in the morning and camp out, but pre-order consoles are not all the consoles.

An individual store might get 70 PS5's and they have 30 or so tied up due to pre-order pickups.  The other 40 can be bought by people who are there on launch day.  That's just an example.

E9CQkkK.jpg

That's been my plan.  Even if they are sold out on launch day, they'll have stock again, in a few weeks.  I walked into to Gamestop, during my lunch break, and grabbed a PS4 on launch day.  There were still a few left, after mine.  

• Like 1

7 hours ago, rob_shadows said:

Looks good, really like the picture in picture screen sharing thing

The GUI looks well done. I'm glad the slow loading appears to be nonexistence with them switching to SSDs. I just really, really hate what they've done to the party chat. Like, despise them for it, lol. 

35 minutes ago, RavensfanRD said:

The GUI looks well done. I'm glad the slow loading appears to be nonexistence with them switching to SSDs. I just really, really hate what they've done to the party chat. Like, despise them for it, lol. 

Yeah, that's my biggest complaint about the PS4. When I'm playing a game like War Zone and try to start a party chat pre-game or in-game it loads slower than a 1998 flip phone. Them starting to record party chats is definitely sketchy. 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, NYRaider said:

Yeah, that's my biggest complaint about the PS4. When I'm playing a game like War Zone and try to start a party chat pre-game or in-game it loads slower than a 1998 flip phone. Them starting to record party chats is definitely sketchy. 

This was confirmed to be misinformation.

17 hours ago, RavensfanRD said:

Can you explain what they did? I sold my PS4 Oct 1 to get trade in credit for a PS5. My understanding is they removed the ability to start a party without inviting anyone? 

10 minutes ago, JBURGE said:

This was confirmed to be misinformation.

Can you explain what they did? I sold my PS4 Oct 1 to get trade in credit for a PS5. My understanding is they removed the ability to start a party without inviting anyone? 

Ok, so they combined messages and party chats into one. Instead of independently starting a private message or party chat, its been combined. If I made a group of you, me and the raidersfan, only us will be in the party chat group until another person who wants to join, I must add to the message/party group. If you find some random online you're vibing with, you gotta add them to your private group or start a new group. Say you and your friends break apart, instead of having the ability to remove him from the initial group, I need to make ANOTHER group because there is no ability to boot people. 

This explains it better. I'm terrible at explaining their goofiness.

https://www.pushsquare.com/news/2020/10/ps4_owners_arent_happy_with_the_new_party_system

1 hour ago, RavensfanRD said:

Ok, so they combined messages and party chats into one. Instead of independently starting a private message or party chat, its been combined. If I made a group of you, me and the raidersfan, only us will be in the party chat group until another person who wants to join, I must add to the message/party group. If you find some random online you're vibing with, you gotta add them to your private group or start a new group. Say you and your friends break apart, instead of having the ability to remove him from the initial group, I need to make ANOTHER group because there is no ability to boot people. 

This explains it better. I'm terrible at explaining their goofiness.

https://www.pushsquare.com/news/2020/10/ps4_owners_arent_happy_with_the_new_party_system

So, they basically changed it to discord then. I hate that, I have groups of people I play with but don't want to play with specific groups, you know, but to do that I'd have to have a half dozen different parties set up lol

51 minutes ago, JBURGE said:

So, they basically changed it to discord then. I hate that, I have groups of people I play with but don't want to play with specific groups, you know, but to do that I'd have to have a half dozen different parties set up lol

It's so goofy. But day by day I'm fully migrating over to PC anyway. Was still on PS4 to play with friends and family because of Apex Legends, but since that's cross-play ish now, not looking good for the PS4, lol. How much did you get when you traded in your PS4? Might give me a baseline of what to ask for in selling it on eBay with my Switch. About to do some massive PC upgrades. 😁