Playstation 5

showtime

16 hours ago, showtime said:

Also, this launch kind of seems meh. Not a fan of Demon Souls type games. Miles Morales looks great, but apparently it's a really short game. Godfall looks good, but arpg's are kind of notorious for lacking content at launch and improving over time.

Not really feeling dropping $500+ to play CoD, Madden and 2K.

I might sell my pre-order to someone for exactly what I paid for it.

A little unrelated to what you said, but the scalpers are starting to pop out on my local feeds. Most are asking $800 to $1000.

On 10/29/2020 at 10:40 PM, showtime said:

Also, this launch kind of seems meh. Not a fan of Demon Souls type games. Miles Morales looks great, but apparently it's a really short game. Godfall looks good, but arpg's are kind of notorious for lacking content at launch and improving over time.

I’m not a very smart man jennay but I know what love is 

On 10/29/2020 at 10:40 PM, showtime said:

Miles looks good, but yeah it's short it seems. That Spiderverse Suit looks sweet though. It'll be nice to pick it up on sale in the future.

After Halo delayed both launches are kinda meh. If Cyberpunk was even solid on XOX and the PS4 Pro, I'd almost say there is no real rush until Fall 2021, where by then you'll have God of War: Ragnarok & Horizon 2 and Halo Infinite & Starfield on the other side. Both with a couple solid options outside of that too.

On 10/30/2020 at 2:51 PM, MikeT14 said:

A little unrelated to what you said, but the scalpers are starting to pop out on my local feeds. Most are asking $800 to $1000.

Yeah it sucks,

meanwhile one of my local game shops had to send out a really sad post the other day, that they've tried everything but they just can't get any consoles to sell.
Wish those places could've gotten some, they need it.

9 hours ago, Kiltman said:

Miles looks good, but yeah it's short it seems. That Spiderverse Suit looks sweet though. It'll be nice to pick it up on sale in the future.

After Halo delayed both launches are kinda meh. If Cyberpunk was even solid on XOX and the PS4 Pro, I'd almost say there is no real rush until Fall 2021, where by then you'll have God of War: Ragnarok & Horizon 2 and Halo Infinite & Starfield on the other side. Both with a couple solid options outside of that too.

Man I hope starfield is on ps5 too ugh 

7 hours ago, JBURGE said:

It could be, but out of all of them that’s probably the least likely, since it’s a new IP. I think they might release like a Wolfenstein 3, if it’s the end of a trilogy onto both. But beyond that I’m not really sure how much will get released on PlayStation. Like even Elder Scrolls 6 very likely wouldn’t, partly because those games are basically an anthology... there’s no story that people aren’t getting the ending to there.

I think legally they can’t really say definitively yet, but all the recent comments tied to it make it seem like none of the Bethesda/Zenimax games are coming to PS5. Unless PlayStation lets Xbox put Gamepass on there, which I don’t think they’ll do. 

Id love to see a full break down of these negotiations at some point. Like was the fact that Sony was trying to get timed exclusivity on Starfield one of the final pushes for Microsoft to just buy the whole company? There have been discussions on and off for awhile, but did that change anything for Microsoft? There were rumblings late summer that Sony was going super hard on timed exclusivity, and had a big deal in the works. That seemingly was Starfield, but could’ve been others.

6 hours ago, rob_shadows said:

If not it'll most certainly be on PC

Yep all Xbox games 1st party do now, they’ll also be on xCloud day one and in Gamepass. If you have a next gen capable PC you should be good, and for a lot of games streaming will be an ok solution. The browser version of xCloud I think is coming early next year. Watched people play the new Balder’s gate on Stadia and it was fine as a backup option.

I'm loving the launch.  Especially compared to X1 and PS4 launches.  It felt like it took forever before those consoles had a solid catalogue of games to play.

On the Playstation side, you have their PS Collection with a ton of amazing titles.  Miles Morales should be a lot of fun, even if it is on the shorter side.  With Xbox, you have Game Pass at launch.  And on both systems, unlike the X1/PS4 launches, you will be able to play a lot of games you already own.  Back with the Xbox One, I wouldn't have been able to play Rainbow Six Siege (my favorite multiplayer) on Day 1 because it wasn't compatible.  Not a problem now.  And that isn't even getting into the new games we'll be getting from now until spring.  Watch Dogs 2, Valhalla, Godfall, Cyberpunk, Far Cry 6, Hitman III... hell maybe we even get a Dying Light 2 confirmation lol.  And next fall for gaming should be incredible.  God of War: Ragnarok alone will be worth it.

I'm really optimistic for this next gen of gaming.  Gaming feels even more popular now than it did in 2013, and hopefully it leads to some great, original ideas this gen

Yeah honestly man. For anyone here who hasn't been able to get a next gen console, you're not really missing out on much except the massive hype, but that'll die down over time.

With that said, if anyone is looking to get a PS5 or Xbox One, there are a ton of rumors and some evidence that point to Target and other sites having them for sale on launch day, but online only.  Costco will more than likely have some at launch as well.  Probably should call all your stores the week or release to see if you're allowed to go midnight or have to order online.

ElwHl1yU0AAm6H_?format=jpg

9 hours ago, JBURGE said:

It will be, the one massive downside of Gamepass is Xbox doesn't make direct money from their games anymore (I mean people will still buy Halo, Starfield etc.) but not as many who will just buy gamepass and play it until they're done. 

But on PS5 it's 70% of revenue vs. an incredibly small percentage for a single game on gamepass. 

7 hours ago, rob_shadows said:

If not it'll most certainly be on PC

1000% Bethesda needs their games on P.C otherwise the console versions just gonna be a buggy mess.