Playstation 5

showtime

7 hours ago, 43M said:

I dont get the hysteria of getting a console when its brand new.    For kids, sure....but its not like these new consoles ever release with must have titles, immediately.

It's a fair and probably smart mindset to have.

All I knew was I want to play Cyberpunk this year in a good state, that wasn't happening on the last gen boxes and I didn't feel like building a PC.
I think 3rd party will have a solid amount of titles for people until the spring, kudos to Sony for getting stuff ready for launch. 
Yeah Miles is short, but it looks great. Demon Souls looks real pretty too. 

Time to really need these consoles is next fall, should get at least one AAA game that is next gen only title by then,
plus you'll have all the next gen versions of stuff from 2020 and before by then too.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Kiltman said:

It's a fair and probably smart mindset to have.

All I knew was I want to play Cyberpunk this year in a good state, that wasn't happening on the last gen boxes and I didn't feel like building a PC.
I think 3rd party will have a solid amount of titles for people until the spring, kudos to Sony for getting stuff ready for launch. 
Yeah Miles is short, but it looks great. Demon Souls looks real pretty too. 

Time to really need these consoles is next fall, should get at least one AAA game that is next gen only title by then,
plus you'll have all the next gen versions of stuff from 2020 and before by then too.

I mean, if one was readily available with ease, I might buy one too.    Not knocking anyone for buying a console at launch, but some people are going nuts trying to get one.   Not really on here, but outside of kids and maybe people who play games for a living or having gaming channels on Youtube, Twitch, etc....I just dont see the need to jump through all the hoops.  

As you said, its about a year or so before the console becomes REALLY worth having.    I personally wont be getting a PS5 until there are a few top exclusives out.

• Like 1

The earliest I’ve ever bought a console is the PS4 at about 1 year after release. Might have been longer than that actually. I just don’t like the limited selection of games when a console launches. 

I’ve hardly touched my PS4 in the last year. Did a few seasons of online franchise with the group on here and that’s about it. I’m just not into gaming like I use to be and now I have a gaming PC a friend built for me. So any game I really want I just play on PC. I’ll eventually get the PS5 but it needs some real nice exclusive titles before I do. 

Just now, OkeyDoke21 said:

How’s that?

still havent gotten my shipping info yet and i called them and i was told 2 different things. i was told on the phone i would get it tomorrow and i will receive the email tonight that has my tracking number, then i was told in the walmart chat that its going to be a delay. 

22 minutes ago, showtime said:

I pre-ordered a digital PS5 and I'll pick it up tomorrow, but I'd rather have a disk one. When I get a disk one tonight, I'll sell the digital PS5 for the same price I bought it ($432). I already have a co-workers s/o that is interested in buying one.

How are you getting a disk one tonight? I thought they announced there would be zero places with launch day stock available in person. Every retailer was supposed to be online only

Just now, drew39k said:

How are you getting a disk one tonight? I thought they announced there would be zero places with launch day stock available in person. Every retailer was supposed to be online only

For places like Target, you need to order online, but they have stock in stores so you can pick it up tomorrow.

You just can't walk into a store an buy one tomorrow.

23 minutes ago, Heimdallr said:

For places like Target, you need to order online, but they have stock in stores so you can pick it up tomorrow.

You just can't walk into a store an buy one tomorrow.

Have they said what time the target stock is going to be live? Midnight? I know walmart is noon, 3pm, 6pm and 9pm. 

Just now, Heimdallr said:

They did either midnight or 1AM EST for the xbox,  so people are assuming the same

ah, well then, id better get my account and payment info all entered. Kinda stinks that targets is going live earlier than walmarts, because i get a 10 percent discount on walmart purchases. thats 50 bucks cheaper. I gotta swing for the fences though. I can always return the target one if i get the walmart one lateri guess. 

For some reason Walmart shipped me mine today instead of yesterday. Gotta say, this controller is by far the best PlayStation controller I've ever used. I still prefer Xbox because of the thumbstick placement, but it's really a tossup at this point. I could see myself liking it more than the Xbox one as I get even more used to it.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, elevators_rule said:

For some reason Walmart shipped me mine today instead of yesterday. Gotta say, this controller is by far the best PlayStation controller I've ever used. I still prefer Xbox because of the thumbstick placement, but it's really a tossup at this point. I could see myself liking it more than the Xbox one as I get even more used to it.

That's good to hear, I def prefer the xbox series of controllers over the ps style. I have bigger hands and feel like they just fit better. I miss the duke. I did pick up a ps5 controller(and charging dock) today, because i'm guessing they may be hard to come by for a few weeks at least.