Playstation 5

showtime

Just now, MDY10 said:

So something I really wasn’t expecting has happened. I got the ps5 and put in assassins creed to download. I have TERRIBLE internet.. like 2-8mgbs lol on the PS4 this 41 gig download would have taken me about 6-10 hours.. it took 30 minutes on the ps5. I have no idea how it’s this much faster but that alone made this purchase worth it. Wow. 

I've heard people saying that the PSN speeds on PS5 are much higher...I set it to download demon's souls while I'm doing the system setup but there is no way to see the speed of the download during setup so I have no idea if mine is going faster than it would on PS4 or not

2 minutes ago, rob_shadows said:

I've heard people saying that the PSN speeds on PS5 are much higher...I set it to download demon's souls while I'm doing the system setup but there is no way to see the speed of the download during setup so I have no idea if mine is going faster than it would on PS4 or not

I’m totally mind blown. I didn’t set it to download anything during the Setup because I didn’t think the setup would take as long as it did, but either way the jump in download speed is unbelievable. Can’t imagine how quick it is for everyone with 20+ mgbs internet lol I’m currently at 4mgbs right now. 

1 minute ago, showtime said:

I think part of the problem is so many people want a digital console. It's much easier to get one if you focus primarily on disk.

A lot of times you can add things to your cart and seems like it would go well, the problem starts when you’re checking out. So far it seems pretty 50/50 on digital vs disc. I tried online and it was impossible, ended up getting lucky at the local GameStop for pre orders about a month ago for a disc version. I like having the actual disc for games, it usually speeds up the download and copying which isn’t a big issue anymore, but I’m sure it still speeds it up a little more than the digital versions 

Just now, MDY10 said:

A lot of times you can add things to your cart and seems like it would go well, the problem starts when you’re checking out. So far it seems pretty 50/50 on digital vs disc. I tried online and it was impossible, ended up getting lucky at the local GameStop for pre orders about a month ago for a disc version. I like having the actual disc for games, it usually speeds up the download and copying which isn’t a big issue anymore, but I’m sure it still speeds it up a little more than the digital versions 

I wanted the disk version as well, but let's say the console is limited in general. The digital version is even more limited, so why would that be the one people are fixated on getting? If you really want a PS5, the disk version is the easier one to secure right now.  Even if you don't want a disk version, it's just $100 more so it's not a big deal in the long run.

4 minutes ago, showtime said:

I wanted the disk version as well, but let's say the console is limited in general. The digital version is even more limited, so why would that be the one people are fixated on getting? If you really want a PS5, the disk version is the easier one to secure right now.  Even if you don't want a disk version, it's just $100 more so it's not a big deal in the long run.

Yeah you could be right. Digital is cheaper and probably more suitable for people who prefer online shopping anyway.. which seems to be about everyone now. I like having the chance to return a game like Spiderman that I cant see myself playing over again after I beat it. 

34 minutes ago, rob_shadows said:

Doing the data transfer of all my game saves and such from the ps4 to the ps5 right now... Almost 8 gigs... Didn't realize saves took up so much space, going to take about a half hour.

I uploaded all of my saves to PSN before I sold my PS4, so hopefully that works well tonight when I am setting mine up. 

17 minutes ago, showtime said:

Come on man lol you just sound hella privileged right now (no offense.. I mean we all on an Internet forum talking about buying a PS5 so we all privileged in some way, not a bad thing).  

I really want a PS5. I also don’t think its worth spending an extra $100 on one. Both can be true. I’d rather wait than spend that $, but I still really want a PS5

Edited by iknowcool
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, JBURGE said:

I uploaded all of my saves to PSN before I sold my PS4, so hopefully that works well tonight when I am setting mine up. 

So before I said download speeds are faster, but I think with the disc version my assassins creed flew through it because it was a dic, but Im downloading destiny 2 now and thats digital and taking about the same as it would for ps4. Maybe slightly faster.

Just now, iknowcool said:

Come on man lol you just sound hella privileged right now (no offense.. I mean we all on an Internet forum talking about buying a PS5 so we all privileged in some way).  

I really want a PS5. I also don’t think its worth spending an extra $100 on one. Both can be true. Not sure why you keep phrasing it “if you really want one.”

Man, I'm being dead serious here.  I get that you (and a lot of others) want a PS5 digital.  If you acknowledge that the PS5 is limited and hard to get in general, then the digital version is even more limited and hard to get.  So when you focus on getting digital only, you're making it even harder on yourself.  You agree with that, right?

Also, I get you don't want to spend the extra $100, but these consoles will last us like 7+ years.  $100 is really not that big of a deal in the long term really no matter how you slice it.  If you have a chance to get a disk PS5 and you pass on it because you don't want to spend the extra $100 for something that will give you endless playtime over the next 7 years then yeah... you really don't want it as bad as other people do.

I'm sorry if that sounds like a mean or dbag thing to say, but the way I framed it in the post is pretty much reality.  Anyways, I've said my piece on it.

41 minutes ago, showtime said:

Man, I'm being dead serious here.  I get that you (and a lot of others) want a PS5 digital.  If you acknowledge that the PS5 is limited and hard to get in general, then the digital version is even more limited and hard to get.  So when you focus on getting digital only, you're making it even harder on yourself.  You agree with that, right?

Also, I get you don't want to spend the extra $100, but these consoles will last us like 7+ years.  $100 is really not that big of a deal in the long term really no matter how you slice it.  If you have a chance to get a disk PS5 and you pass on it because you don't want to spend the extra $100 for something that will give you endless playtime over the next 7 years then yeah... you really don't want it as bad as other people do.

I'm sorry if that sounds like a mean or dbag thing to say, but the way I framed it in the post is pretty much reality.  Anyways, I've said my piece on it.

Dude I've been looking for ANY next gen console, that is'nt like $700 + and can't find a damn thing.