Playstation 5

showtime

I can't stand people who buy stuff just to resell it for a profit. I know that's common practice in the sneaker world and for other limited goods, but it's such a scumbag way to make money. You're taking an item other people actually want hoarding it so you can sell it for like 2x over retail price.

2 minutes ago, showtime said:

I can't stand people who buy stuff just to resell it for a profit. I know that's common practice in the sneaker world and for other limited goods, but it's such a scumbag way to make money. You're taking an item other people actually want hoarding it so you can sell it for like 2x over retail price.

Ridiculous. I just want one for my son. If I have to make him wait he's fine with that. He knows he'll get one eventually. 

The crazy thing is, unlike sneakers, PS5's aren't limited editions. Eventually Sony will pump out so many of those things that you'll be able to go to any store and buy one whenever you please.

In a dream scenario, nobody buys from that guy and he's stuck with all those PS5s lol

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, showtime said:

The crazy thing is, unlike sneakers, PS5's aren't limited editions. Eventually Sony will pump out so many of those things that you'll be able to go to any store and buy one whenever you please.

In a dream scenario, nobody buys from that guy and he's stuck with all those PS5s lol

I'd lol hard but I doubt we'd ever know if it happens. 

33 minutes ago, BobbyPhil1781 said:

I'd lol hard but I doubt we'd ever know if it happens. 

I mean they are sold out right now. Give it a couple weeks and all of these stores will be restocked or just wait until after the Xmas rush in early January. Im at the age where Im not desperate to have the system on launch so I have no problem waiting for all of the crazies to get out of there and buy it on a nice relaxing Sunday stroll January in early January 

4 hours ago, iknowcool said:

Saying "$100 ain't that bad" is still a very privileged thing to say lol yes I know how long the Playstation will last me. I still don't want to pay an extra $100 for it when I don't have to.  That makes no financial sense and that has nothing to do with how much I want the Playstation.  I'd rather save that extra $100 on games I want.

I mean if we're talking about $100 like it's nothing, then why doesn't Sony just charge $599 for the system?  Just another $100.  But I guess the point is that someone who actually wants a PS5 should be willing to do whatever it takes to get one.. so by that standard then yeah I don't really want a Playstation lol it's all good though man. 

Hopefully I can cop when Walmart goes up at 3pm.

IHeres the way I think about it:

The PS4 on launch was $399. It lasted me 8 years and is still going strong.

My cell phone was $899 and it lasts 2 years.

My laptop was $1,000 and I have to replace it every 5 years.

My TV was $600 and it lasts maybe 6 years.

So in hindsight, given the amount of years/use you get out of a gaming system---it is actually REDICULOUSLY cheap compared to all of the other electronic devices you own. 

Edited by AkronsWitness
Im aware of accessories/games cost extra but thats on you.

1 hour ago, showtime said:

You should see the card collecting community.  People literally follow the stocking reps around from Target to Target.  The Bowman Mega Boxes this year went for over three times their 19.99 price at the store.  

I really don't get anyone who pays an inflated price to a reseller, for these consoles particularly. Like, sometimes I get it. And I bought both consoles, so I won't judge anyone buying them. But if I didn't get either, I wouldn't have cared much. Both games I'm playing at launch I could've played on my old consoles. Theres 100% no rush for this launch at all.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Jakuvious said:

I really don't get anyone who pays an inflated price to a reseller, for these consoles particularly. Like, sometimes I get it. And I bought both consoles, so I won't judge anyone buying them. But if I didn't get either, I wouldn't have cared much. Both games I'm playing at launch I could've played on my old consoles. Theres 100% no rush for this launch at all.

I wont do it for either of these consoles, but I understand shoes, autographs or even cards to an extent.  I wouldn’t pay double or triple. At least with the consoles, there will eventually be an abundance.  

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, AkronsWitness said:

What Im honestly wondering is how is Playstation.com sold out of their own product......

I know they said they were going to not produce as many as they did with the ps4 but I didnt realize they were going to only make a super limited quantity

Covid. Production of damn near anything has been massively inconsistent all year. Especially in the tech sector. Without revealing too much, I run a warehouse in one of the larger tech companies. Every 2 weeks it's like we're spinning a giant wheel, and whatever it lands on is going to be impossible to get for the next month or two. At various points in time this year, it's been damn near impossible to get webcams, monitors, printers, laptops, dishwashers, freezers, controllers, game consoles, etc. It's hit almost every manufacturer at some point too. Nintendo couldn't get it together on Switches or Animal Crossing for awhile. PS4 controllers basically didn't exist for a month or so in the summer. We couldn't get HP, Acer, or LG to fulfill orders on monitors, so we just loaded up on small TVs, and pitched those to the work at home crowd. Any cheap(ish) MacBook was a unicorn late in the summer. Bosch dishwashers were backordered like 2 months for awhile.

It's all just been a question of what country or state or city is getting nailed by either Covid, or Covid-inspired restrictions, and what are the factories in those places making for us. Don't know enough about Sony's production to know where their hang up likely is, but I do know I saw literally twice as many Xbox's come through as PS5s, and while Microsoft has stayed quiet, Sony has basically told everyone not to get optimistic about having stock. I'd love to know what Wal-Mart has been thinking through the whole thing today. If they just held some back for some arbitrary reason, or if they're selling them before they have them secured by Sony, because I can guarantee they didn't get more today.

• Like 1