Playstation 5

showtime

5 hours ago, BayRaider said:

This is awesome, thanks for the write up!

I'm definitely someone who likes change, was an Android user for seven years and had the S1, S4, and S7 and then switched to Apple for the first time with Xs and love it. Also have had Playstation since PS1, but always research every time. A lot of people stick to one thing forever because they are so used to it, but I like making an informed decision.

I do like that PS5 has a 4K Blu Ray Player, and I do wanna get Gran Turismo and MLB The Show exclusives. Plus was never a big Halo fan. Although I'm not gonna let three games dictate my decision entirely. I really do like how Xbox has stepped up their game this time. It really is about the same console this time around, when PS4 was the better console than the One. Looks like PS5 will have better exclusives for a while, but Xbox is a slightly more powerful system that may have some more better exclusives in the long run.

I'm liking that Xbox also is offering the console at 34.99/mo 0% APR for 24 months that includes Xbox Ultimate Gamepass. Heck of a deal there. Gamepass looks great. Really smart of them to offer this considering more people will probably lean PS5.

I, myself, am leaning PS5, but still trying to decide. I might end up getting both at some point. Maybe The Series X now and PS5 in a year or two.. Series X seems easier to get at the moment and I really don't care about the exclusives right now.

No problem, I agree...it’s silly to stay with one piece of plastic over an other for blind loyalties sake.

As far as those games go, I believe this is the year that MLB is making The Show be on multiple consoles...but I don’t remember when that’s supposed to start. Forza is apparently great (racers aren’t something I play much) and you’ll get it more often between Motorsport and Horizons. But yeah there is a long list of games that will all be day1 Gamepass the next 3 years, don’t know what’s the deal with Bethesda games as far as being exclusive...but not having to pay extra for them is pretty nice as is.

Yeah that all-access deal is nice. I think they’ve done a good job giving people price points to play. Like a lot more people can afford $15 - $35  a month than a lump payment. 

I think depending of work, the best play is get PS5 and a good PC. People always say it as a derogatory thing that Xbox games go to PC, but that and xCloud are what makes stuff like Gamepass and these studio buys possible. Who cares where, you are getting games finally.

My reasoning was I don’t have the cash to do a side computer I’d want and wanted the ease of the console, plus I’m more excited for the prospects of Xbox exclusives than I am a new gen of Sony ones. I loved God of War and will get a PS5 to play the next one, but a lot of the “must haves” fell flat for me the last two gens on PlayStation... I don’t think I’ll try again with some of them. And I know a lot of it is personal taste, like getting board and not having fun in Naughty Dog games or I get why a Bloodborne might be great...but I have very little interest in Soulslike games. A touch is fine, like Jedi Fallen Order or the Valkyrie fights in GoW. But a whole game of stress and rage isn’t what I really game for. It has been even easier to go the opposite way...because if you didn’t like racers or platformers, you got a bunch of nothin the last 5 years for Xbox.

5 hours ago, showtime said:

I don't think MLB The Show is an exclusive game to Playstation anymore.

There's no way I would buy an Xbox over a Playstation right now. Xbox has no exclusive games other than Halo and Gears.

Neither is really worth it, but yeah Xbox Series X right now is essentially Xbox One XX. Does stuff way better than the One X which does things better than the One S.

Launching with just a console port of Gears Tactics was awful, yeah Halo screwed it all up...but man they did  a bad job there.
Like at least get Flight Sim ready too, or hold Wasteland 3 til launch. 

I think that no exclusive narrative is dying soon though, how much depends on two big things.

• Whats the deal with Bethesda/Zenimax? Starfield/Wolfenstein 3/ Doom 3/ Elder Scrolls 6/ Next Fallout + whatever the other Arkane studio is doing along with these other rumored projects for the ESo studio....it's a big swing either way that goes. SOme of them will undoubtedly be exclusive.
  • Will these games land and be great? Not every single one has to be, but a handful of them should to even things up.
    They don't have the built in trust like a Naughty Dog. Like you know if you like a ND game that's exactly what you are gonna get with their next one. You know Insomniac will be so so on characters but wonderful and smooth on gameplay. The only thing Xbox has is The Coalition are a talented studio being held back by a tired franchise in Gears, the Halo team will under deliver everytime, and for whatever reason Forza has two top of their game studios devoted to it. At least the latter split off into a new team in-house to make Fable.

No one can really say with any certainty at this point. We probably won't get a clear answer to #1 until the deal is done, so probably next E3 time (unless they choose to do the torturous news drip again) And the games we have no clue. Stuff this year has been good, though smaller.The devs talk about ways the Xbox buy made the games better. like Psychonauts 2 is getting a more robust ending and game because of it. But ground up stuff isn't coming until late next ear really.

Today and for year 1 though yeaaaa.. you right.

7 hours ago, Kiltman said:

Neither is really worth it, but yeah Xbox Series X right now is essentially Xbox One XX. Does stuff way better than the One X which does things better than the One S.

Launching with just a console port of Gears Tactics was awful, yeah Halo screwed it all up...but man they did  a bad job there.
Like at least get Flight Sim ready too, or hold Wasteland 3 til launch. 

I think that no exclusive narrative is dying soon though, how much depends on two big things.

• Whats the deal with Bethesda/Zenimax? Starfield/Wolfenstein 3/ Doom 3/ Elder Scrolls 6/ Next Fallout + whatever the other Arkane studio is doing along with these other rumored projects for the ESo studio....it's a big swing either way that goes. SOme of them will undoubtedly be exclusive.
  • Will these games land and be great? Not every single one has to be, but a handful of them should to even things up.
    They don't have the built in trust like a Naughty Dog. Like you know if you like a ND game that's exactly what you are gonna get with their next one. You know Insomniac will be so so on characters but wonderful and smooth on gameplay. The only thing Xbox has is The Coalition are a talented studio being held back by a tired franchise in Gears, the Halo team will under deliver everytime, and for whatever reason Forza has two top of their game studios devoted to it. At least the latter split off into a new team in-house to make Fable.

No one can really say with any certainty at this point. We probably won't get a clear answer to #1 until the deal is done, so probably next E3 time (unless they choose to do the torturous news drip again) And the games we have no clue. Stuff this year has been good, though smaller.The devs talk about ways the Xbox buy made the games better. like Psychonauts 2 is getting a more robust ending and game because of it. But ground up stuff isn't coming until late next ear really.

Today and for year 1 though yeaaaa.. you right.

IDK man, Insomniac was amazing with Ratchet and Clank characters.

4 hours ago, scar988 said:

IDK man, Insomniac was amazing with Ratchet and Clank characters.

I’ll have to leave that up to people who play those games. My only experience with them is Sunset Overdrive and Spider-man. 

There were other generalities I could’ve pulled from the teams but i didn’t want to be make it a super negative thing.

18 minutes ago, MikeT14 said:

Correct. Starting with '21 you can find it on XBOX and Switch (although I believe there are some extra perks to the PS version iirc)

Nobody knows that for sure. They said it was coming in the future, but not necessarily starting with 21.

In addition, the historic expansion of the long-standing partnerships will bring MLB The Show, for the first time ever, to additional console platforms beyond PlayStation platforms as early as 2021. Complete details will be announced at a later date.

4 hours ago, MikeT14 said:

Agreed. While still the best of a crappy bunch of sports games, it's been retro-innovative for years. 

This is the issue when only one game company makes a game for any particular sport.     I miss the days of at least 4 or 5 games for the major sports.   Sure, they weren't all good, but there was more incentive for companies like EA snd 2K to put actual effort into their games.

Now, theyve created monopolies, and they sell the games based mostly on the popularity of the sport rather than the quality of their product and tell fans "Take it or leave it".

47 minutes ago, 43M said:

This is the issue when only one game company makes a game for any particular sport.     I miss the days of at least 4 or 5 games for the major sports.   Sure, they weren't all good, but there was more incentive for companies like EA snd 2K to put actual effort into their games.

Now, theyve created monopolies, and they sell the games based mostly on the popularity of the sport rather than the quality of their product and tell fans "Take it or leave it".

Monopolies are horrible. Look at Google, Facebook, and Twitter for example, they've all become horrendous platforms. Been using DuckDuckGo.

Gonna be even worse with Small Businesses going out of business with COVID and these huge corporations having monopolies.

• Like 1