Playstation 5

showtime

3 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

Monopolies are horrible. Look at Google, Facebook, and Twitter for example, they've all become horrendous platforms. Been using DuckDuckGo.

Gonna be even worse with Small Businesses going out of business with COVID and these huge corporations having monopolies.

100%.

Same with cable companies.    They regionalize everything so that there is only one option for high speed internet in most parts of the country.      That way, they can price gauge the hell out of us.    I read that we pay much more for internet than any other developed country.

I hate complaining about such petty stuff since there are much bigger issues....but these major corporations are ruining so much.    Zero competition is never a good thing, in any case.

• Like 1

On 11/20/2020 at 1:58 PM, BayRaider said:

What’s the difference between PS5 vs The X this era? I’ve never gotten an Xbox, have owned PS1, PS2, PS3, PS4 but don’t have any weird fanboy loyalty, just always get what I think is the better console. Which one would you guys say is better?

I have both, and so far I've preferred the Series X, but almost everything is minor little things I haven't liked about the set up process or physical design or some user friendliness things in terms of how they've handled save backups and backwards compatible games and such, with the PS5. Nothing major between the two, honestly, just little things. I have heard more complaints about technical glitches from the PS5, but it's very early. Much could change on that front in the coming months. Personally, I've had like 2 crashes on each. 1 in Miles Morales, 1 on the PS5 dashboard, and then 2 on the Series X in Valhalla. The dashboard one is the only one that concerns me (I'd be shocked if Valhalla never crashed on any system, because Ubisoft), but again, it's very very early.

My honest recommendation to people who really want to get a next gen console now, would probably just be to get whichever one you're able to get ahold of. I think the real deciding points won't be clear for awhile. The big questions on each for me, is how does Microsoft's studio acquisitions pan out, from a games perspective, and how much mileage do devs actually get out of the Dualsense? I think the Dualsense is dope, but I've seen features like these that only one of the three console manufacturers has, get underused for years, because third party devs just don't want to bother with it. If they do, though, that could be a big difference if devs really embrace the features. And then the obvious last gen win for Sony was the exclusives, so whether or not Microsoft puts a dent in that will be big this gen. They have the studios, but it doesn't matter if they don't get games out, and if they aren't console selling good.

I think the obvious perks on each side from last gen still exist for now. Have to love Sony's current exclusive lineup. God of War and Horizon are already promising as upcoming titles. And then Microsoft has everything that Gamepass brings, especially if you also do any PC gaming. Both will inevitably try to match those things, on each side, but they haven't yet.

Right now, I'm using my PS5 for Sony exclusives, and my Series X for everything else, basically. But I have enjoyed both so far. Though both are definitely luxuries anyways, at this point. I've played nothing on either that I couldn't have played on my PS4 Pro or my One X. Except for the hour and a half of Bugsnax I played. But we don't count that.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

Yeah they completely lied about bot protection. 

Best odds now are physical on Black Friday. My gamestop has one PS5 and two Series X at 7am, gonna try to line up at 4am and just keep myself entertained. 

I got one tonight on Walmart somehow. I have no clue how my page froze put me in a waiting room. Said it was sold out but was in my cart. Let me check out haven't cancelled my order yet

3 hours ago, BayRaider said:

My gamestop will have 1 PS5 and 2 Xbox Series X's in stock on Black Friday, first come first serve at 7am. Wonder how early I would have to camp out?

Early, was doing trade ins the other day... apparently they didn’t let a lot of the workers get consoles at launch, so they might be dipping into the allotment. Though hopefully that’s in addition to the numbers they put out there.

2 minutes ago, Kiltman said:

Early, was doing trade ins the other day... apparently they didn’t let a lot of the workers get consoles at launch, so they might be dipping into the allotment. Though hopefully that’s in addition to the numbers they put out there.

4 not early enough?

48 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

Yeah they completely lied about bot protection. 

Best odds now are physical on Black Friday. My gamestop has one PS5 and two Series X at 7am, gonna try to line up at 4am and just keep myself entertained. 

Hmm I do have covid right now. I could use being a biological weapon right now to my advantage in getting to the front of the line 

7 hours ago, BayRaider said:

My gamestop will have 1 PS5 and 2 Xbox Series X's in stock on Black Friday, first come first serve at 7am. Wonder how early I would have to camp out?

Uh, if you want the PS5, I would maybe get to the store at like 9pm Thursday night and be prepared to stay there until 7am.

11 minutes ago, showtime said:

Uh, if you want the PS5, I would maybe get to the store at like 9pm Thursday night and be prepared to stay there until 7am.

California has a curfew from 10pm to 5am that nobody is allowed out. Thinking about going out around 3 and I doubt anyone is going to say anything.

9 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

California has a curfew from 10pm to 5am that nobody is allowed out. Thinking about going out around 3 and I doubt anyone is going to say anything.

Yeah, I'm sure it's fine. Otherwise, the stores wouldn't encourage camping by having only one console in stock lol

Luckily I have the luxury of getting up sooner than most on my own volition with my meds (Remeron and Adderall), but will that be enough to get one at 7AM on Black Friday morning or will I have to camp out? Sadly, this may be my only hope of getting one. Even more sadly, I think I know the answer.

But yeah, **** scalpers. **** em up their ******* *****.

Edited by KManX89