Playstation 5

showtime

1 hour ago, RavensfanRD said:

I get where you're coming from, but its hard for me to take the analogy only because as you said, food v. luxury. But I do get it.

I made that analogy because, even if its luxury vs necessity, the exact same logic is still intact...buying something in bulk in order to exploit the low availability.

And as I alluded to...why should people be able to resell a product they didnt create for their own profit?   Thats piracy.     Its one thing selling an extra or spare one for a reasonable price....but buying in bulk to sell at insane prices?    Im not salty because I had no intention of getting a PS5 at launch even at market price....but its a scummy and rightfully illegal practice nonetheless.

The PS5 controller is just insanely good. I thought the PS4 controller was one of the worst.... construction felt cheap and the battery was God awful.

The PS5 controller is like a compete 180. It has a premium feel to it, it's bigger and more comfortable, and the haptics are insane.  Even with the haptics, the battery is also good and the controller charges really fast.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, showtime said:

The PS5 controller is just insanely good. I thought the PS4 controller was one of the worst.... construction felt cheap and the battery was God awful.

The PS5 controller is like a compete 180. It has a premium feel to it, it's bigger and more comfortable, and the haptics are insane.  Even with the haptics, the battery is also good and the controller charges really fast.

I've always loved all 5 gens of PS's controllers. Never understood why they got hate. Not a big fan of Xbox's controllers, unless you pay the big bucks for the Elite one, which is probably the best controller of any system.

10 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

I've always loved all 5 gens of PS's controllers. Never understood why they got hate. Not a big fan of Xbox's controllers, unless you pay the big bucks for the Elite one, which is probably the best controller of any system.

PS4 controller sucked lol

Also, I've used an Xbox Elite. It was my favorite controller until the PS5 controller came out. I'd take that over an elite any day.  The haptics on the PS5 is just something no other controller on the market has and it doesn't cost like $180.

Just now, BayRaider said:

Nice, you actually got through on the website yesterday morning?

My brother in law did a couple weeks ago. He added it to his cart and he was messaged a code. Once he put that in he was able to buy my PS5 and his XBOX. Luckily this was at 5am while he was at work. 

The more I use the PS5 controller the more I love it. I still prefer the actual layout/feel to the Xbox controller (the stick placement is still just better IMO), but haptic feedback is just such a good addition. It just makes everything feel so much more impactful. When I switched back to Xbox controller, it felt empty and cheap in comparison.  Microsoft is going to have to come out with their own controller that has haptic feedback in the next 2-3 years.

1 hour ago, elevators_rule said:

The more I use the PS5 controller the more I love it. I still prefer the actual layout/feel to the Xbox controller (the stick placement is still just better IMO), but haptic feedback is just such a good addition. It just makes everything feel so much more impactful. When I switched back to Xbox controller, it felt empty and cheap in comparison.  Microsoft is going to have to come out with their own controller that has haptic feedback in the next 2-3 years.

I've ALWAYS preferred Xbox controllers ever since the 360. I thought the 360 and Xbox One controllers were far superior to the PS3 and PS4 controllers. However, this generation is the complete opposite. The Xbox Series S/X controller doesn't even compete with the PS5 controller.

And yeah, it's crazy that Microsoft elected to not put haptics in their controller. They kind of can't put them in there now because they'd have to make a brand new controller and then everyone would have to buy it, which would be a huge issue because tons of people won't buy it.

Sony did it the right way because it's apart of the standard controller, which means everyone owns it. Therefore, devs can make games that use haptic feedback that EVERYONE has access to.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, showtime said:

I've ALWAYS preferred Xbox controllers ever since the 360. I thought the 360 and Xbox One controllers were far superior to the PS3 and PS4 controllers. However, this generation is the complete opposite. The Xbox Series S/X controller doesn't even compete with the PS5 controller.

And yeah, it's crazy that Microsoft elected to not put haptics in their controller. They kind of can't put them in there now because they'd have to make a brand new controller and then everyone would have to buy it, which would be a huge issue because tons of people won't buy it.

Sony did it the right way because it's apart of the standard controller, which means everyone owns it. Therefore, devs can make games that use haptic feedback that EVERYONE has access to.

Yeah, it's really shocking to me how much of a game changer it is. When they discussed it in their presentation, I thought it was just marketing buzz and kind of a gimmick. Right now, at least for myself, it's surprisingly the biggest single difference between the two consoles at the moment.

I do think, however, it's not too late for Microsoft. If they develop/integrate the tech, they could easily replace their current stock controller that sells for $60 with one that includes haptic feedback. Some people might be upset that it wasn't included with the system, but I don't think it would be that much different than having to pay money for an improved headset or other peripheral. In terms of 3rd party devs making use of it, I imagine if they're already doing it for the PS5, the programming is there to easily integrate it with the Xbox as well. If a person is using an older controller that doesn't have haptic feedback, they could easily detect that and simply not apply any of the haptic settings. If they're using a haptic controller, they just apply the settings that they already designed for the PS5 controller (with some small integration modifications, I'm sure).

Would've been really nice if Microsoft had it from the beginning, but they have a good opportunity to improve and try to even the playing field IMO. Until then, I honestly think if I wasn't on PC I'd play most of my 3rd party games on the PS5, at least until (if) the graphical disparity between the consoles actually starts to become apparent.

Yeah Microsoft dropped the ball on the stock controllers. Really don't like them. And the PS5 stock controller is not far off from the Xbox Elite Controller that retails at $180. I'd give the edge to the Elite, but a $180 controller should have much more than an "edge" over a system stock controller.

What they should do, is make a new stock controller for their Pro System in four years, and also lower the Elite Controller price to $120-$130 in the meantime.