Playstation 5

showtime

Walmart blocked over 20 million bot attempts within the first 30 minutes alone of putting up more PS5 stock today. I know tons of people that got one because of it.

Their bot protection? From what I could tell, and I could be wrong, but a simple CAPTCHA when you try to add it to cart. Really makes you wonder how many of these retailers tried/cared about bots sweeping away their stock. I guess a sale is a sale to them.

edit: Here's the tweet

Edited by elevators_rule

On 12/17/2020 at 6:12 PM, elevators_rule said:

Walmart blocked over 20 million bot attempts within the first 30 minutes alone of putting up more PS5 stock today. I know tons of people that got one because of it.

Their bot protection? From what I could tell, and I could be wrong, but a simple CAPTCHA when you try to add it to cart. Really makes you wonder how many of these retailers tried/cared about bots sweeping away their stock. I guess a sale is a sale to them.

edit: Here's the tweet

I used to run my own forums.  The bots become smart.  I even made it so people had to enter their favorite teams, and vBulletin still let them through after a week or so of spam leveling off.  They probably switched their captcha method and threw them off for a brief moment.  

I tried again for both an XBox and PS5 on Tuesday and the clock switched to 3:30 and 3:40 and already sold out.  Not a chance.

39 minutes ago, naptownskinsfan said:

I used to run my own forums.  The bots become smart.  I even made it so people had to enter their favorite teams, and vBulletin still let them through after a week or so of spam leveling off.  They probably switched their captcha method and threw them off for a brief moment.  

I tried again for both an XBox and PS5 on Tuesday and the clock switched to 3:30 and 3:40 and already sold out.  Not a chance.

Follow certain ps5 stock accounts on twitter, turn on tweet notifications and stay vigilant. That’s how I got my ps5. They also reported Xbox’s dropping and I went through the whole process of buying it without actually submitting it a couple times to see if I could get it and I could’ve, but dropped out cause I don’t want a ******* Xbox 

Scalpers tanking PS5 profits, system suffers unusually low software sales.

Sony sells their systems at a loss and depends on software/accessory sales and PS + subscriptions to turn a profit as does Microsoft, and whadd'ya know? Scalpers are f'ing holding them hostage. One publisher even said they might delay their PS5 games because of this shyt.

Still think scalping isn't a big deal? 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, ttitansfan4life said:

Had an opportunity to buy a the new Xbox yesterday and passed. Probably should’ve bought it since the chances of finding a PS5 are slim to none. Never had this issue when the PS4 came out.

I made a Twitter and followed all the guys posting updates about ps5 drops with notifications on for when they posted and I got one a little while ago. Just gotta stay vigilant

23 hours ago, ttitansfan4life said:

Had an opportunity to buy a the new Xbox yesterday and passed. Probably should’ve bought it since the chances of finding a PS5 are slim to none. Never had this issue when the PS4 came out.

The CEO said that they had more pre-orders of the PS5 in the first 12 hours than they did of the PS4 in the first 12 weeks. That's absurd.

Ryan spoke to Reuters about the consumer demand for the PS5 on October 27 and said: "The demand as expressed by the level of pre-order has been very, very considerable." Ryan said that Sony pre-sold as many PS5s in the first 12 hours of preorders in the United States as were sold in the first 12 weeks of preorders for the PlayStation 4.

https://www.ign.com/articles/ps5-pre-order-figures-jim-ryan

On 12/27/2020 at 8:12 PM, showtime said:

The CEO said that they had more pre-orders of the PS5 in the first 12 hours than they did of the PS4 in the first 12 weeks. That's absurd.

Ryan spoke to Reuters about the consumer demand for the PS5 on October 27 and said: "The demand as expressed by the level of pre-order has been very, very considerable." Ryan said that Sony pre-sold as many PS5s in the first 12 hours of preorders in the United States as were sold in the first 12 weeks of preorders for the PlayStation 4.

https://www.ign.com/articles/ps5-pre-order-figures-jim-ryan

Yeah but like 92% of those were scalpers 

On 12/27/2020 at 8:55 PM, Outpost31 said:

I will get one as soon as I can once that Harry Potter game is released.

That Harry Potter game is my last great hope for an RPG that I will enjoy that is coming out in 2021. 

I am cautiously optimistic about this one. I don't want to be let down