Playstation 5

showtime

3 hours ago, 43M said:

Sony apparently cancelled the black PS5s due to threats.

If its for the reason I think it might be...this is beyond stupid.    Guess we will see if they EVENTUALLY come out.

The Black PS5s weren't being produced by Sony. They were being produced by a 3rd party manufacturer that was simply putting a black skin on them and PS2 logo. The death threats were due to them buying up regular stock and then marketing them as black PS5s for $649. I guess people didn't like them taking stock away of an already short-supply product.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, elevators_rule said:

The Black PS5s weren't being produced by Sony. They were being produced by a 3rd party manufacturer that was simply putting a black skin on them and PS2 logo. The death threats were due to them buying up regular stock and then marketing them as black PS5s for $649. I guess people didn't like them taking stock away of an already short-supply product.

Damn.    

I want a black PS5 tho.    😕

On 12/17/2020 at 5:12 PM, elevators_rule said:

Walmart blocked over 20 million bot attempts within the first 30 minutes alone of putting up more PS5 stock today. I know tons of people that got one because of it.

Their bot protection? From what I could tell, and I could be wrong, but a simple CAPTCHA when you try to add it to cart. Really makes you wonder how many of these retailers tried/cared about bots sweeping away their stock. I guess a sale is a sale to them.

edit: Here's the tweet

Can Nike and Jordan do that when Jordans release?

I really don't know how people keep falling for that limited supply joke on the PS5.

You get the PS5 and now WTF are you going to do with it? 

There are like 5 games out for it.  Four of which are just remasters or whatever you want to call them, and the 5th is like DLC for Spider Man. 

Hogwarts Legacy has just been delayed to 2022. 

I say this like this because I'm the idiot who almost bought one.  Like, "Hey, I can't believe this is here.  I need to buy this."  Then I'm like... "What the **** am I going to do with it?" 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

I really don't know how people keep falling for that limited supply joke on the PS5.

There are like 5 games out for it.  Four of which are just remasters or whatever you want to call them, and the 5th is like DLC for Spider Man. 

I say this like this because I'm the idiot who almost bought one.  Like, "Hey, I can't believe this is here.  I need to buy this."  Then I'm like... "What the **** am I going to do with it?" 

Yea but it loads up Rocket League super duper fast...

12 hours ago, Outpost31 said:

I mean, you could be someone like me... I didn't really play Playstation much last gen. I spent way more time on the Xbox One than I did on the PS4. Therefore, I missed a ton of games from the last 7 years on Playstation.

Even if you're someone who played PS4 last gen, a lot of games just run way better and look better in general. Like for instance, Borderlands 3 runs at like 30 FPS on the PS4..... the game runs at 120 fps on the PS5.  Like that's a massive freaking jump more than any words can even describe.

Then, you got the games you were talking about in Demon's Souls, Miles Morales, etc.

I think the console is well worth it, personally.

I agree with @Outpost31.

How people spend their money is completely up to them, but WTF does the PS5 offer at this point to make it worth going nuts trying to find one?    I could understand if it launched with several top end exclusives like GOW 2, HZD 2, SpiderMan 2(Miles Morales was a glorified DLC that you can also get on PS4) and others....but there is very little that currently makes it worth having at this point.  Most new consoles aren't worth getting immediately for any other reason but just to say you have one.

Again, I am not knocking anyone who wanted it and got it… but  it's somewhat silly to go nuts trying to find it before there are any notable reasons to own it.   Its like when 4K first started rolling out but there was hardly anything that supported true 4K, yet people were still rushing out and spending thousands on 4K TVs.