Playstation 5

showtime

6 hours ago, 43M said:

For the record, my argument was never that it isnt worth buying. 

I just personally dont feel its worth going nuts trying to find one RIGHT NOW....whether that means searching websites for hours on end hoping for a restock, or paying notably above market value to get one.

Maybe the real worth, is the friends we made along the way.

Agreed nobody should pay above retail, but tracking one down on launch day was a ton of fun. 

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, rob_shadows said:

Anybody check out destruction all stars yet? I played a couple rounds last night, it's fun but I feel like they definitely need to add some more to the game down the line.

I downloaded it last night but haven’t tried it yet. Definitely going to check it out tonight.. looks pretty cool. 

1 hour ago, MikeT14 said:

My twitter is now down at work. Can anyone let me know in this thread if a queue goes up?

I'm finding the twitter accounts have less and less actual queues and more spontaneous releases. Its a real bummer. Walmart and Target seem to do it the best out of any of the stores though. 

44 minutes ago, MikeT14 said:

Mornings or afternoons?

Target has done Mornings at like 6 am CST. Walmart, Best Buy, Gamestop all seem to release randomly but it always seems to be past 10 - 11. I got mine at the last Walmart release though so I don't know what's going to happen going forward. 

• Like 1

On 1/24/2021 at 8:13 PM, 43M said:

I agree with @Outpost31.

How people spend their money is completely up to them, but WTF does the PS5 offer at this point to make it worth going nuts trying to find one?    I could understand if it launched with several top end exclusives like GOW 2, HZD 2, SpiderMan 2(Miles Morales was a glorified DLC that you can also get on PS4) and others....but there is very little that currently makes it worth having at this point.  Most new consoles aren't worth getting immediately for any other reason but just to say you have one.

Again, I am not knocking anyone who wanted it and got it… but  it's somewhat silly to go nuts trying to find it before there are any notable reasons to own it.   Its like when 4K first started rolling out but there was hardly anything that supported true 4K, yet people were still rushing out and spending thousands on 4K TVs.

I do agree there isn't much of a reason to get a new console at launch. I got my PS2 two years after launch, PS3 18 months after launch, and PS4 two years after launch.

The reason I copped a Series S is because I gave my Nephew my PS4 about a year ago when his broke, and I've had the itch to game, but still rocking a 1080p TV.

Edited by BayRaider
  • Like 1

On 1/29/2021 at 3:01 AM, 43M said:

For the record, my argument was never that it isnt worth buying. 

I just personally dont feel its worth going nuts trying to find one RIGHT NOW....whether that means searching websites for hours on end hoping for a restock, or paying notably above market value to get one.

Its really easy to shop smart for a PS5. Follow a couple of reliable twitter handles and try your luck at those time periods during releases. How I got mine. Scouring websites will just get you a whole lot of out of stock messages. 

My PS4 sounds like a jet plane and I am down to one controller with both of the rubber pads gone on my PS4. I just don't feel like spending 60 bucks on something I will be replacing in the near near future. 

• Like 1

I'm in the UK so don't know what the drops are like over in the US. But I used an app called HotStock, sends you a notification the minute when the PS5 comes back in stock on any reputable website. That's how I got mine, it does all the work for you, just wait for the notification to come in and follow the link.

Just had a quick Google and think it's available in the US. No idea if there's any other American stock apps out there, but this one definitely works.

22 hours ago, RJ_11 said:

I'm in the UK so don't know what the drops are like over in the US. But I used an app called HotStock, sends you a notification the minute when the PS5 comes back in stock on any reputable website. That's how I got mine, it does all the work for you, just wait for the notification to come in and follow the link.

Just had a quick Google and think it's available in the US. No idea if there's any other American stock apps out there, but this one definitely works.

I heard the UK got hit even harder then the US with bots and scalpers. 

1 minute ago, MikeT14 said:

Estimated wait time is: more than one hour... oh well struck out again lol 

Same haha. Crazy thing is I've gotten 2 ps5's already. Instead of keeping one I let my brother have the first at cost as he really wanted one, then his best friend's wife wanted to get him one for christmas so I let that one go for cost as well. I think I'm scalping wrong haha

• Like 1