Playstation 5

showtime

4 hours ago, Spartacus said:

Twitter is your best friend. Follow a few of the major PS5 links. They will usually alert you of the next drops. I found Target & Walmart to be the most intuitive but Playstation Direct & Gamestop also have queues on occasion as well as a spattering of other retailers but I focus on the above. Make sure you have an account setup at the sites with addresses & CC information already filled in and then you just wait for a drop and hope you get lucky. 

I got mine from the Walmart drop in early Feb but it still hasn't shipped which is common so you may be waiting a month even if you do get an order in... Its annoying but I think its getting easier. 

Are they regularly priced ($500) or is it super expensive?

3 minutes ago, SteelKing728 said:

Are they regularly priced ($500) or is it super expensive?

All the major retailers are $400 for digital or $500 for the disc ones. Some (like game stop and costco) are doing forced bundles though (so an extra controller, game, etc) and might sell that for like $700.I think that's what you are asking. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MikeT14 said:

All the major retailers are $400 for digital or $500 for the disc ones. Some (like game stop and costco) are doing forced bundles though (so an extra controller, game, etc) and might sell that for like $700.I think that's what you are asking. 

I mean, if I'm paying $700 for a PS5, I better be getting a 2nd controller, a spiderman game and some other cool stuff like a headset and the camera to go with all of it.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, scar988 said:

I mean, if I'm paying $700 for a PS5, I better be getting a 2nd controller, a spiderman game and some other cool stuff like a headset and the camera to go with all of it.

For example, the Costco one was $639.99

• Bundle includes:
  • Playstation 5 
  • Additional DualSense Wireless Controller
  • Spider-Man: Miles Morales Ultimate Launch Edition
  • 1 Month PlayStation Now Membership

Just now, MikeT14 said:

For example, the Costco one was $639.99

• Bundle includes:
  • Playstation 5 
  • Additional DualSense Wireless Controller
  • Spider-Man: Miles Morales Ultimate Launch Edition
  • 1 Month PlayStation Now Membership

That's worth it to me. A $60 controller, a $70 game, and a $10 subscription. Discount is literally $0. but it's all worth paying for in that bundle.

20 hours ago, scar988 said:

That's worth it to me. A $60 controller, a $70 game, and a $10 subscription. Discount is literally $0. but it's all worth paying for in that bundle.

Yea Unfortunately I've been loading up on games knowing that I will get a PS5 at some point so the bundles kind of screw me over. 

6 minutes ago, Spartacus said:

Yea Unfortunately I've been loading up on games knowing that I will get a PS5 at some point so the bundles kind of screw me over. 

I'm excited to potentially get one. I had one at like 3 am last night in my amazon orders until I realized my wife's card was the one I ran so I had to cancel that order super quick. By the time I was able to switch it back over to my card, the thing was sold out. I'm hoping there's another drop at Dell or something where I can get it done. Looking back at it. I wish I would have just bought it last night and dealt with the annoying potential situation there.

Edited by scar988

27 minutes ago, agarcia34 said:

Should have just kept the order and just changed the card that you wanted to use. I know u can do that with other Amazon orders so I can assume u can do it with a PS5 order cause they won’t charge until it ships. 

I didn't know how to do that in 3am brain, sadly.

Ordered Sunday President day on Monday so not sure UPS ships that day PS5 got to one of their verification centers today and verified and ready to be shipped. Hopefully get it early next week. 

Moving a lot faster then I expected 

Edited by agarcia34