9 hours ago, showtime said:

https://store.playstation.com/en-us/product/UP0006-CUSA15080_00-STARWARSTRIPBUND

^ Y'all think that's worth it? The only game I played on that list really is Battlefront II and I thought it was pretty fun back when it released.

Depends how much you’d like a game like Squadrons. Which from what I hear is very flight sim-ish. They just added it to EA play so I’m going to check it out soon.

Would you go back to Battlefront? I liked the campaign, even if it was very short.

Jedi Fallen Order is vastly superior to the other two personally so I’d say it’s worth it for that alone. But Target is doing a game deal this week and there are other ways you could get that cheaper.

3 hours ago, Kiltman said:

Depends how much you’d like a game like Squadrons. Which from what I hear is very flight sim-ish. They just added it to EA play so I’m going to check it out soon.

Would you go back to Battlefront? I liked the campaign, even if it was very short.

Jedi Fallen Order is vastly superior to the other two personally so I’d say it’s worth it for that alone. But Target is doing a game deal this week and there are other ways you could get that cheaper.

The thing about me is that I don't know anything about Star Wars. I've never watched any of the movies of the TV show on Disney Plus. Would Fallen Order be okay to play for someone who doesn't know anything about the series at all? I've always heard people say it's a great game.

36 minutes ago, showtime said:

The thing about me is that I don't know anything about Star Wars. I've never watched any of the movies of the TV show on Disney Plus. Would Fallen Order be okay to play for someone who doesn't know anything about the series at all? I've always heard people say it's a great game.

Yeah, it’s it’s a Souls-light, gives you enough backstory and personal stakes on its own. Obviously get some extra out of it if you know the universe but I think it should operate fine on its own.

It takes place in the 20 or so years between episode 3 and 4, or the end of the prequels and start of the original trilogy. Your character would’ve been a kid in episode 3 and you see some of that.

If you wanted a breakdown I’m sure there are plenty of short YouTube videos that would explain the world. Biggest lore thing it tackles is Order 66. Which explain why your character is where he is.

Long story short, being a Jedi isn’t a good thing anymore after thousands of years of being at the top peace keeping.

1 hour ago, Kiltman said:
2 hours ago, showtime said:

Yeah, it’s it’s a Souls-light, gives you enough backstory and personal stakes on its own. Obviously get some extra out of it if you know the universe but I think it should operate fine on its own.

It takes place in the 20 or so years between episode 3 and 4, or the end of the prequels and start of the original trilogy. Your character would’ve been a kid in episode 3 and you see some of that.

If you wanted a breakdown I’m sure there are plenty of short YouTube videos that would explain the world. Biggest lore thing it tackles is Order 66. Which explain why your character is where he is.

Long story short, being a Jedi isn’t a good thing anymore after thousands of years of being at the top peace keeping.

While I loved it and think it's a great game, I feel for a non Star Wars fan it would just be okay to good. 

With that being said, my gf watched me play it and now she has seen every movie and the Mandalorian and loves star wars

2 hours ago, JBURGE said:

While I loved it and think it's a great game, I feel for a non Star Wars fan it would just be okay to good. 

With that being said, my gf watched me play it and now she has seen every movie and the Mandalorian and loves star wars

It’s hard to separate, the impact of Order 66 definitely hits harder if you know what it is. But they do explain it in the game too.

Ha, yeah I could see it being a solid gateway piece. It’s fun to hear random stuff that hooks people into these big franchises. 

17 hours ago, SteelKing728 said:

Bots are still buying up the PS5.

Maybe next year. Meh.

Yeah.... I struck out every 10 mins on the Wal Mart one. 

20 hours ago, SteelKing728 said:

Maybe next year. Meh.

Just keep trying when a release occurs. I was pretty irritated too and then bang ended up actually getting one. 

21 hours ago, SteelKing728 said:

Maybe next year. Meh.

My brother in law has bought 2 Xbox Ones (one for himself and one for his brother) and 3 PS5's. (One PS5 for himself, one for my son, and the last PS5 for his friend) 

He works early in the morning at a hospital. Says He could have bought 20 PS5's by now. Just need to be up early to buy them and try to buy them through Best Buy. 

• Like 2
2 hours ago, Spartacus said:

Just keep trying when a release occurs. I was pretty irritated too and then bang ended up actually getting one. 

I almost got one and then they hacked my credit card. It was through a ecommerce website

36 minutes ago, SteelKing728 said:

I almost got one and then they hacked my credit card. It was through a ecommerce website

I would just stick to a few reputable sites. Walmart, Target, maybe Gamestop or Bestbuy. Make sure you have an account and CC information on file and then wait for drops. 

• Like 1
On 3/22/2021 at 1:40 PM, Spartacus said:

I would just stick to a few reputable sites. Walmart, Target, maybe Gamestop or Bestbuy. Make sure you have an account and CC information on file and then wait for drops. 

Dell is also a solid one when they do drops.

Had my PS5 since launch. Haven't played all that much.. probably less then 100 hours. Controller already has major upward drift happening with the left stick. Apparently it's becoming quite a problem for alot of people and there has already been lawsuits filed against Sony. Doesn't seem to be any feasible way to self repair it so have to go through the process of sending it in. Disappointing.