Playstation 5

showtime

43 minutes ago, Shockwave said:

Had my PS5 since launch. Haven't played all that much.. probably less then 100 hours. Controller already has major upward drift happening with the left stick. Apparently it's becoming quite a problem for alot of people and there has already been lawsuits filed against Sony. Doesn't seem to be any feasible way to self repair it so have to go through the process of sending it in. Disappointing.

I've definitely played more than 100 hours in the last month since I got mine and I've got no drift yet *knocks on wood*. Hoping it was addressed by the time I got mine.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Shockwave said:

Had my PS5 since launch. Haven't played all that much.. probably less then 100 hours. Controller already has major upward drift happening with the left stick. Apparently it's becoming quite a problem for alot of people and there has already been lawsuits filed against Sony. Doesn't seem to be any feasible way to self repair it so have to go through the process of sending it in. Disappointing.

Sometimes my controllers won't connect and I have to switch the HDMI port for the TV to pick up the signal. I haven't played a ton either, there aren't many games out.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, NYRaider said:

Sometimes my controllers won't connect and I have to switch the HDMI port for the TV to pick up the signal. I haven't played a ton either, there aren't many games out.

I tried the hard reset via the little paperclip port, tried cycling Bluetooth on and off,  tried cleaning the buttons and sticks with rubbing alcohol, everything short of opening the controller (voids your warranty). I refuse to buy a backup for $70 so I guess I have to wait the 3 weeks to get mine repaired. 

So update: Spent 2 days trying to get in touch with Sony via the tech support number and the online chat. Got nothing so decided to fix myself. Found a decent controller breakdown video. Quite tricky to take it all apart. Four tiny little screws you have to take out. Have to remove the L1 and R1 bumpers, the front black faceplate, the battery pack, battery pack mount. Then there is four tiny little ribbon cables you have to detach from the board. Once you do that you can remove and flip the board over but it's still soldered to the power wires. Wires have just enough play that I got access to the potentiometer housing, was able to bend it out just enough to access the little wiper/scrubber assembly inside. Cleaned that with some isopropyl and the housing. Had some black residue all over the Q-Tip when I was done. Put it back together and fired up Cyberpunk and for now my drift is completely gone. From what I've read the potentiometers are the same as the PS4 controllers but the plastic they used on the sticks for the PS5 is different. And as they wear they are leaving behind plastic dust that is getting caked in the scrubbers causing this issue. So I suspect this will end up being a routine task for me for the next however many years...

For anyone halfway handy who's not a bull in a china shop it's not a super difficult fix, you'll need a nice set of mini screwdrivers, small needle nose pliers, and thin pry tool, and alot of patience lol

• 2 weeks later...
6 hours ago, Kiltman said:

First Resident Evil that has me intrigued to play (outside an arcade).

If you haven't already, I highly recommend playing RE7. One of my favorite games of last gen. assuming you like horror games, of course. if you don't then I don't know if I'd recommend it.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, elevators_rule said:

If you haven't already, I highly recommend playing RE7. One of my favorite games of last gen. assuming you like horror games, of course. if you don't then I don't know if I'd recommend it.

Played through it twice. Once on PC and then again on PS5 and loved it so much more the second time. And the DLC's added so much to the story. I'm glad Village is continuing the Ethan and Mia storyline. Interested in the MP mode as well.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, elevators_rule said:

I don’t at all ha. 
Have watched people play it though and it looked good. I liked the direction they took it.

6 hours ago, 43M said:

6 months and its still ridiculously hard to find one.   What a trainwreck.

Oh well...still no games out that make rhe system a must own, and I doubt that changes until next year.

the global chip shortage is just insane. My company makes industrial products and are suffering from it too. 

• Like 3

On 4/17/2021 at 9:46 AM, Heimdallr said:

the global chip shortage is just insane. My company makes industrial products and are suffering from it too. 

Yeah, it's kinda wild. Every report I've read from Nvidia/AMD/TSMC has said it looks like it'll continue at minimum until March of 2022. Some have even said true demand won't be met until 2023. I can't imagine it'll go that long, but insane that it's even being reported.