Playstation 5

showtime

On 4/23/2021 at 12:02 PM, BobbyPhil1781 said:

I didn't realize there was a chip shortage as well. Man, this isn't a good launch at all but the demand is obviously still very high. Good thing I don't want one until maybe late next year lol. There's a raffle thing going on in a FB group I'm in that has them like once every other week. Only $20 to enter so I usually throw a few bids in just for the hell of it and hope to get lucky.

The chip shortage is effecting more then just PS and XBOX. Ford and GM, Apple, NVidia and AMD are also experiencing shortages that could last until 2022

There is a guy on Twitter who works for TechRadar that posts updates on when places like GameStop, Target, Walmart etc will have consoles/bundles available for online sale. Even then though it’s like you have to be ready to jump on it as soon as he posts. I also feel like you have to hope that your local store gets enough consoles (or even one) to ensure success. 

• 2 weeks later...
17 minutes ago, MikeT14 said:
1 hour ago, JBURGE said:

Returnal is really good folks. Would recommend buying on discount

Sounds like its a pain in the *** with the save system. I might wait to see if that is tweaked. 

I have never played a Rogue or whatever game before. I didn't find it too bad. I definitely had to take breaks but it made me better at the game. There is no save system, but there is kinda like a build in save halfway through, without spoiling, so after I beat it, I don't think it was too bad. 

That being said, I have the time to sit down for 3 hours and do a run. If you don't have that, then I understand the no save being an issue. 

I'm debating on what my next game to beat is. I beat Demon's Souls eventually will do another run with a different build. I have 2k haven't even installed it someone gave it to me not sure I actually want to play it. Currently I'm about halfway through Ghost of Tsushima. 3 options I'm debating on Nier Replicant, Biomutant, and Fenyx (it's on sale frequently) have heard nothing but good about them. Returnal is a game I will grab if it goes on sale in a year or so. I'm not paying $70 for it I still hate that Sony feels it's ok to charge $70 for their exclusives 

19 hours ago, JBURGE said:

Was coming here to ask if it was worth it, considering buying it. I bought Hitman but couldn't get into it and I've been playing the Show but I'm terrible. 

35 minutes ago, NYRaider said:
20 hours ago, JBURGE said:

Was coming here to ask if it was worth it, considering buying it. I bought Hitman but couldn't get into it and I've been playing the Show but I'm terrible. 

It's a great game imo. For those who don't have 3 hours to sit and play in one sitting I would wait until they update it to add in a quicksave feature. 

I wouldn't say it is something I would buy at full price if I wasn't stuck at home with nothing I want to play, but I have really enjoyed it. I am not familiar with the genre but I loved it. 

I have no issue paying full price for games I am going to get 20+ hours out of, like God of War or Horizon, but this one is a little light on content for full price. 

Edited by JBURGE
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, JBURGE said:

It's a great game imo. For those who don't have 3 hours to sit and play in one sitting I would wait until they update it to add in a quicksave feature. 

I wouldn't say it is something I would buy at full price if I wasn't stuck at home with nothing I want to play, but I have really enjoyed it. I am not familiar with the genre but I loved it. 

I have no issue paying full price for games I am going to get 20+ hours out of, like God of War or Horizon, but this one is a little light on content for full price. 

Thanks for this post, that was a fear with Returnal was being a little short for that price tag. 

31 minutes ago, MdTitansFan56 said:

Thanks for this post, that was a fear with Returnal was being a little short for that price tag. 

I'll check how many hours played I have later. If I had to guess I'm in that 12-15 range. I still have a few more to go to finish what I want to 

• Like 1