Playstation 5

showtime

4 hours ago, BobbyPhil1781 said:

Is there any word on when the PS5 will be something readily available? I had a digital one in my cart on Walmart but got in a captcha loop for 10 minutes then when it finally went through, it said it was on backorder. I prefer disks anyway but man, they're huge. 

i heard fall will be a little better, next spring (around march) is when it should become widely available.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, BobbyPhil1781 said:

Is there any word on when the PS5 will be something readily available? I had a digital one in my cart on Walmart but got in a captcha loop for 10 minutes then when it finally went through, it said it was on backorder. I prefer disks anyway but man, they're huge. 

There has been speculation that the chips that are hard to come by won’t be readily available until sometime in 2022.

I followed Matt Swider (techradar.com) on Twitter (@)mattswider and turned on notifications and it took a couple of months but I finally got one.
He posts links for XBox, PS5 Disc and Digital 
-Costco and Sam’s Club require memberships in order to purchase 

-Target, Walmart, Best Buy and Game Stop require stores in your area to have the systems (they won’t ship them to your store for pickup) 

- Sony Direct is IMO the best one because you’re purchasing directly from Sony and they ship it directly to you

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, Wyld Stallyns said:

There has been speculation that the chips that are hard to come by won’t be readily available until sometime in 2022.

I followed Matt Swider (techradar.com) on Twitter (@)mattswider and turned on notifications and it took a couple of months but I finally got one.
He posts links for XBox, PS5 Disc and Digital 
-Costco and Sam’s Club require memberships in order to purchase 

-Target, Walmart, Best Buy and Game Stop require stores in your area to have the systems (they won’t ship them to your store for pickup) 

- Sony Direct is IMO the best one because you’re purchasing directly from Sony and they ship it directly to you

That's who I saw posted that WalMart would be in stock when I tried to get it yesterday. Seems like a good follow. Just hope they're more frequent soon bc they get scooped up so damn fast!! 

Any big opinions on the tempest engine 3D audio stuff? It was one of the huge things Sony was talking about early on when the PS5 as announced, but I actually completely forgot about it until recently. Can't say I've noticed a huge change in audio quality with the PS5, but I don't think it's active on every title either.

12 hours ago, MdTitansFan56 said:

Got Returnal and holy crap it's hard

haha you will get the hang of it. Make sure once you progress on you still spend time in the first biome leveling up before moving on. I ended up beating it in 14 lives, but the Mass Effect collection came out so I stopped playing about halfway through the post game stuff. If I went back I'd get owned again for a while

23 hours ago, Kiltman said:

I held out for a PS5 full version - love that you can play the PS4 games on it.  Digital PS5-only.   

Now I'll be able to play FF7 Intergrade.....and can wait for the other A+ titles later on.   And still enjoy doing Mass Effect Legendary Edition PS4 I bought 2 months ago lol.

6 hours ago, OkeyDoke21 said:

Is EA Play not available on PS5?

https://apptrigger.com/2021/02/28/ea-play-playstation-5-ps5/#:~:text=EA Play is supported on PlayStation5 but as,convoluted. As the EA Play help page explains%3A

that’s what I found

I was gonna say, I thought Sony gave in and allowed it at some point. It’s weird that there is no hub for PS5 though.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Kiltman said:

https://apptrigger.com/2021/02/28/ea-play-playstation-5-ps5/#:~:text=EA Play is supported on PlayStation5 but as,convoluted. As the EA Play help page explains%3A

that’s what I found

I was gonna say, I thought Sony gave in and allowed it at some point. It’s weird that there is no hub for PS5 though.

Can confirm, it is weird. There is an EA Play information spot if you go into the subscriptions part of the store. Maybe it's not the store... I'd have to check on mine again. But these is now a spot that will tell you the games you can get I am pretty sure. Similar to the PS+ gold collection you get with your PS5

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Broncofan said:

I held out for a PS5 full version - love that you can play the PS4 games on it.  Digital PS5-only.   

Now I'll be able to play FF7 Intergrade.....and can wait for the other A+ titles later on.   And still enjoy doing Mass Effect Legendary Edition PS4 I bought 2 months ago lol.

This is false, you can play PS4 games on the digital version, can download them from the PS Store just like you would on a PS4 or play them from an external hard drive.