Playstation 5

showtime

18 minutes ago, rob_shadows said:

This is false, you can play PS4 games on the digital version, can download them from the PS Store just like you would on a PS4 or play them from an external hard drive.

I play PS4 versions of games on the PS5 all the time. Madden is one of them because the next gen engine sucks.

25 minutes ago, rob_shadows said:

This is false, you can play PS4 games on the digital version, can download them from the PS Store just like you would on a PS4 or play them from an external hard drive.

Fair (and glad that Sony went that route) - but my PS4 library is mostly discs, hence the appeal of the PS5 for me.

Edited by Broncofan

On 6/22/2021 at 12:21 PM, JBURGE said:

haha you will get the hang of it. Make sure once you progress on you still spend time in the first biome leveling up before moving on. I ended up beating it in 14 lives, but the Mass Effect collection came out so I stopped playing about halfway through the post game stuff. If I went back I'd get owned again for a while

Beat first 2 biomes so far. Really fun game very challenging. 

I committed, went out, and spent the money getting a very nice TV for gaming. I really feel like it paid off. I notice a huge difference in color and quality (and it's not like it was hooked up to a crappy TV before), and am hoping the future holds big things for the PS5 with this.

3 hours ago, MikeT14 said:

I committed, went out, and spent the money getting a very nice TV for gaming. I really feel like it paid off. I notice a huge difference in color and quality (and it's not like it was hooked up to a crappy TV before), and am hoping the future holds big things for the PS5 with this.

Yeah adding HDR/Dolby Vision/etc along with the stuff that allows you to take advantage of the higher frame rates can be night and day.

What one did you go with?

5 hours ago, MikeT14 said:

The Samsung QN90A QLED

Nice, I need to get a new one at some point soon. Want at least to do 120 FPS for the games that do that, freesync. Going back and forth between Samsung and LG.

My current one is a 4k led that only does 60 and is kinda small at 49”…playing Valhalla left some burn in which was an easy reason to start looking.

On 6/27/2021 at 7:31 PM, SteelKing728 said:

Is it still impossible to get a ps5? I stopped bothering like over a month ago.

About the same, from my perspective. Demand is lower than it was in the early stages, but supply is lower as well, so it about evens out as far as retail availability.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, MikeT14 said:

The Samsung QN90A QLED

Thoughts on this one?

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/sony-65-class-x85j-series-led-4k-uhd-smart-google-tv/6455578.p?skuId=6455578

I'm getting like a $5,000 bonus next month based on my performance this month and I'm hoping to upgrade the 55" 1080p 4 year old TV that's in my living room with it.

35 minutes ago, scar988 said:

Thoughts on this one?

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/sony-65-class-x85j-series-led-4k-uhd-smart-google-tv/6455578.p?skuId=6455578

I'm getting like a $5,000 bonus next month based on my performance this month and I'm hoping to upgrade the 55" 1080p 4 year old TV that's in my living room with it.

So, 100% my "alternate" choice was the x90j version of this. It was when I was going to get a 75". Dropping down to 65" I went with the Samsung I mentioned. But I did a decent amount of research on this. It seems to be worth it to go to the X90J model. Spend the extra $100.

• Like 1

Make sure any new TV you buy supports the new HDMI 2.1 standard so you can get 4k@120. Dealbreaker for a PS5 TV. 

I definitely prefer OLED instead of QLED (which is just a tweaked LCD), and especially for gaming because of the much faster refresh rate and much better black levels and contrast. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Heimdallr said:

Make sure any new TV you buy supports the new HDMI 2.1 standard so you can get 4k@120. Dealbreaker for a PS5 TV. 

I definitely prefer OLED instead of QLED (which is just a tweaked LCD), and especially for gaming because of the much faster refresh rate and much better black levels and contrast. 

Agreed on the dealbreaker part. The QLED I got is 2.1/120 Hz so that helps. I am 100% scared of burn out which is why I didn't get OLED.