Playstation 5

showtime

On 1/21/2020 at 6:06 PM, BayRaider said:

Never got a console at release, debating getting the PS5. 

PS1, 6 months later. 

PS2, 2 years later. 

PS3, 2 years later.

PS4, 1 year later. 

I may wait one year, we’ll see. Usually the game selection the first year is poor and opening day consoles end up having hardware bugs. 

Same.  Well, I did get the PS4 pro when it was fairly new, but the PS4 had been out for a few years.

Im not as big of a gamer as I used to be,  and I have a long backlog of games I want to play, but depending on the launch lineup, I might get it at launch, or very soon after....but chances are that I will wait a year or so.

I just need them to hurry up and show the specs! I'm getting ancy because I would love to know what the GPU will be. A 2060 Super? 2070 Super? I know some people think the XSX will have an equivalent to the 2080 in their system. I'm still thinking there is no way in hell that happens, lmao.

2 hours ago, RavensfanRD said:

I just need them to hurry up and show the specs! I'm getting ancy because I would love to know what the GPU will be. A 2060 Super? 2070 Super? I know some people think the XSX will have an equivalent to the 2080 in their system. I'm still thinking there is no way in hell that happens, lmao.

Well technically it definitely won't be any of those as both Microsoft and Sony use AMD in their consoles and not Nvidia but I get what you mean and I highly doubt they'll be comparable to a top of the like PC gpu... But they don't necessarily have to be either, consoles have much better optimization than PCs so a weaker card can perform much better than it would in a PC.

7 hours ago, rob_shadows said:

Well technically it definitely won't be any of those as both Microsoft and Sony use AMD in their consoles and not Nvidia but I get what you mean and I highly doubt they'll be comparable to a top of the like PC gpu... But they don't necessarily have to be either, consoles have much better optimization than PCs so a weaker card can perform much better than it would in a PC.

Yeah, was more so saying the equivalent. The net says up there with a 5700XT which would be the median of the 2060 Super and 2070 Super. AMD rocking it out this year. I need them to hurry up as well with the specs on the 4000 desktop chips later this year.

• 1 month later...
5 minutes ago, MikeT14 said:

That makes sense tbh. PS4 didn't have any right?

Yeah, but it's extremely disappointing if that's the case.

Xbox One has backwards compatibility with original Xbox games from like 2001, and Xbox 360 games.  Xbox has had this FOR YEARS.  Why can't Sony do the same for a next gen console?