Playstation 5

showtime

29 minutes ago, Heimdallr said:

Pretty much as expected. I just hope the base SSD is 1TB, minimum.

Now I just want to hear about PSVR 2....

I'll admit I don't know much about storage, but they mentioned in the article that games right now have artificially high storage because they have to duplicate things to make it faster, otherwise it would take forever for things to load. They used an example of Spiderman having something duplicated 400 times. 

If I understand correctly, this means that games should take up less space, correct? 

I still hope that 1TB is the starting amount for the console, especially considering that PS4 games are backwards compatible by downloading them. 

Either way, I just want this console to come out sooner than Holiday 2020 :( 

1 hour ago, kingseanjohn said:
2 hours ago, JBURGE said:

Either way, I just want this console to come out sooner than Holiday 2020 :( 

They have to give people time to save up for it.

What's our launch price estimate? I know there were rumours of it being really expensive, and then more of them trying to lower costs.... I will guess $500-$550 USD. 

27 minutes ago, JBURGE said:

What's our launch price estimate? I know there were rumours of it being really expensive, and then more of them trying to lower costs.... I will guess $500-$550 USD. 

My initial guess is $500-$600. But I also wouldn’t be surprised if it’s bundled with a game to semi offset the price. 

4 hours ago, FourThreeMafia said:

Sure.

The graphics and microtransactions will improve alot.

The rest of the game will still be stuck in the PS2 era.

Actually the ps2 era would be a step up imo.

It will likely be different... They usually significantly overhaul the game for new console generations... Whether or not it will be better is anyone's guess... The change from the 360/PS3 generation to the current generation wasn't an improvement imo but who knows.

Edited by rob_shadows
  • Like 2

11 hours ago, FourThreeMafia said:

The rest of the game will still be stuck in the PS2 era.

That would be incredible. The new game is trash with 0 reason to play offline. PS2 was a blast doing Franchise mode being able to control the entire organization. Not being one of the 3. Also being able to relocate and or start an expansion team on (02) I think. 

• Like 3

Is anyone else just not excited for a new console generation? 

I kind of feel like graphics are "good enough" right now. Most people don't even have 4K TV's to take advantage of all of it. There's obviously a gap between something like Witcher 3 and Skyrim, but it's not the massive leap that we used to see. 

Games seem to mostly play the same way that they did 10 years ago too. I've honestly had more fun with games like Zelda and Mario Odyssey, which are using last generation tech, than I have been with most of the newer ones. 

Either way, I'm not seeing anything that makes me feel like I need to spend $500 on a new console. 

Edited by Lions017

1 hour ago, ttitansfan4life said:

So any real reason to upgrade to the PS5 besides to say “I have a PS5”?

Not immediately but when they stop making games for PS4 then yes. Plus it is supposed to be fully backwards compatible. I'm guess or hoping Frame rates won't be locked at 30 fps as well. But no intial reason 

29 minutes ago, MdTitansFan56 said:

Not immediately but when they stop making games for PS4 then yes. Plus it is supposed to be fully backwards compatible. I'm guess or hoping Frame rates won't be locked at 30 fps as well. But no intial reason 

Backwards compatible for all PS generations or just PS4 games? Seems kind of pointless if that’s the case.

2 hours ago, Lions017 said:

Is anyone else just not excited for a new console generation? 

I kind of feel like graphics are "good enough" right now. Most people don't even have 4K TV's to take advantage of all of it. There's obviously a gap between something like Witcher 3 and Skyrim, but it's not the massive leap that we used to see. 

Games seem to mostly play the same way that they did 10 years ago too. I've honestly had more fun with games like Zelda and Mario Odyssey, which are using last generation tech, than I have been with most of the newer ones. 

Either way, I'm not seeing anything that makes me feel like I need to spend $500 on a new console. 

I feel like the bolded part isn't true anymore, the vast majority of people I know have upgraded to 4k.

43 minutes ago, rob_shadows said:

I feel like the bolded part isn't true anymore, the vast majority of people I know have upgraded to 4k.

Statistically it's absolutely true - somewhere around a third of all homes have a 4K TV according the numbers that I've been able to find.