Playstation 5

showtime

44 minutes ago, titansNvolsR#1 said:

Wonder if they'll try to get God of War 2 and Spider-Man 2 out for the launch or soon after? Will FF7 be out by then?

FF7 ep1 comes out in March.  

I cant see those 2 being ready by launch, but who knows.

Madden, NBA2K and WWE2K are safe bets as launch titles, but they will basically just be graphically upgraded ports of the PS4 versions.

There is reportedly a new Batman game and a new Rocksteady game coming, and they could be launch titles.

GTA6 is very possible as well, but I dont think so.  Maybe a year later.

4 hours ago, Lions017 said:

Statistically it's absolutely true - somewhere around a third of all homes have a 4K TV according the numbers that I've been able to find. 

I don't have any stats backing this up or anything but I'd be more than willing to bet that gamers tend to be in the demographic that cares more about having a 4k tv than the average person.

I'm curious to see what they mean by "ray tracing support".

Today, if you spent like $2000 on a PC, you can play a game from 1997 with ray tracing support at a whopping 30-40 FPS. Can't imagine the slideshow you'd have to sit through if ray tracing was put on a modern game.

Edited by Mossburg

12 hours ago, rob_shadows said:

I don't have any stats backing this up or anything but I'd be more than willing to bet that gamers tend to be in the demographic that cares more about having a 4k tv than the average person.

I've been delaying getting a new TV since no one is broadcasting or streaming in 4k. But PS5 may make me upgrade.

• Like 1

On 10/8/2019 at 10:27 PM, FourThreeMafia said:

Sure.

The graphics and microtransactions will improve alot.

The rest of the game will still be stuck in the PS2 era.

Mostly just the graphics. 

On 10/8/2019 at 10:29 PM, FourThreeMafia said:

Interested to find out what the launch lineup will be.

2020 lineup is pretty good with FF7R and LOUS2 and whatever else they announce for late 2020/2021. Probably that suckerpuncher ghosts of whatever samurai game.

On 10/9/2019 at 7:08 PM, ttitansfan4life said:

Backwards compatible for all PS generations or just PS4 games? Seems kind of pointless if that’s the case.

PS4 only as of now, PS2/PS1 emulation is more or less a lock given the power gap should allow for good emulation though Sony's attempt to capitalize on PS1 games flopped hard so.

On 10/9/2019 at 9:58 PM, FourThreeMafia said:

FF7 ep1 comes out in March.  

I cant see those 2 being ready by launch, but who knows.

Madden, NBA2K and WWE2K are safe bets as launch titles, but they will basically just be graphically upgraded ports of the PS4 versions.

There is reportedly a new Batman game and a new Rocksteady game coming, and they could be launch titles.

GTA6 is very possible as well, but I dont think so.  Maybe a year later.

WB rarely does exclusives for a console anymore so that's unlikely, likely to be next gen titles though. 

GTA6 is a long way off, I'm not even sure they're developing it as they look to move on to other titles while GTA online rakes in the cash.

On 10/10/2019 at 9:59 AM, Mossburg said:

I'm curious to see what they mean by "ray tracing support".

Today, if you spent like $2000 on a PC, you can play a game from 1997 with ray tracing support at a whopping 30-40 FPS. Can't imagine the slideshow you'd have to sit through if ray tracing was put on a modern game.

Like how the console "supports" 8k. Meaning theoretically they can support it hardware wise but it's not really a thing until the software gets there, kinda like how HD on the PS2 wasn't a thing until it was. 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 10/10/2019 at 11:08 AM, kingseanjohn said:

I've been delaying getting a new TV since no one is broadcasting or streaming in 4k. But PS5 may make me upgrade.

Do not buy a new TV that doesn't have HDMI 2.1 if you want a PS5. Only HDMI 2.1 can handle 4K@120. 

Right now the 2019 LG OLED TVs and some 8k TVs are the only ones that have HDMI 2.1.

2 hours ago, Heimdallr said:

Do not buy a new TV that doesn't have HDMI 2.1 if you want a PS5. Only HDMI 2.1 can handle 4K@120. 

Right now the 2019 LG OLED TVs and some 8k TVs are the only ones that have HDMI 2.1.

wow. I don't really care about graphics tbh

3 hours ago, Heimdallr said:

I'm just glad they are finally focusing on framerate with the PS5. 

The change from 60 fps to 120 fps so much more noticeable than 1080 to 4k. 

25 minutes ago, showtime said:

Do you have a report where it's confirmed games are going to be 120 FPS?

people hoping for 120 fps are out of their minds especially if 4k/8k is going to be the push for this gen. 

Most decent PCs don't hit that in modern games let alone somewhat decent consoles. 

Expect 60 FPS in more games but only expect 120 FPS in older/indie games if that becomes an option, as of right now most TVs don't even support that. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, SwoleXmad said:

people hoping for 120 fps are out of their minds especially if 4k/8k is going to be the push for this gen. 

Most decent PCs don't hit that in modern games let alone somewhat decent consoles. 

Expect 60 FPS in more games but only expect 120 FPS in older/indie games if that becomes an option, as of right now most TVs don't even support that. 

I don't really think 120 FPS is that difficult to hit for a decent/good computer in a lot of games today if it's in 720p or 1080p.  I'm also hoping these new consoles can do 120 FPS, but I'm not counting on it.  I highly doubt they'll be able to do a steady 120 FPS at 4K.