2019 Oakland Raider Schedule

RaidersAreOne

The theme for the first half of the season should be just survive. If you can somehow be .500 or a game or two under you can deal with that. 

Schedule makers totally screwed up the Raiders in so many ways. The last home game in Oakland is against the Jags that right there is a so bad.  

Everyone is down on the schedule for good reason but there is also reason to think positively. Having our road games grouped like they are gives us a chance to cut down on the crazy miles we travel if we stay over on the opposite coasts on those trips. I wouldn't be surprised if Gruden lobby for that. That early stretch still sucks tho.

Having our 2 prime time games at home is nice but it increases the chances that our away games are going to be 10 am starts which decreases the odds for west coast teams substantially.  Add in that we lose one home game to London which ends up being a 10 am start which makes it even worse.  If we could switch the away game with KC (still played on MNF) for the week 1 game, play the away Jets game in London, and have the GB Minni or Indy game be the Thursday game I would like our chances to do some damage but the opposite happened.  The schedule makers gave us zero breaks and stacked the deck against us.  Add in a young team with a lot of turnover going that long without a home game early in the season is a recipe for disaster.  Looks like they will give us every advantage to make our first season in Vegas go as smoothly as possible.  Stuff like this is why I believe the league definitely plays a role in getting the playoff and Super Bowl match-ups they want.  At least it is not as obvious as the league interference in basketball.