Who is better, Brees vs Favre

patriotsheatyan

Who is better, Brees vs Favre  

73 members have voted

1. 1. Who is better, Brees vs Favre

• Favre
    • Brees
    • Favre now but eventually Brees

Brees has passed for over 5,000 yards like 5 times, he has averaged over 36 touchdowns a season for the last 9 years.  I don't think Favre could have kept up stats wise even if he did play in today's NFL.  Brees is probably one of the most underrated players in NFL history and it is due to his horrible defense.  The Saint's defense has been 20th or worse 6 of the last 9 seasons and in the top 10 only 2 times in the last 9 seasons.  When he does have a good defense they're in the playoffs.  Even when his defense ranked 20th they went 13-3 (2009, won the SB).  The Saint's just need to focus on defense in the draft and FA. I don't even know why they draft offense, D. Brees takes 7th round picks to the pro bowl (M. Colston).  

According to John Maxymuks 2009 Quarterback Abstract, by computerizing the data for hundreds of league QBs and normalizing the stats:

1 Otto Graham

2 Staubach

3 Montana

4 Luckman

5 Steve Young

6 T Brady

7 B Starr

8 Bradshaw

9  Unitas

10 Dawson

11 Elway

12 P Manning

13 B Griese

14 Van Brocklin

15 Waterfield

16 B Favre

17 Tarkenton

18 Layne

19 Stabler

20 J Kelly

21 Baugh

22 K Anderson

23 Aikman

24 Marino

25 Namath

26 Tittle

27 Fouts

28 Jurgensen

29 Conerly

30 Moon

1 hour ago, Buddyboy said:

According to John Maxymuks 2009 Quarterback Abstract, by computerizing the data for hundreds of league QBs and normalizing the stats:

1 Otto Graham

2 Staubach

3 Montana

4 Luckman

5 Steve Young

6 T Brady

7 B Starr

8 Bradshaw

9  Unitas

10 Dawson

11 Elway

12 P Manning

13 B Griese

14 Van Brocklin

15 Waterfield

16 B Favre

17 Tarkenton

18 Layne

19 Stabler

20 J Kelly

21 Baugh

22 K Anderson

23 Aikman

24 Marino

25 Namath

26 Tittle

27 Fouts

28 Jurgensen

29 Conerly

30 Moon

Not sure what the relevance is here, or what you're trying to prove by posting this article? If you're posting it to show that Favre is on it, but Brees isn't than that would be incredibly flawed as you even state it was posted in 2009. Brees has had several elite 5,000+ yards seasons with ridiculous completions percentages since 2009. Regardless to answer the question as to who I think is better. I'll take Brees every time on this one. 

Always tough to compare a guy who's career is over against a guy who is still playing, but I am going to go with Drew Brees.  Unfortunately for Brees he has been in the shadow of Peyton Manning and Tom Brady pretty much his entire career (also Aaron Rodgers), so he somewhat gets under-appreciated at times.  Brees is insanely accurate with the football and has exceptionally high football IQ.

Good point. In that 2009 book, the author ranks QBs from 1-10. He had Favre at 10 and Brees at 9. DB move to the Saints made his career. Had BF spent 15 years with the Vikings or Jets, not sure where he would rank.

1 hour ago, tyler735 said:

Not sure what the relevance is here, or what you're trying to prove by posting this article? If you're posting it to show that Favre is on it, but Brees isn't than that would be incredibly flawed as you even state it was posted in 2009. Brees has had several elite 5,000+ yards seasons with ridiculous completions percentages since 2009. Regardless to answer the question as to who I think is better. I'll take Brees every time on this one. 

Archived