TheKillerNacho

Alterraun Verner signs 1-day contract to retire with Titans

https://titanswire.usatoday.com/2019/04/16/former-titans-cb-alterraun-verner-to-sign-one-day-contract-to-retire-with-team/

A fourth-round pick by Tennessee in 2010, Verner was able to turn a couple of Pro-Bowl caliber seasons during his rookie deal into a big contract from the Bucs, but he struggled to live up to his salary in Tampa. After one season with the Dolphins, Verner spent 2018 out of the league. He retires with 15 career interceptions in 125 games.

4 minutes ago, LeotheLion said:

Is this a joke? Did he even play 5 years with Tennessee?

Nope 4. But we're the franchise that drafted him and where he made a name for himself to go along with a pro bowl nod.

Am I really that old that I thought he was drafted 4-5 years ago, NOT 2010?!?  Time to start drinking.

Glad he chose to retire as a Titan. Now the question is, will he make the Hall of Fame?

If he does, it certainly seems like he'd want to go in as a Titan.

why do people seem to be upset about this. Nashville is an awesome city, he obviously enjoyed his time there... congrats to him and hopefully he finds success in his next life. 

PS. That would be fairly close to the proper, non hater, non internet troll response. 

I was kinda hoping he’d sign a 1-day deal with Minnesota to retire a Viking.

Posted (edited)

I completely forgot about him. Only four years in Tennessee, with a Pro Bowl nod. Surprised this was news, even during a slow period. Will his jersey be retired too? :)

Edited by PapaShogun

3 hours ago, GSUeagles14 said:

why do people seem to be upset about this. Nashville is an awesome city, he obviously enjoyed his time there... congrats to him and hopefully he finds success in his next life

PS. That would be fairly close to the proper, non hater, non internet troll response. 

He didn't die, he gets to continue his current life.

P.S. that is a bit of an internet troll response.

7 hours ago, GSUeagles14 said:

why do people seem to be upset about this. Nashville is an awesome city, he obviously enjoyed his time there... congrats to him and hopefully he finds success in his next life

Well except for you wishing upon his death.   :S 

Maybe he'll reincarnate as pond scum or perhaps a sea turtle?!?  

A guitar string would be nice in Nashville. Lots of attention and played with a lot. Wait sentient being??? Maybe a Vegans pet snake?

Oh I shouldn't work awake overnights....

he was a damn fine corner for us for a few years. i gather he wasn't really the same player in tampa or miami, which is a shame.

One of my favorite Bruins ever. I thought he was really slept on as a prospect and he carved out a nice career. Really smart guy who will be fine without football.