2019 Schedule

NcFinest9erFan

48 minutes ago, NcFinest9erFan said:

sounds like we start off the first weeks on the road before coming home....

This should not be news to anyone. 

I've stated this repeatedly on this website. Its too damn hot at Levis in August/September/early October. All of the fans are on one side of the stadium and that side of the stadium is in the sun with very little wind. Santa Clara and the south bay in general gets very hot during that time of the year. Its borderline unbearable for most people. 

I know you out of towners on this site are like 'California people shouldn't complain about the weather' but if you went to a game you would see what I am talking about. The sun is brutal. Someone literally died in my section from heat exhaustion in the preseason year 1 

We are going to have a lot of road games early in the season for the foreseeable future. Its something that our team has specifically requested in part to quell some of the complaints lodged by fans

Go back and look at our schedule since Levi's opened... its been like this every year with the exception of the first year in the stadium because the team didn't know how big of a problem it was going to be

The most infuriating thing about it is that all they had to do was flip the stadium and put the luxury boxes on the other side, they could have had awnings on that side and all of those people have air conditioning anyways. 

Meanwhile, in LA, they have a translucent dome that lets in natural light, fresh air, but blocks UV rays.... same with Vegas. Levi's is easily the worst of the 'new' NFL stadiums out there. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, N4L said:

This should not be news to anyone. 

I've stated this repeatedly on this website. Its too damn hot at Levis in August/September/early October. All of the fans are on one side of the stadium and that side of the stadium is in the sun with very little wind. Santa Clara and the south bay in general gets very hot during that time of the year. Its borderline unbearable for most people. 

I know you out of towners on this site are like 'California people shouldn't complain about the weather' but if you went to a game you would see what I am talking about. The sun is brutal. Someone literally died in my section from heat exhaustion in the preseason year 1 

We are going to have a lot of road games early in the season for the foreseeable future. Its something that our team has specifically requested in part to quell some of the complaints lodged by fans

Go back and look at our schedule since Levi's opened... its been like this every year with the exception of the first year in the stadium because the team didn't know how big of a problem it was going to be

The most infuriating thing about it is that all they had to do was flip the stadium and put the luxury boxes on the other side, they could have had awnings on that side and all of those people have air conditioning anyways. 

Meanwhile, in LA, they have a translucent dome that lets in natural light, fresh air, but blocks UV rays.... same with Vegas. Levi's is easily the worst of the 'new' NFL stadiums out there. 

A Floridian wouldn't have died. Californians just can't handle a little sizzle. 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, PapaShogun said:

A Floridian wouldn't have died. Californians just can't handle a little sizzle. 

Not it make light of anyone's death....that's definitely a tragic situation. But ain't no heat like Southern heat. There's heat and then there's heat and humidity. I was in AZ and it was literally above 100 the whole time I was there and it so much more bareable than 92 in the south with the hudimity above 90. Not even close. 

But I've said before, they need to fix that heat situation@Levis. Either tint the glass some kind of way or build some kind of awning above the section opposite the suites. That's a serious design flaw that should have been caught before construction even began. 

Edited by 757-NINER
  • Like 2

20 minutes ago, 757-NINER said:

But I've said before, they need to fix that heat situation@Levis. Either tint the glass some kind of way or build some kind of awning above the section opposite the suites. That's a serious design flaw that should have been caught before construction even began. 

I said the same thing, but unfortunately because of how close this stadium is to San Jose Airport, the FAA will not allow them to go up an higher than they already are. We are stuck with it as is.

Further evidence that Jed York is incompetent. 

• Like 1

Wow, some interesting things jump out at me. 

First of all, I absolutely hate that bye week. That is the absolute worst time to have a bye imo. 

Then we have a lot of tough games to finish the year. GB @bal @no vsATL vsLAR and @SEA is absolutely brutal to finish the year. We had better hope we have like 6 wins going into that stretch or its going to be an uphill battle to the playoffs. 

Lets hope that we get flexed into SNF in week 16 or 17 because that would mean we have a punchers chance

If we make the playoffs this year, it will be because we earned it. 

LETS HOPE WE HAVE A WINNING SEASON

Edited by N4L
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, PapaShogun said:

The heat issue is pretty bad, but nothing realistically can be done. A dome can't even be built from what I remember hearing. Personally, I wouldn't want that even if it was possible. 

Wish we stayed in Candlestick. 

Stayed in San Francisco? Yes. Stayed In Candlestick? Hell to the naw. As nostalgic of a place that it was, it was time to move on from that site.

Edited by 757-NINER
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Back to back weeks on the road against Baltimore and NO is brutal. Overall not bad, just wish our bye week was a bit later in the season. 

Agreed. Hate having our bye week the first month of the season. Totally useless that time of the year but whatever...

Having a west coast team travel to the east on back to back weeks and vice versa should not happen. I just think that's a huge advantage for the home team on that second week. They should really do something to fix that..having our bye between NO and Baltimore definitely would have alleviated that instead of having it week 4

Edited by 757-NINER

1 hour ago, 757-NINER said:

Having a west coast team travel to the east on back to back weeks and vice versa should not happen. I just think that's a huge advantage for the home team on that second week. They should really do something to fix that..having our bye between NO and Baltimore definitely would have alleviated that instead of having it week 4

They should just fly to new Orleans straight from Baltimore or stay somewhere else on the east coast. I used to love that when harbaugh used to do it 

• Like 2