A "Fant-astic" Mock

Karnage84

2 hours ago, Nastradamus said:

WIggins is 3rd on the depth chart if not 4th at RG. Oday, Crosby and possibly Dahl now in front of him IMO. 

Either way, upgrade RG.  I don’t like any of the options we have there so want to draft one, but hopefully in the 2-4th rounds. 

10 hours ago, Sllim Pickens said:

Either way, upgrade RG.  I don’t like any of the options we have there so want to draft one, but hopefully in the 2-4th rounds. 

Ah, I like our dudes enough to roll with them. If a guy lands in our range and is great value and they want to upgrade, I'm fine with it, but its far from a need to me. Our guards are better than Melvin. 

8 minutes ago, Nastradamus said:

Ah, I like our dudes enough to roll with them. If a guy lands in our range and is great value and they want to upgrade, I'm fine with it, but its far from a need to me. Our guards are better than Melvin

I disagree with the bold.  Melvin at least started last year for an NFL team.  He isn't elite but he is decent.  The guards we have are a bunch of backups hoping to luck into a starting role.   Melvin is equivalent or better than Lawson IMO.  And last year our CB group was better than the right side of our line. 

18 minutes ago, Nastradamus said:

Ah, I like our dudes enough to roll with them. If a guy lands in our range and is great value and they want to upgrade, I'm fine with it, but its far from a need to me. Our guards are better than Melvin. 

8 minutes ago, Sllim Pickens said:

I disagree with the bold.  Melvin at least started last year for an NFL team.  He isn't elite but he is decent.  The guards we have are a bunch of backups hoping to luck into a starting role.   Melvin is equivalent or better than Lawson IMO.  And last year our CB group was better than the right side of our line. 

I disagree on both parts. I think we do need to add a CB2 but you're not relying on this guy to start. Melvin or another vet will be starting. Whomever we draft is going to be given the time to develop. Hopefully they'll be ready by the end of the season to take over. It's a huge learning curve coming in.

We need a starting RG. None of the guys on the roster will do IMO. They're depth players and will play their part. Without a doubt, we need a guy who can step in and seal up that spot. Stafford has taken enough hits over the years, we can't continue to let him get knocked around. This defense has the chance to be top 5 - top 10. The offense has to play its part.

5 hours ago, Karnage84 said:

I disagree on both parts. I think we do need to add a CB2 but you're not relying on this guy to start. Melvin or another vet will be starting. Whomever we draft is going to be given the time to develop. Hopefully they'll be ready by the end of the season to take over. It's a huge learning curve coming in.

We need a starting RG. None of the guys on the roster will do IMO. They're depth players and will play their part. Without a doubt, we need a guy who can step in and seal up that spot. Stafford has taken enough hits over the years, we can't continue to let him get knocked around. This defense has the chance to be top 5 - top 10. The offense has to play its part.

Classic tallest midget contest. We need an upgrade at both spots.

31 minutes ago, Nnivolcm said:

Classic tallest midget contest. We need an upgrade at both spots.

Well, one of those midgets is just a shorter regular person IMO.  We definitely can upgrade CB, but it doesn't have to be done IMO.  RG is a true hole that needs to be filled.

25 minutes ago, Sllim Pickens said:

Well, one of those midgets is just a shorter regular person IMO.  We definitely can upgrade CB, but it doesn't have to be done IMO.  RG is a true hole that needs to be filled.

My expectation is that we'll be drafting both of these positions in the 2nd and/or 3rd round. Depending on what happens with a trade down, we could have multiple picks in either round. I don't expect for us to address this in round 1.

1 hour ago, Sllim Pickens said:

Yeah I'm piggy backing this. RG is just a glaring hole with no real answers and different solutions by many. If we wanna run or pass block a upgrade is needed at RG. 

The way the game is called for CB's I really don't see value( or a ton ) in drafting a high CB to essentailly play half the snaps outside on defense vs a RG that's going to start full time. If there is literally one thing I think we can hang bob Quinns hat on is... getting good/serviceable Olinemen through the draft. 

Coleman has played inside and outside, he's not really just an exclusive slot(though he was mostly in Seattle, basically) but Patriots used him everywhere.(Under Patricia) There's already two veterans for spot duty on the outside lined up with Melvin/Cooper.

We Could see a backfield with Coleman/Walker/Wilson/Adams and one of Cooper/Melvin moving in and out quite a bit with only Slay/Diggs being legitimate 3 down DB's. Whether you toss a rookie in or not isn't a difference maker to me unless he's a bonified starting CB in this league, which, likely isn't the case with a 2nd, 3rd round guy. I don't see based of projections or personal judgement that guy being there in the 2nd round for us.

We can legitimately find a starting RG in the 2nd round and expect him to be a solid/good starter vs trying to do the same with a 2nd round CB, imo. Cody Ford, Chris Lindstrom, Dalton Risner... Those are guys I think we have a shot at that... Slip on like a glove, fit in the fold, plug and play players with real shots of doing really well for us and upgrading the offense/team performance. 

I rather work on a DB player for a year in the 3rd round or later like Sean Bunting from CMU or something. A guy with skill, just maybe not sharp with film study, professionalism, etc. Round those edges for awhile and give him a chance mid season this year or next year. 

* Now about the mock, Man... Not much I like honestly fella, Boykins/Hill are literally it. Don't want to trade down, not at all for a TE. Ever. But then the player, it just totally lost me and as I went down the mock I got more and more lost. You've done much better work than this.

Archived