Patriots are signing longtime Broncos WR Demaryius Thomas

Deadpulse

Not saying he is going to be terrible but he ruined his Achilles in December, got into serious trouble apparently not too long ago, and on top of it all the dude isn't really known as a tough player. I'll let the toughness complaint slide, but there is reason he is so cheap and remained unsigned.

Best case scenario to me would be that he gets consistently healthier sooner than expected heading into the pre-season, contributes in some way steadily throughout the first three quarters of the season before finally catching on heading into the playoffs where he blossoms.

Worst case scenario is he doesn't recover from the tough circumstances of the last four months and is cut before the regular season starts.

8 minutes ago, Starless said:

If Thomas makes the team, he'll be the 6th player to have caught passes from both Brady and Peyton Manning. If you can name the other 5 without looking, you're a football trivia demigod.

Austin Collie

Wes Welker

Reggie Wayne (regular season only orr?)

3 hours ago, Starless said:

If Thomas makes the team, he'll be the 6th player to have caught passes from both Brady and Peyton Manning. If you can name the other 5 without looking, you're a football trivia demigod.

Well I saw the names listed already.

I'll go with Austin Collie, Dwayne Allen?, David Pollard?, umm oh yeah Denver (thanks @Deadpulse), sooo Wes Welker, Daniel Graham? I don't think Eric Decker and Reggie Wayne count cuz both were cut in the preseason right? I feel like there is a runningback I'm missing. 

6 hours ago, DoleINGout said:

Well I saw the names listed already.

I'll go with Austin Collie, Dwayne Allen?, David Pollard?, umm oh yeah Denver (thanks @Deadpulse), sooo Wes Welker, Daniel Graham? I don't think Eric Decker and Reggie Wayne count cuz both were cut in the preseason right? I feel like there is a runningback I'm missing. 

I looked it up, the missing guys are the scrubiest of scrubs

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Starless said:

Welker and  Collie obviously. Assuming you mean regular/post seasons, so Wayne doesn't count. I can't think of any other WRs, so probably some big blocking TE type spent time on both rosters. So I'll say either Kyle Brady or Jermaine Wiggins, someone like that.

I feel like there's a really unlikely entry on this list, an OL or LB who caught passes on trick plays or goal-line sets. He was mentioned when Collie signed and the list was updated, but the name escapes me. It's a slightly weird name, but I'm blanking on it.

I have no idea about the others, I'm guessing some obscure JAG WR or RB from before my time.

1 hour ago, ChazStandard said:

Welker and  Collie obviously. Assuming you mean regular/post seasons, so Wayne doesn't count. I can't think of any other WRs, so probably some big blocking TE type spent time on both rosters. So I'll say either Kyle Brady or Jermaine Wiggins, someone like that.

I feel like there's a really unlikely entry on this list, an OL or LB who caught passes on trick plays or goal-line sets. He was mentioned when Collie signed and the list was updated, but the name escapes me. It's a slightly weird name, but I'm blanking on it.

I have no idea about the others, I'm guessing some obscure JAG WR or RB from before my time.

🤔oddly specific guesses 😂