Chargers Make Powder Blues Permanent Home Uniform

RaidersAreOne

34 minutes ago, FalconFan13 said:

Not sure what thats supposed to mean but we are far far from ruined and Glanville brought the Gritz Blitz which is one of the best defenses of all time.  That defense under him was legendary and still to this day holds the record for least points scored im pretty sure of.

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/teams/atl/1977.htm

That defense only gave up  9.2  pts per game over a 14 game season. that's impressive

48 minutes ago, Shanedorf said:

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/teams/atl/1977.htm

That defense only gave up  9.2  pts per game over a 14 game season. that's impressive

Yup people don't realize how nasty that Defense really was it's in the running with the 85 bears, 2000 ravens and maybe 1 or 2 more for best ever.  If we had a offense that was even remotely avg we probably win a championship that year.  We finished 7-7 somehow with our defense allowing less than 10 ppg thats just absurd.

What I meant is that Glanville ruined their look.  He was the one that brought in the black helmets.  I've never liked them.  Have the current version logo with the red helmets and stick with that.  I'm even okay with having black jerseys since they had them upon their creation (although I still prefer the red ones that they had for much of my childhood in the 80s), but the black helmets have to go.

I loved their defense with Jessie Tuggle...and I kind of liked the Falcons a bit (except for Bill Fralic, I still absolutely despise him), up until that Dirty Bird nonsense.  I completely lost respect for them after that.     

Edited by swede700
  • Like 1

My personal favorite of the Charger looks was the dark blue jerseys with the dark blue helmet from the early-mid 2000’s. Always thought those were slick as hell. 

Still don’t understand why they felt the need to go back to the white helmet, but the powder blues definitely work better with it. 

On 4/20/2019 at 10:06 PM, PapaShogun said:

No one ever talks about their late 70's/early 80's jerseys, but I personally like them. 

5ec42dd807d1da8971d66965c8471dc5.jpg

Too much like the other NFL team in Los Angeles.

2 hours ago, sp6488 said:

Reminds me of my favorite long-time team fight song:

Los Angeles Super Chargers!
Los Angeles Chargers!
Charge!

The original Los Angeles AFL/AFC team.

Might have to consider going to Oakland Raiders @ LA Chargers in December, can't be a bad seat at that stadium, right?  I'd rather have a nice LA home game (because you know it will be a 50/50 crowd) from Utah than go out to Oakland anymore IMO. 

Edited by UtahUtesFan

On 4/25/2019 at 3:14 AM, UtahUtesFan said:

Might have to consider going to Oakland Raiders @ LA Chargers in December, can't be a bad seat at that stadium, right?  I'd rather have a nice LA home game (because you know it will be a 50/50 crowd) from Utah than go out to Oakland anymore IMO. 

The seats aren’t bad. It’s just so overpriced. Spanos math says if you have less seats then you gouge the fans more.