Kparty15’s Final 2019 Mock Draft, No Trades

Kparty15

Kparty15’s Final 2019 Mock Draft, No Trades

My main targets in the 1st round include Jonah Williams, Andre Dillard, Rashan Gary, or Ed Oliver. If any of them are left on the board at pick #18 then I would stay put and take them, but if all 4 of these players are gone then I would prefer to trade down a few spots.

1.18 (900) OT - Jonah Williams - Alabama - 21 Years Old - 6’4” - 302 lbs

— Alt Pick: OT - Andre Dillard - Washington State - 22 Years Old - 6’5” - 315 lbs

I have Williams and Dillard ranked very closely, but decided to go with Williams here because he has the ability to play more positions on the OL and has more experience playing against top competition, but I would be very happy with either. I know OG is technically the bigger need, but if you need OL help and have a chance to draft a franchise LT then you shouldn’t pass on it because they are very hard to find.

2.50 (400) UT - Jerry Tillery - Notre Dame - 22 Years Old - 6’6” - 295 lbs

— Alt Pick: UT – Dre’mont Jones - The Ohio State - 22 Years Old - 6’3” - 281 lbs

With this pick I’m ultimately deciding to go BPA UT unless a better opportunity presents itself. We know what we have in Shamar Stephen and he’s only a rotational stop gap player for us so UT is still a huge need. Tillery is a little tall for a DT, but he has very good physical traits and should still be able to get after the QB.

3.81 (185) OG/C - Connor McGovern - Penn State - 21 Years Old - 6’5” - 308 lbs

McGovern has starting experience at both OG and C, but I think that he is better at OG. He is a mauler in the run game and he is decent in pass block, but has room to improve. He has the ability to be an average day 1 starter, but he would also do well being given time to develop.

4.120 (54) LB - Blake Cashman - Minnesota - 22 Years Old - 6’1” - 237 lbs

Cashman is a hometown talent that surprised at the combine with his athletic ability. He plays with better instincts than several of the LB’s from bigger names schools. I expect him to go in the round 3-5 range.

6.190 (15) WR - Gary Jennings - West Virginia - Years Old - 6’1” - 214 lbs

I think Jennings might go closer to the 5th round, but I think he would be a steal at this point. He’s a good route runner, is a hands catcher, has good body control, has shown the ability to win jump balls, has enough speed to beat a defense over the top, and has experience as a punt returner.  I think he is actually a better player than fellow West Virginia WR David Sills who is getting more hype and will likely be drafted earlier.

6.209 (7.4) RB - Bryce Love - Stanford - 21 Years Old - 5’9” - 200 lbs

Love is an explosive player who likely would’ve been a 1st or 2nd round pick if he came out last year. This year was statistically down for him as he played through several lingering injuries. Then he tore his ACL in the season finale. He probably doesn’t have the size to be a 3 down back and will need to significantly improve on his pass blocking, but he would be a great fit for a zone team. Since he tore his ACL late in the year he might not be ready by camp, but between Cook, Abdullah, Boone, and Thomas I think we are deep enough that we can afford to give him time to recover.

7.247 (1) S - Evan Worthington - Colorado - 23 Years Old - 6’2” - 212 lbs

Worthington has ideal size to play safety in Zimmer’s defense and has experience playing just about every defensive-back position in college. He comes with some character concerns which will likely drop him in the draft, but he has the potential to develop into a starter in the NFL and could be worth a flyer in the late rounds.

7.250 (1) OG - Terronne Prescod - NC State - 23 Years Old - 6’5” - 334 lbs

This guy is kind of an enigma to me because there is a ton of conflicting information out there about him. He has huge size which would indicate that he is a better fit in a man blocking scheme, but having played at NC State he was able to find success in their zone blocking scheme. According to some reports that I have read some people considered Prescod to be the best OL on NC State even better than His teammate Garrett Bradburry. For some reason Prescod did not receive an invite to the NFL combine. He is a mauler in the run game and has a good anchor in pass protection. Several analysts at CBS actually have him as their top ranked IOL, but then a ton of other sources don’t even know who he is so he might be worth taking a chance on. According to Pro Football Focus Prescod ended this year as their highest ranked OG and the best run blocker in the country!

UDFA OG - Larry Allen III - Harvard - 23 Years Old - 6’4” - 285 lbs

Yes, this is the son of former HoF OL Larry Allen. Allen is undersized and will need to add weight at the next level, but he is well rounded and is good at both pass and run blocking. Allen has enough athleticism to be a good pulling OG. Allen sat out of college football in 2017 for undisclosed reasons, but he was a first team all Ivy League selection in 2016. There have been several Ivy League OL that have found NFL success after falling into the late rounds of the draft and I think that Allen could be the next in that line. I think Allen can at least become a better OL than fellow Harvard grad Nick Easton so he is definitely a name to keep an eye on.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, The Gnat said:

I'd like that Vikings draft. I don't know that Cashman would be there in round four, but we can hope.

Yeah I think it’s possible that he falls to the 4th, but it’s definitely not a guarantee.  NFL.com says he’s expected to go in the 3-5 range so that’s where I got that number from.

2 hours ago, Kparty15 said:

Yeah I think it’s possible that he falls to the 4th, but it’s definitely not a guarantee.  NFL.com says he’s expected to go in the 3-5 range so that’s where I got that number from.

I've also seen where he possibly goes in the 2nd.  

7 minutes ago, swede700 said:

I've also seen where he possibly goes in the 2nd.  

That’s true.  I have seen that as well.  If he isn’t there at that pick then I guess we could go BPA.  There’s also always the possibility that NC State LB Germaine Pratt is there or someone like Mack Wilson who Didn’t have the best combine falls.

Id love Jonah in the 1st and Tillery in the 2nd. I just dont think either will be available at those slots, so id say its somewhat unrealistic. 

I dont understand ignoring the TE & edge positions all together and go with 2 OL in the first 3 rounds. Rudolph & Morgan expire next year, and this is a great TE class. Then Everson & Weatherly could be gone after next season + can never have enough edge rushers.  

1 hour ago, Eric dunn said:

Id love Jonah in the 1st and Tillery in the 2nd. I just dont think either will be available at those slots, so id say its somewhat unrealistic. 

I dont understand ignoring the TE & edge positions all together and go with 2 OL in the first 3 rounds. Rudolph & Morgan expire next year, and this is a great TE class. Then Everson & Weatherly could be gone after next season + can never have enough edge rushers.  

I agree that they both might not be there, but that’s why I put the alternate picks for the first two picks.  I think they both could be there, but if they aren’t then I’d go Dillard and Jones; I think both of those guys will be available.

Our OL starters and depth were awful last year so I think that spending several early picks and bringing in some quality late round picks is necessary to try to avoid having this problem come up again.  The more players you add the better your chances are on hitting on one.  I think you could easily add a DE or TE in UDFA since we have been able to hit on some good undrafted players lately.

I don’t think TE this year is a huge need, next year maybe, but not this year.  I think either Rudolph or Morgan will be back next year.  There are always a ton of talented TE’s floating on the waiver wire after training camp if we want to add one of those guys or we could bring in a free agent if we need to.  I know Rhett Ellison might be cut soon.

I don’t think DE is a huge need either.  Adding one is always nice, but it would be a luxury at this point.  I think Griffen will be back next year and we are incredibly deep at the position already with developmental guys.  Right now we have Danielle Hunter, Everson Griffen, Stephen Weatherly, Tashawn Bower, Ifeadi Odenigbo, Ade Aruna, Hercules Mata’afa, and even Jalyn Holmes is a tweener between DT and DE.  That’s 8 guys who all have a realistic chance of making this roster or filling the practice squad.  I’m not sure many late round picks would be able to beat out those guys, but I guess if we can get an extra pick it may be smart to add one though.  OL, LB, S, and HB are a lot less deep than DE.