Draft Lead-up Question 4: Position Of RAGE

The Gnat

I don't want...  

22 members have voted

1. 1. What Position Don't You Want in Round One?

• QB
    • RB
    • TE
    • WR
    • OT
    • IOL
    • DT
    • EDGE
    • LB
    • CB
    • S
  2. 2. Would you Take the Top Player at the position if they fell?

• Yes
    • No

I went with RB, I really really don't want RB in round one, and I don't know that the RB position is really a position that could be considered dropping, but if they had the top RB available and they had them rated high, I would be annoyed if they took him.

I went with WR. Just doesn't make sense when you have two top 10 WRs on the roster already.

I could see RB as a more valid option than WR at this point given that Cook hasn't exactly lived up to his selection (granted due to injuries) but I see a fairly average talent in Cook. But I know next to nothing of this RB class so it's not likely, I don't see any RBs mocked high to be part of the conversation as a value pick.

Sadly, I'd be more on board with CB over these two spots.

Need a way to pick more than one position.

Of the options listed, these are positions that I wouldn't want with the 18th pick: RB, TE, WR, LB, CB, S

Of those, CB is the only position that I would generally consider with a pick that high but I won't want that position this draft because of value the team could get from the player given the current roster. Roster changes before the pick may change my outlook on first round CB. I don't really expect anything to come of the trade rumors though.

Ideally, the team is able to get a player at one of the premium positions: QB, OT, DE, DT, or IOL.

Given the dire situation the team has left themselves with at IOL, they might be forced to move IOL up higher in that list of premium positions. That makes me sad as I would rather the team have the freedom to take one of the other positions that I consider to be more important. Given the current roster, I would probably be looking at it in this order: QB, OT, IOL, DT, DE with both IOL and DT jumping over DE.

I think they take QB off the board completely. I don't think there is a 1st round talent at QB in this draft. I would be upset if they drafted Haskins, Murray, Lock, or Jones this year because they aren't top 20 players in my eyes. In last year's or next year's draft I would agree with you though.

14 hours ago, TENINCH said:

Great...misread the question

So did I.  I voted for IOL, which is the position I WANT them to draft.  Darn it.

Archived