Season Schedule Set to release today

soflbillsfan

W1: @ NYJ - Winnable but a very tough game out the gate. Loss
W2: @ NYG - Should be a win. Stop Barkley, stop the Giants.
W3: CIN - Home opener against an inferior team, should be a win.
W4: NE - loss
W5: @ TEN - I don't think the Titans are a very good or well coached team. I say win
W6: Bye
W7: MIA - A home game against a bad team coming off our bye week. Big win.
W8: PHI - Really tough to gauge. Eagles could be SB contenders but Wentz health is a ? I'll say loss
W9: WAS - 3 game home stretch ends with a likely weaker Washington team. Win
W10: @CLE - unless OBJ imploded the team from within, this is a loss
W11: @MIA - Should be a win, would be a disappointing loss. 
W12: DEN - Big defensive match up but because were at home I give us the edge.
W13: @ DAL - honestly the highlight of the season I am sure. National game. Hope for a Beasley revenge week. I'll say loss though
W14: BAL - Not the same Ravens team from week 1 last year. I say a crucial AFc win.
W15: @ PIT - McDermott has two big road wins each season (ATL. MIN) Could this be his 3rd? Win
W16: @NE - Unless theyve clinched 1st in the AFC its a loss.
W17: NYJ - Unless both our seasons go down the drain, this game likes has meaning to at least one (more likely both) teams. Bills win at home.

10-6 this season. 

3 hours ago, Trentwannabe said:

W5: @ TEN - I don't think the Titans are a very good or well coached team. I say win
W8: PHI - Really tough to gauge. Eagles could be SB contenders but Wentz health is a ? I'll say loss
W13: @ DAL - honestly the highlight of the season I am sure. National game. Hope for a Beasley revenge week. I'll say loss though
W14: BAL - Not the same Ravens team from week 1 last year. I say a crucial AFc win.
W15: @ PIT - McDermott has two big road wins each season (ATL. MIN) Could this be his 3rd? Win
W17: NYJ - Unless both our seasons go down the drain, this game likes has meaning to at least one (more likely both) teams. Bills win at home.

10-6 this season. 

So, in recent memory, we started out impressive only to string together loss after loss late in the season, missing the playoffs. This schedule looks like it could totally set our fan base up for that level of disappointment. That 2nd half is tough. Truth is, I could see us starting 6-0...and, no, I'm not drunk! I don't respect the Jets' D and we have the rest of the off-season to prep for that game. Lately, NE has started out slow and sloppy, especially on the defensive side of the ball. We beat the Titans last season, with what should prove to have been a lesser offense. Unfortunately, I see us winning only 3 games after that...WAS, MIA, and 1 from either DEN, BAL, or NYJ.

9-7

11 hours ago, Trentwannabe said:

10-6 this season. 

The bold ones are the games i think the bills have a shot at winning this year. With both Pit and Bal losing a lot of talent on both sides of the ball they have fallen a bit and bills can take advantage of them. Browns may have flash but honestly the coach is unknown and I question that still. Teams like the Giants and Bucaneers took a step back when they thought their OC was the answer to their HC problem and it turned out to be a disaster even with talented guys on that side of the ball. Miami is at full rebuild and both games should be winnable. Cincy is a sneaky one, i dont see it being an easy win at all as they still have offensive guys that can get the job done, and with a young offensive coach he could be like mcvay and innovate the offense but we may be lucky as it might not gel completely that early in the season. Washington and Denver were another difficult games to figure out but being at home and unknown situations for Washington at QB and defense, and Denver still has question marks all over I think these should be wins for the bills. Expectations are 9-10 wins if not then Beane/Mcdermott need to be put on the hot seat going in to 2020 season

24 minutes ago, soflbillsfan said:

The bold ones are the games i think the bills have a shot at winning this year. With both Pit and Bal losing a lot of talent on both sides of the ball they have fallen a bit and bills can take advantage of them. Browns may have flash but honestly the coach is unknown and I question that still. Teams like the Giants and Bucaneers took a step back when they thought their OC was the answer to their HC problem and it turned out to be a disaster even with talented guys on that side of the ball. Miami is at full rebuild and both games should be winnable. Cincy is a sneaky one, i dont see it being an easy win at all as they still have offensive guys that can get the job done, and with a young offensive coach he could be like mcvay and innovate the offense but we may be lucky as it might not gel completely that early in the season. Washington and Denver were another difficult games to figure out but being at home and unknown situations for Washington at QB and defense, and Denver still has question marks all over I think these should be wins for the bills. Expectations are 9-10 wins if not then Beane/Mcdermott need to be put on the hot seat going in to 2020 season

The Giants have Saquon/OL and that is basically it. I honestly think they'll end up picking top 5 again next year.

I disagree about Cincy. Mixon is good but the rest of the offense is either aging or injured. Their OL is still disastrous. I agree that 9 to 10 wins is a fair expectation for McDermott and Beane and anything less (baring major injuries) should put them squarely on the hot seat for 2020.

12 minutes ago, Trentwannabe said:

The Giants have Saquon/OL and that is basically it. I honestly think they'll end up picking top 5 again next year.

I disagree about Cincy. Mixon is good but the rest of the offense is either aging or injured. Their OL is still disastrous. I agree that 9 to 10 wins is a fair expectation for McDermott and Beane and anything less (baring major injuries) should put them squarely on the hot seat for 2020.

You can say Giants have an aging qb but the fact is he still threw for over 4,000 yards last year and completed 66%, when was the last time a bills qb has done that? All in all you can not say they have no one on that offense he is still a 2 time superbowl champ, and is more than capable of being good. Between Eli and Saquon that offense is still going to be above average not to mention any weapons they pick up in the draft which they have 2 1st rd picks that can be put in place for starting offensive guys. Bengals still have a stud WR and could be a difference maker. It may have been preseason last year but they smoked the bills starters, so I still do not believe that its an easy win. Both are capable wins dont get me wrong but they are not teams to be sleeping on. The goal is to get to 9-10 wins and wildcard game if they cant do that then its the same old bills and the Gm/HC need to feel the seat warming up. Also I believe it is all going to come down to Josh Allen on how he progresses and not what the other teams have or dont have. 

4 hours ago, Trentwannabe said:

So we will beat NE at home but lose to two of these teams at home in December? You sure you weren't drunk lol.

A typical year has some surprise wins and some losses where an underdog stepped up, usually taking advantage of penalties or turnovers. Late in the year we are more likely to be banged up, as well. And, yes, I know the same holds true for the other teams. I'm dead serious about the Patriots. It's like they have no clue early on the defensive side and now with the shakeup in the coaching staff on that side of the ball, I really do believe we could take the game at home. BB will have them firing on all cylinders again late in the season, because he simply understands how to stick to a plan and teach his players to implement it. Late in the season, DEN and NYJ could be trouble, more so than BAL, but again, every year there are upsets that put teams playoff hopes in jeopardy. I'm just planning on seeing one or two somewhere this season.

32 minutes ago, Yibbyl said:

A typical year has some surprise wins and some losses where an underdog stepped up, usually taking advantage of penalties or turnovers. Late in the year we are more likely to be banged up, as well. And, yes, I know the same holds true for the other teams. I'm dead serious about the Patriots. It's like they have no clue early on the defensive side and now with the shakeup in the coaching staff on that side of the ball, I really do believe we could take the game at home. BB will have them firing on all cylinders again late in the season, because he simply understands how to stick to a plan and teach his players to implement it. Late in the season, DEN and NYJ could be trouble, more so than BAL, but again, every year there are upsets that put teams playoff hopes in jeopardy. I'm just planning on seeing one or two somewhere this season.

I get your point with Patriots especially since Brady no longer has his go to guy in Gronk, Edelman will be available but Josh Gordon and Demaryius Thomas (coming off achilles injury) will likely not be playing so they will rely on ASJ who I think is a meh type TE and probably a rookie wr or te at pick 32. Brady always some how manages to get things done but the offense will definitely start out slower then they usually do because of this and with a questionable defense it is possible to beat them. 

Im not high on Baltimore, I think they took a massive step back on offense by moving on from flacco. They will count big time on the rushing this year and with our LBs (if healthy) should be able to shut the run down. Also they counted heavily on the defense and with all of the moves they made losing a ton of talent and now having to redo it this could be a game they can steal at home. Steelers lost AB and 2 TEs, not to mention some key players on defense. Im not sold on them being an above average team this year so I dont expect that as an easy win for them. We definitely hit the afc north at a good time, because it seems to be a down year for the most part.

Jets are hit or miss as always, if they start off strong and say they beat us and look competitive then I will worry about week 17 however if they come out lame it could be a disastrous season for them. Im talking a fire sale after one year. Keep in mind that GM Mac has been around for 4 years and if he cant put a winning culture together quickly he may be out of a job. Gase, Tannenbaum, Grier, and owner were not on the same page last year and gase felt like he didnt have to prove himself towards the end to discuss what the future holds and that was his demise. Could he have a "cultural issue" for big names like Bell and Adams if things arent going good early on and clash like he did in miami with players? I think its unknown on what the jets are capable of and im not sure gase is ready to handle the pressure because he failed miserably in miami. 

7 hours ago, soflbillsfan said:

You can say Giants have an aging qb but the fact is he still threw for over 4,000 yards last year and completed 66%,

Wow he did all that and they won a whopping 5 games. We had a historically bad offense for months and won more games.

Not to mentioned he just lost 1052 yards and 6 of his 21 TDs. Basically a 3rd. Our number 1 pass defense won't lose sleep over Eli and Sheppard and who else? Ingram? Meh. 

Like I said. Stop Barkley, you stop the Giants.

3 hours ago, Yibbyl said:

I won't believe we can beat the Pats until it actually happens. 

5 minutes ago, Trentwannabe said:

I won't believe we can beat the Pats until it actually happens. 

Fair enough. It has been a while (2016)...TT of all people beat them, but without Brady under center. Before that, Orton beat them in 2014, but Brady only played 1/2 the game. Fitzmagic was the last (only) QB we have had who has defeated the Pats squad when Brady played the whole game and that was in 2011. We've only defeated the Pats when Brady played any portion of the game 3 times...EVER. Geez, it's been a rough couple of decades!

https://www.footballdb.com/teams/nfl/new-england-patriots/teamvsteam?opp=4

12 minutes ago, Yibbyl said:

Fair enough. It has been a while (2016)...TT of all people beat them, but without Brady under center. Before that, Orton beat them in 2014, but Brady only played 1/2 the game. Fitzmagic was the last (only) QB we have had who has defeated the Pats squad when Brady played the whole game and that was in 2011. We've only defeated the Pats when Brady played any portion of the game 3 times...EVER. Geez, it's been a rough couple of decades!

And if memory serves that 2011 game it took 4 interceptions and a last second field goal to get the job done lol

2 hours ago, Yibbyl said:

Nahh Bledsoe in 2003! Lmao...