This Ain't Bucs Talk

bucsfan333

2 minutes ago, bucsfan333 said:

I think the FB was just to take someone out with him. If Julio and Coleman don't both fall down, that play looks a lot different.

I always hate roll outs on key plays like that. It's not like he was getting much pressure all game. And you're cutting the field in half; or in the case of that play, into the right third. It really looked like a sideline route to Julio was the only throw. 

I agree with your point about taking a defender with him.  However, since it is a FB, they are reducing by one who Ryan is going to throw the ball to on that play.  If Hooper is out there, and they go bunch with 3 WRs on the other side, at least you might pull a safety over there to open the middle of the field a little.  With the FB, defense is going to leave him single coveraged and say go ahead and throw it here because everyone knows it isn't going to happen.  Then to top it off rolling Ryan right, my oh my.   Let's compress the defense to the right side even more now with the roll out besides the personnel and alignment.  Just very odd all the way around. However, it is Atlanta, so I do have a slight grin of satisfaction typing this.  B|

Archived