This Ain't Bucs Talk

bucsfan333

• 2 weeks later...
11 minutes ago, REDandPEWTER said:

OR we figured there were enough lockerrom headaches last year they didn’t want another problem child?

Talent >>>>>>>>>>> headaches. Peters is a top CB in the NFL. I'd take him and deal with whatever baggage came with.

2 minutes ago, bucsfan333 said:

Talent >>>>>>>>>>> headaches. Peters is a top CB in the NFL. I'd take him and deal with whatever baggage came with.

2 minutes ago, bucsfan333 said:

And yet the chiefs just gave him away. 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
6 hours ago, ravishingone said:

Ouch, ouch, ouch

Shrewd.

Everyone knew Lebron was gone after last season anyway, so I’m not sure what this achieves other than an attempt to make the Cavs look bad.

If anything, having to sign up for three years should tell you all you need to know about anticipated demand.

How bout the NBA though? The West is way lopsided over the East (only that could happen in a sport where only 5 players start and you can mess with luxury tax). It’s just a joke.

As a Pacers fan I think they will legit challenge in the East but it’s not going to matter in the finals.

22 minutes ago, Lil' Shorty said:

How bout the NBA though? The West is way lopsided over the East (only that could happen in a sport where only 5 players start and you can mess with luxury tax). It’s just a joke.

As a Pacers fan I think they will legit challenge in the East but it’s not going to matter in the finals.

It s ashame the league s salary cap is the problem.  I certainly don't know all the intricacies, but the "Larry Bird rule" allowing teams to circumvent the cap and avoid the luxury tax is a major problem.  Not a hard cap hurts teams like the Pacers.  They have historically drafted very well without tanking and made savvy trades when needed.  The system is set up for them to be merely good, when they run their basketball operations expertly.

15 minutes ago, ravishingone said:

It s ashame the league s salary cap is the problem.  I certainly don't know all the intricacies, but the "Larry Bird rule" allowing teams to circumvent the cap and avoid the luxury tax is a major problem.  Not a hard cap hurts teams like the Pacers.  They have historically drafted very well without tanking and made savvy trades when needed.  The system is set up for them to be merely good, when they run their basketball operations expertly.

Couldn’t have said it better. With all this talk of the NBA needing to re do how the seed the playoffs and get away from conferences, I truly think majority of the problems would be fixed if they had a hard cap like the NFL. The Thunder are some $300M over the cap in luxury tax?! That’s just crazy.

Archived