Clowney trade value?

shep0507

I'm working on a mock draft and I've been hearing rumors of the potenial of the Texans trading Clowney during the draft to move up for a LT, but I'm having trouble deciding on a value for him. My question is, what draft pick would you value Clowney as, ie. 2nd round, 10th pick?

I think the jets might be a partner, now I don't think they would trade the 3rd pick for him but a trade down to 10-12 and would have them  in position to trade back again to 23. 

The jets have the need and the cash to pay him the 5 years 80-90 mill that he will want.  And getting a top of the 2nd pick plus something else in  2020 will help them greatly. 

Say Clowney and two of Fant, Harry, Murphy,  would be solid value from the jets POV

To be really specific, I think his value is a bottom 10 pick in the first round. So some where around the 25th pick in the draft.

I can’t see a team trading a top 10 pick for him. Especially not in this draft. 

The Jets would be a good spot but we don’t have the draft capital unless we trade back. And the 3rd pick is way too much. 

The Colts 26th Pick probably matches up the best. They have the need and the cap space. Even Oakland’s 27th Pick would be a good spot.

If you are looking for a trade up, I could see something like Clowney plus the 23rd for the Bills 9th Pick and the 112th pick in the draft. Not sure how high you are trying to get in draft.  Just throwing out ideas of trades I think make sense.

Edited by SDotNova

The premise of tag and trade is absolutely ludicrous. A team can tag a player against their wishes and then get assets for them when their contract should be up regardless? Hate it.

That said, probably a late 1st or early 2nd due to the nature of his current situation.