Clowney trade value?

shep0507

Probably a late first. Extremely talented player, but he seems to run a bit hot and cold and will be looking for a huge contract. If I were picking in the top ten, I'd rather just take my chances on drafting a player.

1 hour ago, jarren said:

Beasley + 14 + 79  for Clowney + 23 + 54

Really?

This essentially values Clowney at like a 3rd round pick and a late mid - late round pick (and honestly, the late mid to late round pick may be more appealing than Beasley himself)  

1 minute ago, MWil23 said:

NOT taking into account contract, a mid to late first rounder. Taking into account his soon to be payday, and I don't see him valuing more than a high 2nd.

Agreed. I would say late first - second is about right. Exact scenario of Dee Ford, who did nab a second, though it was a future second (so largely downgrade by a round). Clowney is the better overall player (though Ford appears may be the superior overall pass rusher?) 

Just now, patman said:

That would depend on how much you value Beasley right

Not really. I mean, he's not good. His one great year was clearly an outlier. He had 16 sacks but was very weak on actual quarterback pressures that year, meaning he just finished at a higher than typical rate which was likely to regress (and has).  He's also on his fifth year option making 13 million this year. So I'm going to say he doesn't hold much value for pretty much anyone to be honest. 

Definitely worth a 1st round pick. Some of you guys overrate the crap out of picks if you don't think this guy is worth a top 15ish type of pick. I mean definitely is a top 10 pick caliber player but if you want to drop him some due to the contract he will get is fine. But starting with anything but a 1st rounder is laughable. 

Archived