Clowney trade value?

shep0507

3 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Definitely worth a 1st round pick. Some of you guys overrate the crap out of picks if you don't think this guy is worth a top 15ish type of pick. I mean definitely is a top 10 pick caliber player but if you want to drop him some due to the contract he will get is fine. But starting with anything but a 1st rounder is laughable. 

Given the nature of his contract situation, he's not worth a top 20 pick. If I'm Howie, and I can negotiate a reasonable extension with Clowney before finalizing the trade I'd give pick 25.

1 minute ago, Danger said:

Given the nature of his contract situation, he's not worth a top 20 pick. If I'm Howie, and I can negotiate a reasonable extension with Clowney before finalizing the trade I'd give pick 25.

LIS, the play is certainly top 10 worthy but the contract dips the value a bit. I'm not going that far. To me he is still quite easily worth a top 20 pick, more in the top 15 range. 

3 hours ago, N4L said:

Has he signed his tender yet? You cant trade someone who isn't under contract

I'm sure if the right team came calling with a combination of picks and cap space, Clowney would sign the tender to get the trade started.

As far as what I'd want - I'd be satisfied with a 1st round pick and a 3rd or 4th round pick (would need a throwaway pick in the 7th if it's a 4th). If it's 1st in the top 15, I'd be estatic.

7 hours ago, Danger said:

Yep, cap's going up and Howie has made all this space. Don't use it all on a longterm deal. But Clowney is gonna likely be better than any player who would fall there save a Jeffrey Simmons pick. 

I think they are feeling out the Texans and the Seahawks about their available pass rushers. Would be dumb not to.

4 hours ago, Kiltman said:
11 hours ago, Danger said:

Yep, cap's going up and Howie has made all this space. Don't use it all on a longterm deal. But Clowney is gonna likely be better than any player who would fall there save a Jeffrey Simmons pick. 

I think they are feeling out the Texans and the Seahawks about their available pass rushers. Would be dumb not to.

Sorry but with Wentz's  eventual  extension/contract upcoming there's no way Howie can justify 2 players on Defense making 100M. Or anything close to.

Clowney is a pipe dream especially post BG and Malik contracts, which I'm fine with.

With the contract and 1st rd pick, easy pass.

Edited by Nabbs4u

23 minutes ago, Nabbs4u said:

Sorry but with Wentz's  eventual  extension/contract upcoming there's no way Howie can justify 2 players on Defense making 100M. Or anything close to.

Clowney is a pipe dream especially post BG and Malik contracts, which I'm fine with.

contracts that big are a myth, you move money around. Howie does it all the time.

Especially with the huge leaps the salary cap will be doing the next couple of seasons.

they could make Clowney or Frank work fine

39 minutes ago, Nabbs4u said:

Who else on the eagles defense is getting paid 100M? Fletcher Cox cannot be that expensive lol 

12 minutes ago, Kiltman said:

contracts that big are a myth, you move money around. Howie does it all the time.

Especially with the huge leaps the salary cap will be doing the next couple of seasons.

they could make Clowney or Frank work fine

Howie's a Magician when it comes to manipulating the Cap no doubt but that's some David Copperfield on Steroids type Voodoo.

Not happening.

3 minutes ago, N4L said:

Who else on the eagles defense is getting paid 100M? Fletcher Cox cannot be that expensive lol 

2nd at worst 3rd best DT in the NFL signed that two years ago. So yes.

Edited by Nabbs4u

11 hours ago, Kiwibrown said:

I wouldnt trade for him. 

He want a mega deal and I wouldnt want to pay him that much. 

He is 0k as a pass rusher not amazing. 

He has an injury history. 

If he was going to play for 12 million per year I'd give a late first or 2nd and change.

He is an amazing edge player. He is good not great as a pass rusher but overall he is elite.

18 hours ago, Forge said:

Not really. I mean, he's not good. His one great year was clearly an outlier. He had 16 sacks but was very weak on actual quarterback pressures that year, meaning he just finished at a higher than typical rate which was likely to regress (and has).  He's also on his fifth year option making 13 million this year. So I'm going to say he doesn't hold much value for pretty much anyone to be honest. 

Well "not much value" is the value that you place on him. 

On 4/18/2019 at 9:08 AM, patman said:

I think the jets might be a partner, now I don't think they would trade the 3rd pick for him but a trade down to 10-12 and would have them  in position to trade back again to 23. 

The jets have the need and the cash to pay him the 5 years 80-90 mill that he will want.  And getting a top of the 2nd pick plus something else in  2020 will help them greatly. 

Say Clowney and two of Fant, Harry, Murphy,  would be solid value from the jets POV

Also Maccagnan was part of the Texans FO when they drafted Clowney.

15 hours ago, Kiwibrown said:

I wouldnt trade for him. 

He want a mega deal and I wouldnt want to pay him that much. 

He is 0k as a pass rusher not amazing. 

He has an injury history. 

If he was going to play for 12 million per year I'd give a late first or 2nd and change.

I think you are either undervaluing him as a player or don’t appreciate how much of a bargain that would be.  I would happily give up much more than that at 12 mil AAV.