Redskins 2019 Schedule

1 hour ago, Woz said:

They don't usually flex to 4. That's usually reserved for SNF games.

And to be fair, why should Washington get a nationally televised game?

And why the heck would anyone flex what’s sure to be a cellar dweller this year?

The only thing that’s going to keep the Redskins from being in the cellar of the division this year is if Peterson has a repeat performance from last year, our DL dominates opposing OLs and if Landon Collins plays like an All-Pro safety like he did two years ago.

52 minutes ago, Woz said:

Because EB is a fan who has a radio show.

At the same time, those are teams who were not good last year and in theory are at about the same tier of overall talent as Washington.

*scratches head* Who did the Bills, 49ers, Dolphins, Jets, and Lions add that make you think they jumped way higher than they were? Big signings are (more than $5M AAV):

• Bills = Mitch Morse, Cole Beasley, John Brown, Tyler Kroft, Ty Nsekhe
  • Detroit = Trey Flowers, Justin Coleman, Jesse James
  • Miami = Ryan Fitzpatrick
  • NY Jets = C.J. Mosley, Le'Veon Bell, Jamison Crowder
  • San Francisco = Kwon Alexander (Tevin Coleman AAV at $4.25M)

So, I can understand the Jets, but the others?

I suspect a lot of teams didn't expect to beat the Packers last year ... then Aaron Rodgers got hurt.

Umm... well maybe not additions I guess, but I think some of these teams young players will improve for them and they’ll be better.

I think Josh Allen gets better in year two and I love the additions of John Brown and Beasley to their passing game. I think Sam Darnold gets better in year two and as you eluded too, they signed Bell and Crowder. CJ Mosley was the best defensive FA to be signed. The Jets signed arguably the best offensive and defensive free agents in this class.

I’ll concede the Dolphins as a team that we should beat.

San Fran is in the category of a team that had a decent amount of talent last year but was decimated by injuries. They will have Jimmy G back, as you said they signed Tevin Coleman to be their starting RB and they’ll have Jerick McKinnon back as their 3rd down back and change of pace back. They have one of the best TEs in the NFL - and he stays healthy - George Kittle. 

They also added Dee Ford as a dynamic pass rusher.

Their front 7 is just as impressive as ours, arguably more impressive:

RDE: Dee Ford

RDT: DeForest Buckner

LDT: Arik Armstead

LDE: Solomon Thomas

SLB: Fred Warner 

MLB: Kwon Alexander

WLB: Malcom Smith

Oh, and their #1 corner is Richard Sherman, and he’s certainly better than our #1 corner.

Edited by turtle28

26 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

And why the heck would anyone flex what’s sure to be a cellar dweller this year?

The only thing that’s going to keep the Redskins from being in the cellar of the division this year is if Peterson has a repeat performance from last year, our DL dominates opposing OLs and if Landon Collins plays like an All-Pro safety like he did two years ago.

Once again the sarcasm doesn't come thru ! ahaha.. It was 80% facetious .

However, maybe we'll shock the NFL and actually be pretty good .. One never can say for certain .. That's why the play the games . 

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

Well, by the time they can start flexing games (week 11 or 12), it's possible that Washington isn't a cellar dweller and there might be an interesting matchup late in the season.

Highly unlikely, but possible.

• Like 1

Just now, aceinthehouse said:

Last 6 games

Most important part of the schedule.

12 vs DET

13@ CAR

14 @GB

15 vs PHI

16 vs NYG

17 @DAL 

Go into the Bye week with 5 wins or more?

We'll have a fighting chance at the Playoffs.

Getting to that five wins or more before the bye will be trick.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, RSkinGM said:

Once again the sarcasm doesn't come thru ! ahaha.. It was 80% facetious .

However, maybe we'll shock the NFL and actually be pretty good .. One never can say for certain .. That's why the play the games . 

Maybe, lightning sure does strike.

40 minutes ago, aceinthehouse said:

I agree

2 primetime games

Gruden spinning tires in mud, early in season.

As usual, it will come down to health. If our starters stay healthy? We can play with almost anyone.

“Playing with anyone” for most of the game and winning the actual game are two entirely different things. If our top two QBs stay healthy this year, I expect us to be in most games - except the Patriots game - but I don’t expect us to win them.

Last year we won 6 games of the first 9 games of the year mostly bc we won the turnover battle. If Case or Colt are your starters I don’t expect us to win the turnover battle in most games.

I hope I’m wrong about that but that’s what I believe. So, with that being the case, I expect we’ll have double digit losses even if Peterson, Guice and CT combine for 2000 plus yards and 15 plus TDs.

1 hour ago, aceinthehouse said:

Last 6 games

Most important part of the schedule.

12 vs DET

13@ CAR

14 @GB

15 vs PHI

16 vs NYG

17 @DAL 

Go into the Bye week with 5 wins or more?

We'll have a fighting chance at the Playoffs.

I see 3 possible wins there, 4 at best. Most likely, we only win 1 or 2 of those games. This is the least bullish I’ve been on a season since 2011 when Rex & Beck we’re our QBs.

Add 

3 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

“Playing with anyone” for most of the game and winning the actual game are two entirely different things. If our top two QBs stay healthy this year, I expect us to be in most games - except the Patriots game - but I don’t expect us to win them.

Last year we won 6 games of the first 9 games of the year mostly bc we won the turnover battle. If Case or Colt are your starters I don’t expect us to win the turnover battle in most games.

I hope I’m wrong about that but that’s what I believe. So, with that being the case, I expect we’ll have double digit losses even if Peterson, Guice and CT combine for 2000 plus yards and 15 plus TDs.

Add in Landon Collins & R. Foster. 2 potentially All-pros 

Not to mention possibly a Defensively blue Chip prospect in the first Rd.

Add in Josh Rosen potentially

Better WR core with speed & Guice coming back healthy.

This schedule doesn't scare me.

15 minutes ago, aceinthehouse said:

Add 

Add in Landon Collins & R. Foster. 2 potentially All-pros 

Not to mention possibly a Defensively blue Chip prospect in the first Rd.

Add in Josh Rosen potentially

Better WR core with speed & Guice coming back healthy.

This schedule doesn't scare me.

Ruben Foster has All-Pro talent but I believe the last two years he’s only played a total of 16 games bc of injury and suspension. Also, when he did play, most 49ers fans say he didn’t play well. 

I’ll be pleased if he can just be better than Mason Foster. I expect Rueben to be good, but not great. 

I don’t know how you can expect that even if we got Josh Rosen that he’s going to be anything better than average based off of what he’s show so far as a pro, also I wouldn’t expect him to start most of the year over the two vets we have.

What better WR core? We lost our best WR to free agency - Jamison Crowder - it’s possible we draft a WR who is a good player but I don’t think our WR core - even with a good rookie - looks better than last years.

Guice may be healthy but having a major knee injury is a not an easy injury to get over mentally for any player. I expect him to be inconsistent this year. Peterson is a rarity, almost every player who returns from an ACL struggles in their first year back - Dalvin Cook did last year - but in their 2nd year removed from the injury they look like their old self.

I’m glad the schedule doesn’t scare you, frankly it doesn’t scare me either bc I’m not expecting much at all from the season. I’d love for the team to shock me and make a playoff run but in my gut I think we are a cellar dweller and we’ll be drafting a player high in the draft in 2020 and being looking forward to that player changing the fortunes of this franchise like we thought of RG3 in 2012.

Edited by turtle28

Reuben Foster was a star as a rookie. He was 3rd in DROY voting, he was the top ILB on the All-Rookie team, and PFF had him rated as the #4 ILB in all of football.

He had a rough go of it last season, with the injuries and that whole cloud of false allegations and legal issues swirling over him. That shoulder injury apparently really held him back, in terms of taking on blocks and finishing tackles.

The injuries could derail his career. His behavior could derail his career. But if he's healthy and on the field, he's one of the absolute most talented LBs in the game. He can be an All-Pro if things break right. But I do understand the very real concerns that things might break wrong.

Edited by e16bball
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, e16bball said:

Reuben Foster was a star as a rookie. He was 3rd in DROY voting, he was the top ILB on the All-Rookie team, and PFF had him rated as the #4 ILB in all of football.

He had a rough go of it last season, with the injuries and that whole cloud of false allegations and legal issues swirling over him. That shoulder injury apparently really held him back, in terms of taking on blocks and finishing tackles.

The injuries could derail his career. His behavior could derail his career. But if he's healthy and on the field, he's one of the absolute most talented LBs in the game. He can be an All-Pro if things break right. But I do understand the very real concerns that things might break wrong.

Fair enough, good points. Let’s just put him down as a question mark and a “hope everything goes right,” instead of saying he’s “potentially All-Pro” as Ace did.

Edited by turtle28