Official 2019 Vikings Schedule

Vikes_Bolts1228

3 minutes ago, SteelKing728 said:

Really? Week 9 is iffy but I like the bye right in the middle if possible.

You have to remember, they've been going at it since camp in August too. I've never paid too much attention to the timing of the bye, but I always prefer sometime after week 6.

• Like 1

The two times the Vikings have made the playoffs under Mike Zimmer — in 2015 and 2018 — they’ve won the NFC North by beating all three division foes on the road. The three years they’ve missed the playoffs, they’re a combined 1-6-1 on the road against the Bears, Lions and Packers. The fact they have all three of their NFC North road games within the first seven weeks of the season, then, could point their season in one direction or the other before they start their tough stretch of road games in November. The Vikings will again visit Lambeau Field in Week 2, facing a Packers team that will have had 10 days off after opening the NFL’s 100th season on Thursday night against the Bears. Their last two division road trips at least come against teams facing short weeks following Monday night road games; the Bears play in Washington before taking on the Vikings Sept. 29, while the Lions are at Lambeau Field six days before the Vikings head to Detroit on Oct. 20.

http://www.startribune.com/breaking-down-the-vikings-2019-schedule-toughest-games-key-matchups-best-road-trips/508746912/

Here is a ranking of the toughest five games that stand out.

1. Week 9 at Kansas City Chiefs

Patrick Mahomes is a special player and Andy Reid teams are always toying around with new ideas on offense to keep teams off guard. This season should be no different and despite how good we expect the Vikings' defense to be, they have gotten exposed the last few seasons in games against teams with high-flying offensive attacks and teams that can exploit mismatches. Add in the fact that Arrowhead Stadium is arguably the toughest road venue in the league, and it equates to a matchup that seems as if it could be skewed in favor of Kansas City, who was an offsides penalty away from being in the Super Bowl last season.

2. Week 13 at Seattle Seahawks (Monday Night Football)

Next to Arrowhead, going to Seattle might be one of the toughest tasks in the league for a road team to go win in, especially with playoff implications on the line. The Vikings were out there in the same situation last year and put up one of the worst offensive showings of the season and fired their offensive coordinator. The timing is similar and the stakes should be as well, so we will have to wait and see how Kirk Cousins and company respond.

3. Week 15 at Los Angeles Chargers (Sunday Night Football)

For the second year in a row, the Vikings will travel to Los Angeles for a primetime game, though going to play at a soccer stadium that barely holds 30,000 people may not be all that daunting a task. Still, cross-country trips are rough business and it falls in a stretch of games where the Vikings will have to find a way to rack up some wins. This will no doubt be a difficult one.

4. Week 17 vs. Chicago Bears

For the third season in a row, the Bears will come to U.S. Bank Stadium to close out the season. The Vikings needed a win in this spot last year to get into the playoffs and were unable to get the job done and nobody would be surprised if that was again in play here, perhaps even for the entire NFC North. Teams have to take care of home field in playoff situations and the Vikings will have their work cut out for them, even if the Bears do take a step back this season.

5. Week 10 at Dallas Cowboys (Sunday Night Football)

Another matchup among potential playoff contenders in primetime with an opponent that Cousins is familiar with. It is a little too early to call this a potential elimination game, as we do not know how either team will look when this game comes along, but it could very well be a pecking order game. The Cowboys will have one of the better defenses in the league and a run game that keeps offenses on the sideline when things are going well and this should wind up being a low-scoring slugfest.

https://247sports.com/nfl/minnesota-vikings/Article/Minnesota-Vikings-schedule-hardest-games-131322145/

We've all been there.  :D

On another note, in response to the article VD referenced just above, if they view "at Dallas" as the 5th most difficult game, then the Vikings are in pretty good shape...as I don't think the Cowboys are any good.  ¬¬

• Like 4

The league locks in about 50 games before filling in the rest of the 256-game regular-season schedule. Some of those are coveted prime-time matchups, but others are less obvious.

Vikings fans should be fairly pleased with multiple elements of the 2019 schedule, including the avoidance of three consecutive road games, the fact that Minnesota will be home after both of its road Monday Night Football games and that Denver is the only team that will have its bye the week before playing Minnesota.

https://www.vikings.com/news/lunchbreak-inside-the-journey-of-the-creation-of-the-vikings-schedule?sf211310256=1

1 minute ago, Klomp said:

We do have a week 8 mini-bye thanks to the Thursday game, which can allow for a little extra rest despite the later bye.

I love the fact that they get the 10 days off before heading here to Arrowhead.  It gives us a much better chance to come out victorious.  On a different note, I've always loved the contrast in the stands here of splashes of purple mixed in with the red.  It's pretty awesome to see.  

• Like 1

On 4/17/2019 at 8:31 PM, Klomp said:

Feels like a very advantageous schedule. One of the first things I like to look at is when/where are the outdoor games.

September 15 at Green Bay
September 29 at Chicago
October 6 at NY Giants 
November 3 at Kansas City
December 2 at Seattle
December 15 at LA Chargers

That's about as best-case scenario as you can get!

Not if you want experience with it in any potential postseason games. 

I always felt like it's better to get as much experience as you can against things you struggle with.  Best way to learn. 

11 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

Not if you want experience with it in any potential postseason games. 

I always felt like it's better to get as much experience as you can against things you struggle with.  Best way to learn. 

Just get HFA and you don't have to deal with any of it.  

• Like 2

Just now, swede700 said:

Just get HFA and you don't have to deal with any of it.  

I thought you meant home field advantage, but I must have that confused with something else because Kirk Cousins is your quarterback. 

Lololololol.

Sorry, that was definitely a tongue-in-cheek troll, not a serious troll. 

1 hour ago, swede700 said:

While I'm not the biggest fan of Kurt, if they can get him to have an out-of-typical personality season like they did with Favre in '09, who knows what they can accomplish.  

14 minutes ago, TENINCH said:

Great think about Kurt is that if we choose we're only stuck with him for 2 more years.

Great thing about Kurt is that his name is actually Kirk!