Official 2019 Vikings Schedule

Vikes_Bolts1228

15 hours ago, swede700 said:

I didn't auto correct...mine was intentional.  xD  Maybe he can get annoyed enough at it to quit turning the ball over in critical situations.  

Make him earn the name Kirk!!  If there is not a deep run in the playoffs this year, he'll remain Kurt.  If the Vikings miss the playoffs again, I might even demote him to Curt!!  :D

37 minutes ago, Virginia Viking said:

Make him earn the name Kirk!!  If there is not a deep run in the playoffs this year, he'll remain Kurt.  If the Vikings miss the playoffs again, I might even demote him to Curt!!  :D

Curt might be a step up...another of my favorite players as a young 'un was Curt Warner...the original one, not the sissy, bed-wetting QB with the wife who looks like she could be the lead singer of Roxette.  

• 5 months later...

We sit at 2-2 after the 1st quarter of the season. Would've been nice to steal one at Lambeau or Solider but they're always tough places to play and win. We've had 2 convincing victories, 1 comeback attempt fall short, and 1 convincing loss. I'm still not really sure to think of this team, I'm just sick of one unit not showing up or the entire team not being ready to play from the first whistle. Here are our next 4 games.

@NYG - can the Vikings slow down a rookie QB and their former OC? 

PHI - can the Vikings take care of business against an Eagles team that appeared to be struggling until a victory on TNF against the rival Packers?

@DET - A lot can happen between now and this game but the Lions look to be a tough out. This will be a key game, as all division games are.

WAS - Finally a Thursday night game at home. Will the Vikings take care of business against a team they should handle?

What are your thoughts of the 1st quarter of the season? What are you expecting heading into the 2nd quarter of the season? The NFC is tough, let alone the North, and everyone is beating on each other. We're right in the thick of things at 2-2.

Edited by VikeManDan

6 hours ago, VikeManDan said:

What are your thoughts of the 1st quarter of the season? What are you expecting heading into the 2nd quarter of the season? The NFC is tough, let alone the North, and everyone is beating on each other. We're right in the thick of things at 2-2.

what are the next four games for GB, CHI, and DET?

Edited by vike daddy

1 minute ago, vike daddy said:

I was looking at it a little earlier, so I don't recall the specifics but I think several of them play the Chargers and/or the Chiefs, mixed in with the Raiders.  I think they all have 2 at home and 2 away (with one of the Bears' road games being the Raiders game in London).

33 minutes ago, vike daddy said:

GB 3-1 (@DAL, vs. DET (MNF), vs. OAK, @KC (SNF)) Good shot at splitting and going 2-2 IMO. Would put them at 5-3.

CHI 3-1 (vs. OAK (London), BYE, vs. NO, vs. LAC)) Tough games against NO and LAC even though they'll be at home. I think they lose one of NO or LAC, I'd put them at 5-2.

DET 2-1-1 (BYE, @GB (MNF), vs. MIN,  vs. NYG)) Their first games within the division. Winnable game against NYG. I'll put them at 3-3-1, only because they've struggled within the division in recent memory.

our remaining opponents with their DVOA ranking through four weeks (for reference, we're 15th):

@ NYG (22nd)

vs. PHI (6th)

@ DET (10th)

vs. WAS (29th)

@ KC (4th)

@ DAL (3rd)

vs. DEN (27th)

@ SEA (11th)

vs. DET (10th)

@ LAC (19th)

vs. GB (9th)

vs. CHI (8th)

so eight of our remaining twelve games are against top-11 opponents and we play two road games against top-5 teams. this season feels like a gauntlet. 

1 hour ago, whitehops said:

our remaining opponents with their DVOA ranking through four weeks (for reference, we're 15th):

@ NYG (22nd)

vs. PHI (6th)

@ DET (10th)

vs. WAS (29th)

@ KC (4th)

@ DAL (3rd)

vs. DEN (27th)

@ SEA (11th)

vs. DET (10th)

@ LAC (19th)

vs. GB (9th)

vs. CHI (8th)

so eight of our remaining twelve games are against top-11 opponents and we play two road games against top-5 teams. this season feels like a gauntlet. 

I can see the Vikings winning all four of the games against teams with lower DVOA than the Vikings. If they win three of the eight games against teams with a better DVOA than the Vikings they'll end the season 9-7. That feels like a reasonable expectation but I am going to hope for them to win at least four of the eight games against "better" teams. That is what they need to do to be the "better" team than some of those and make the playoffs.

• Like 2