2019 NFL Draft Thread v5.0

BayRaider

9 minutes ago, BigD1123 said:

I dont think I am gonna read any more post until after our pick. You guys legit have me scared with all the QB talk. 

We’re trading up 24, 27, 35 for Drew Lock at 1. 

I’m sorry but you guys need to accept this and support the team. 

1 hour ago, Geezy said:

I understood the question. My answer was regardless of PT, all else being equal, I’d go with Bama because that would be the best shot at the league. 

I don't know that it is though. I'd like to see #s on that.

The # or % of 4 or 5 star guys that go to the league from Alabama vs the rest of major conference D1 schools in the past 10 years.

43 minutes ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

A lot of busts also

You’re always going to have busts, from any school, For different reasons. But the experience and coaching, the reps vs future Pro Bowl/All Pro type of players is hard to duplicate anywhere else. Bama players are going against tougher competition at practice than they are in most games. 

Sounds like a lot of rumors are swirling that the Raiders love Oliver at 4.  Makes perfect sense to me and I have been saying he's in play at 4 for months.  If they land Oliver we will be starting off the draft well and landing a stud that no one on our Dline comes close to in terms of talent.  

Apparently we are in love with Jacobs too and may need to trade up to land him.  i hope this does not happen but I would not mind him at 24 or 27.  

Edited by Frankie2Gunz
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

Sounds like a lot of rumors are swirling that the Raiders love Oliver at 4.  Makes perfect sense to me and I have been saying he's in play at 4 for months.  If they land Oliver we will be starting off the draft well and landing a stud that no one one our Dline comes close too.  

Apparently we are in love with Jacobs too and may need to trade up to land him.  i hope this does not happen but I would not mind him at 24 or 27.  

All I see with Oliver is Hurst. We are literally about to draft Hurst again. I like Hurst, but both of them on the line would be a major liability against the run. Why draft a part time player at 4 overall. We won't use both in base defense because all the offense would have to do is audible to a run. 

Just my opinion.

Super excited for tomorrow. I hope we get Bosa and Q. drops to 24 and we get Hockenson at 27. A man can dream.

Optimal Draft

4- Q Williams or E Oliver problem on the trenches 

24- Hollywood Brown or AJ Brown- would do wonders for the passing game

27- Nassir Adderly or CHAUNCEY GARDNER-JOHNSON or DARNELL SAVAGE or JUAN THORNHILL. I'll rather get a stud DB with range to help with the back end then a JAG edge guy who can't get to the QB.... All these safeties have great range, can ball, good size. I expect Joyner to see alot of time in the slot as the nickle back..we would have our best/fastest DBS in years 

2nd- DE or TE I would like to trade down here for a 3rd rounder and nab a DE/TE combo day 2.. 

Day 3-  Round 4 - best RB hopefully Bryce Love

Rounds 5-7 maybe G/DE add depth both BPA.....

Edited by Humble_Beast

2 minutes ago, Jerry said:

All I see with Oliver is Hurst. We are literally about to draft Hurst again. I like Hurst, but both of them on the line would be a major liability against the run. Why draft a part time player at 4 overall. We won't use both in base defense because all the offense would have to do is audible to a run. 

Just my opinion.

Super excited for tomorrow. I hope we get Bosa and Q. drops to 24 and we get Hockenson at 27. A man can dream.

Hurst fell to the 5th for a reason and not just because of his heart condition.  It's ridiculous to think the fall was solely because of his condition and what did teams expect? Hurst would decide to hang up the cleats and never play again, everyone knew that wouldn't happen and that worst case someone would take a risk on him as an UDRFA.  Hurst was drafted in the 5th round and played like a middle round player.  I like Hurst but the comparisons to Oliver are laughable.  

Why do you consider Oliver and Hurst on the same level?  Because mock drafts last year had Hurst going in the top 20?  I remember mocks had Geno Smith going first overall LOL

Mocks are a joke by fans and commentators who pretend to know what they're talking about.  Drafts dictate how the NFL feels about a player. 

2 hours ago, NYRaider said:

Yup. People always forget that the NFL draft is all about upside. A lot of the top pass rushers were just okay in college but had the traits to be great and became great once they received NFL coaching. 

LOL... like you? This is your exact argument against Oliver. All the traits, but he didn't beat CFL/XFL Olinemen in college. But coaching can't help those traits apparently 

2 hours ago, NYRaider said:

You guys are rivals, @big_palooka is more like my annoying little brother, wants to be like me, but just isn't on my level yet.

You're like my crazy uncle who screams a bunch of non-sense. Says 9/11 was an inside job and he has proof, but nobody is listening so he just talks louder hoping someone at the family reunion will feel sorry and engage with him.

How's that mock draft coming?

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

Hurst fell to the 5th for a reason and not just because of his heart condition.  It's ridiculous to think the fall was solely because of his condition and what did teams expect? Hurst would decide to hang up the cleats and never play again, everyone knew that wouldn't happen and that worst case someone would take a risk on him as an UDRFA.  Hurst was drafted in the 5th round and played like a middle round player.  I like Hurst but the comparisons to Oliver are laughable.  

Why do you consider Oliver and Hurst on the same level?  Because mock drafts last year had Hurst going in the top 20?  I remember mocks had Geno Smith going first overall LOL

Mocks are a joke by fans and commentators who pretend to know what they're talking about.  Drafts dictate how the NFL feels about a player. 

I call BS lots of teams took him off the board because of his condition and even talked bad about the Raiders after taking him saying he could die on the field. He's was a top 10 guy before that and the number 1 DT. And its not just based on mock its based on draft grades that scouts put together to say he fell for other reasons is a flat out lie.

• Like 1