2019 NFL Draft Thread v5.0

BayRaider

16 minutes ago, Jerry said:

Not after the Raiders just called bs on a player that plays a much more physical position and it has worked out fine so far. If Hurst dies on the field this season then I bet the QB would definitely go undrafted.

Star Lotoulaei went 13th overall in 2013 with a similar heart condition.  Your theory is straight trash. 

Where would you project Luck to go with a similar condition?

Once again you're comparing a 3rd round 3T without the heart condition to a potential 1st overall pick with the physical ability and skillset to be shuffled all over the Dline.  Oliver is a stud and Hurst is at best above average.  

20 minutes ago, agarcia34 said:

In Vic Tafur new article he said he heard something about the Raiders and Allen, but won't say it till the end of the first round and basically said he doesn't want to bring him any negative attention. 

I read that same thing.  I really feel like it’s a guarantee that we don’t draft Allen at 4.

If we picked Oliver we would have to play him on Rundowns on Keys side and paly Key on Pass downs and still get a DE for the other side.  I would not be opposed to doing this I WIlliams and Allen were off the Board.  I still think we should make the Cards an off to trade up to #1 to Take Bosa.  I would offer the Cards our 2020 1st from the Bears  and a 2021 conditional 3rd based on Bosa playing time and Sacks total.

If we picked Oliver our Run defense would improve a lot.

There was a report earlier this week when Jelly Ellis said that Buckner wants to move the linemen around in different spots. Oliver and Gary would make sense with this philosophy. Not that I want Gary.

I think Burns is a less hyped up version of Josh Allen and may be a more refined pass rusher.

7 minutes ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

Star Lotoulaei went 13th overall in 2013 with a similar heart condition.  Your theory is straight trash. 

Once again you're comparing a 3rd round 3T without the heart condition to a potential 1st overall pick with the physical ability and skillset to be shuffled all over the Dline.  Oliver is a stud and Hurst is at best above average.  

Well it's not a theory, it's a hypothetical, and let me just expand on it, they both die this season while playing on the field, then yes Trevor Lawrence has the same condition, he'd probably go undrafted. And if two deaths aren't enough, then it just shows that the NFL is worth dying on the field for.

16 minutes ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

He was considered top 5 before and the class was considered weak, so that's a fairly considerable drop though. That was a Dave Gettleman pick right? I wonder if that bodes extra points to NYG for a similar condition clearing for prospects.

6 minutes ago, Trojan said:

He was considered top 5 before and the class was considered weak, so that's a fairly considerable drop though. That was a Dave Gettleman pick right? I wonder if that bodes extra points to NYG for a similar condition clearing for prospects.

Falling 7 picks I can understand but Jerry is saying Hurst was a top 10 talent who fell 5 rounds?  I'm just not buying it....  What is more plausible is teams had him graded as a 3rd/4thish round pick and he slipped to the 5th.  Don't get me wrong, Hurst was great value in the 5th but the top 10 pick stuff and the comparisons to Oliver are just nonsense. 

Edited by Frankie2Gunz

4 minutes ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

Falling 7 picks I can understand but Jerry is saying Hurst was a top 10 talent who fell 5 rounds?  I'm just not buying it....  What is more plausible is teams had him graded as a 3rdish round pick and he slipped to the 5th.  Don't get me wrong, Hurst was great value in the 5th but the top 10 pick stuff is just nonsense. 

I literally said a page or two ago that he was considered a first round pick, not top 10. Lots of people had him mocked in the 20s. He was a very highly rated prospect before the heart condition. I don't even understand why people are saying he's a third round talent. Guy had decent stats for 13 games played even by a first round picks standards. 31 tackles and 4 sacks would roughly be 40 tackles and 5 sacks. That's not bad for a rookie DT.

10 minutes ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

Falling 7 picks I can understand but Jerry is saying Hurst was a top 10 talent who fell 5 rounds?  I'm just not buying it....  What is more plausible is teams had him graded as a 3rd/4thish round pick and he slipped to the 5th.  Don't get me wrong, Hurst was great value in the 5th but the top 10 pick stuff and the comparisons to Oliver are just nonsense. 

I didn't read the other post, my bad. I don't see Gary falling further than high second and that would be a huge story line I would think. I could see him at 24 or 27 though and being the pick.

6 minutes ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

Not Top 10 but every single mock had Hurst Top 25 leading up to the draft. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

Falling 7 picks I can understand but Jerry is saying Hurst was a top 10 talent who fell 5 rounds?  I'm just not buying it....  What is more plausible is teams had him graded as a 3rdish round pick and he slipped to the 5th.  Don't get me wrong, Hurst was great value in the 5th but the top 10 pick stuff and the comparisons to Oliver are just nonsense. 

Hurst was mocked in the first, I don’t know what you’re talking about. 

1 minute ago, Geezy said:

Hurst was mocked in the first, I don’t know what you’re talking about. 

Geno Smith was mocked 1st overall.  I'm not sure what your point is.  Mock draft by talking head TV stooges mean zero. 

Professional NFL talent evaluators dictate what players true value is not mock drafts.  

9 minutes ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

Geno Smith was mocked 1st overall.  I'm not sure what your point is.  Mock draft by talking head TV stooges mean zero. 

Professional NFL talent evaluators dictate what players true value is not mock drafts.  

Yeah and then players like Darius Leonard drop to the 2nd after being evaluated by professionals. You're  goofy bro, you're talking smack about mock drafts and yet you're just another fan acting like your opinion is worth it's weight in gold. Go work for the Raiders, you're obviously better than most evaluators. 

Edited by Jerry

Hurst, ironically, was 42 by PFF, Mayock, and Daniel Jerimiah, however, this was after his condition was announced. He was ranked Top 30 before that by all of them. 

He’s not the same level prospect as Ed Oliver, not gonna debate that, but he’s a 1st Round Prospect and the gap is not as huge as you think. 

Calling him a 3rd Round Prospect is laughable. 

Edited by BayRaider

Just now, Jerry said:

Yeah and then players like Darius Leonard drop to the 2nd after being evaluated by professionals. Your goofy bro, your talking smack about mock drafts and yet you're just another fan acting like your opinion is worth it's weight in gold. Go work for the Raiders, you're obviously better than most evaluators. 

Haha I am just playing Devil's advocate here and am perplexed at the comparisons between Hurst and Oliver.  I think anyone who makes those comparisons hasn't done the proper research on either player.