2019 NFL Draft Thread v5.0

BayRaider

2 minutes ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

I like Hurst and he was good value in the 5th.  I certainly would not have touched him in the 1st round even if he had a clean bill of health.  

Even if you wouldn't, lots of teams would, have knowing what he did this season. Baltimore drafted Hayden Hurst (13 catches), Seattle drafted Rashaad Penny (400 rushing yards), DT Taven Bryan went in the first and had 20 tackles and a sack, we freaking drafted Kolton Miller. He really wouldn't be considered a bad first round pick. We obviously could've done better, but no draft class is perfect across the board.

3 minutes ago, Jerry said:

Even if you wouldn't, lots of teams would, have knowing what he did this season. Baltimore drafted Hayden Hurst (13 catches), Seattle drafted Rashaad Penny (400 rushing yards), DT Taven Bryan went in the first and had 20 tackles and a sack, we freaking drafted Kolton Miller. He really wouldn't be considered a bad first round pick. We obviously could've done better, but no draft class is perfect across the board.

Hayden Hurst...  Ouch LOL  It sure doesn't help him that he has that piece of garbage Jackson throwing him the ball.  

Edited by Frankie2Gunz
  • Like 1

59 minutes ago, Raidersare#1 said:

If we picked Oliver we would have to play him on Rundowns on Keys side and paly Key on Pass downs and still get a DE for the other side.  I would not be opposed to doing this I WIlliams and Allen were off the Board.  I still think we should make the Cards an off to trade up to #1 to Take Bosa.  I would offer the Cards our 2020 1st from the Bears  and a 2021 conditional 3rd based on Bosa playing time and Sacks total.

If we picked Oliver our Run defense would improve a lot.

Bosa isn’t going to bring this defense to a new level. No to trading up.

2 minutes ago, Jerry said:

I agree.

Hopefully with Mayock we can avoid 1st round mistakes like that.  At the end of the day I want good players who pose good value and help us win games.  I would be happy with either Bosa, Q, Oliver or Allen if we stay at 4.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

Mocks had Geno Smith as the number 1 overall pick in 2013, I'm not sure what your point is.  

So Hurst a "top 10 talent" fell to the 5th solely based on his heart condition bc mocks had him going in the 1st?  That's your stance?

Just so I have your theory correct if and Andrew Luck type QB had the same condition as Hurst you're saying he would end up say in the 3rdish round? 

Who gives a **** about Geno Smith and why do you always try to deflect with these stupid comparisons.We already established Hurst draft grade had nothing to do with mocks it has to do with scouts evaluation those same evaluations that have Oliver graded as a top 5 pick but you ain't trying to ignore that now. Everybody gave the Raiders flack for even drafting him even in the 5th round and McKenzie had to announce he was cleared by there doctor and he would have to be evaluated every year. You would have had a better argument if he dropped to the 2nd or something provided you could site theses so called reasons, but it is clear he was taken off of everyone's board until the Raiders took a chance in the 5th. You wont find one shred of evidence that Hurst fell for any other reason. You want to pimp Oliver do that without making up BS or get your facts straight first. This ain't no theory it was a fact If they said Andrew Luck could die on the field what do you think. 

Here some reasons why Smith fell...Smith did not handle the draft process in a professional manner which caused him to fall out of the first round, while analysts pointed to his late-season decline as a senior at West Virginia, which exposed his flaws, as the primary reason. Now your turn.

Edited by raidr4life
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

Geno Smith was mocked 1st overall.  I'm not sure what your point is.  Mock draft by talking head TV stooges mean zero. 

Professional NFL talent evaluators dictate what players true value is not mock drafts.  

Half the **** you use to back your ridiculous claims are based on other people’s opinions or stuff you read. So which is it? Are they stooges or your sources of information? You’re on Oliver’s nuts heavy, yet, I guarantee never even watched a Houston game to back up your claims. You just spout nonsense as fact.(not saying he’s not legit). Hurst was projected to go 1st round, fell to the 5th due to his issue, then went ahead and played like a first rounder. 

1 hour ago, raidr4life said:

Who gives a **** about Geno Smith and why do you always try to deflect with these stupid comparisons.We already established Hurst draft grade had nothing to do with mocks it has to do with scouts evaluation those same evaluations that have Oliver graded as a top 5 pick but you ain't trying to ignore that now. Everybody gave the Raiders flack for even drafting him even in the 5th round and McKenzie had to announce he was cleared by there doctor and he would have to be evaluated every year. You would have had a better argument if he dropped to the 2nd or something provided you could site theses so called reasons, but it is clear he was taken off of everyone's board until the Raiders took a chance in the 5th. You wont find one shred of evidence that Hurst fell for any other reason. You want to pimp Oliver do that without making up BS or get your facts straight first. This ain't no theory it was a fact If they said Andrew Luck could die on the field what do you think. 

Here some reasons why Smith fell...Smith did not handle the draft process in a professional manner which caused him to fall out of the first round, while analysts pointed to his late-season decline as a senior at West Virginia, which exposed his flaws, as the primary reason. Now your turn.

Why did Star fall 5 picks and Hurst 5 rounds? Both had similar conditions.

Keep telling yourself he was a top 10 pick because a bunch of stooges who sit behind a computer typed he is.  NFL GM's clearly didn't have the same opinion of Hurst as mock drafters did.  

Let me ask you where would Luck have been drafted with a similar condition?

Edited by Frankie2Gunz