2019 NFL Draft Thread v5.0

BayRaider

20 minutes ago, RaidersAreOne said:

My thoughts exactly. 

Think about it, Mayock purged the draft room to avoid this very issue. How would anyone possibly know we did this when everyone was already sent home? Such obvious smoke to get a team (Washington/New York) to move up to #3.

It was all smoke last year too, until they passed on an All-pro talent for a marginal tackle. Just saying. Some times that smoke is actually fire.

This isn't coming out of knowhere either. Tafur was linking Haskins to Gruden back in March while everyone was saying he loved Murray. 

It's got me feeling uneasy. Maybe they sent everyone home because they are about to draft a QB. 

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

I still believe that Oliver will be better at rushing the passer than Williams when lined up on the edge.  A lot of scouts feel the same way I do as well.  Read up before you post nonsense.  

So Oliver is better as a pass rusher than Williams lined up on the edge? How can you know? Considering Oliver has never lined up on the edge and Williams played there throughout HS and his first two seasons at Alabama. Please post links where scouts say that Oliver is better suited to be an edge rusher than Williams at the next level, I'll wait.

12 hours ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

I actually think that would be a good problem to have.  Who knows what Hall will be and I like Hurst.  Depth along the Dline, a position we have been terrible at for years will be a good thing.  Oliver is on a different level than any player we have along the line. 

We should draft a QB first round every year, get some depth, it's a good problem to have.

35 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

It was all smoke last year too, until they passed on an All-pro talent for a marginal tackle. Just saying. Some times that smoke is actually fire.

This isn't coming out of knowhere either. Tafur was linking Haskins to Gruden back in March while everyone was saying he loved Murray. 

It's got me feeling uneasy. Maybe they sent everyone home because they are about to draft a QB. 

But last year Reggie's moles were leaking information out of the building. IIRC Vic said that it will only be Mayock, Gruden, Davis, Mayock's head of scouting, and one contract guy in the building all week. So unless Mayock/Gruden are leaking information to the press, you can't believe any of the rumors coming out about us. The Haskins to Oakland seems like they're coming from the Jets who are trying to move down. They need someone to think that we want Haskins and jump into that #3 spot to get him.

1 hour ago, OG_C2X said:

Exactly. The only reports coming out of Oakland are designed to come out! 

The smoke is soooooooooo thick coming outta oakland.

Unless Gruden, Mayock, or Davis are leaking information to the press... Which, I doubt. 

Just now, CaliforniaKid7 said:

I understand QB is not the pick we all want....BUT would people be less furious with Murray or Haskins? 

Murray would be an okay pick because at least he has the upside to be very good. Haskins isn't that good and wouldn't be able to take Carr's job.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

So Oliver is better as a pass rusher than Williams lined up on the edge? How can you know? Considering Oliver has never lined up on the edge and Williams played there throughout HS and his first two seasons at Alabama. Please post links where scouts say that Oliver is better suited to be an edge rusher than Williams at the next level, I'll wait.

Ed Oliver lined up at edge vs. Memphis. Williams played defensive end in 2017 and didn't look special.

Things that your $34.99 Edge subscription can't replace: watching players play.

• Like 1