2019 NFL Draft Thread v5.0

BayRaider

Not a fan of Hollywood's size. AJ is solid and will break tackles. People say Carr isn't a deep ball guy so why get Hollywood?

Metcalf (FREAK/TO/Megatron type)... AJ (Quan),... Harry (really poor man's Fitz)... Butler (unrefined Moss w/TO hands) Harmon (Adams/Robinson) Hollywood (DeSean) Campbell (Agree smaller Michael Thomas) Deebo (Landry)

Only ones I'd take in the first would be Metcalf and AJ rest should all be there @35 I'm not a big fan of Fant but I'd take him over Hollywood. 

47 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

I want Hollywood Brown as much as any player in the draft, he'd really round out our receiver room nicely. 

Same. We would have one of the fastest, most explosive WR corps in the league after having probably the slowest last year.

Sadly, I think he'll go top 20. But we'll see. I know Vic Tafur thinks he'll be a Raider. 

4 hours ago, BayRaider said:

I think Hollywood Brown really is in play at 27 and 35. JJ Nelson and Ryan Grant are depth, those guys are certainly not #3 caliber WR’s. We need a slot WR/deep threat. Hollywood eats yards as fast as any player I have ever seen personally. His wiggle is also deadly. 

He works the slot well and can also take the top off. The consensus is to replace Cook with Fant. Hollywood would make us better than Fant would in my opinion. Get a TE later in the 4th, 5th, or even 6th. 

Antonio - Underneath

Tyrell- Outside

Hollywood - Taking the top off

Good luck. 

Also this could be AB being AB but when he first became a Raider he said Hollywood to Oakland is already a done deal and then said oops I wasn’t suppose to say that. I wouldn’t think too much into it but Hollywood is certainly in play. 

If Cook showed you anything, it's how important TE is in this offense. A TE that can split the seems will do more for this offense than Hollywood "taking the top off". They already have Williams in that role. I like Hollywood, but he has a rail thin frame. 

If I'm looking slot, I'd rather have Deebo who is more of a slot WR and not so frail.

• Like 4

22 minutes ago, Rich7sena said:

I don't understand the desire to add yet another receiver early when the team has clearly defined needs and receiver is not one of them. The receiver room is already rounded out. 

Agreed. Bigger needs and you'll find some value round 3-4 at WR. 

I look for Mayock to be aggressive in trades to get more 20-60 picks as he talked about where they can be a little more cavalier with what needs where.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Rich7sena said:

I don't understand the desire to add yet another receiver early when the team has clearly defined needs and receiver is not one of them. The receiver room is already rounded out. 

I tried to say this earlier but the calls for ABs lil drowned me out. I really hope the only offense we consider in the first 2 rounds is MAYBE an Olinemen. Defense should be the focus.

1 hour ago, big_palooka said:

If Cook showed you anything, it's how important TE is in this offense. A TE that can split the seems will do more for this offense than Hollywood "taking the top off". They already have Williams in that role. I like Hollywood, but he has a rail thin frame. 

If I'm looking slot, I'd rather have Deebo who is more of a slot WR and not so frail.

Fant is not a traditional TE like Hockenson though. Definitely not your reliable catch kind of guy for a 1st down. 

20 minutes ago, NightTrainLane said:

I tried to say this earlier but the calls for ABs lil drowned me out. I really hope the only offense we consider in the first 2 rounds is MAYBE an Olinemen. Defense should be the focus.

Was reported we are looking to add at least 3 offensive starters in this draft. HB would have the biggest impact.  

Sorry but I'm taking HB over guys like Clelin Ferrell, LJ Collier, Irv Smith who are bigger need players but wont be nearly as good in the pros as HB. Brown is a dynamic talent. 

2 hours ago, big_palooka said:

Agreed. Bigger needs and you'll find some value round 3-4 at WR. 

I look for Mayock to be aggressive in trades to get more 20-60 picks as he talked about where they can be a little more cavalier with what needs where.

You were literally just saying that we should add another WR in the first 35 picks...

3 hours ago, Rich7sena said:

How is the receiver room rounded out already? Behind AB and TW we have: 

Ryan Grant - 35 receptions for 334 yards last season 

JJ Nelson - 7 receptions for 64 yards last season 

Keon Hatcher - 1 reception for 8 yards last season

Marcell Ateman - 15 receptions for 154 yards last season

Dwayne Harris - 6 receptions for 40 yards last season

• Like 1

5 hours ago, SilverNBlackFan said:

Same. We would have one of the fastest, most explosive WR corps in the league after having probably the slowest last year.

Sadly, I think he'll go top 20. But we'll see. I know Vic Tafur thinks he'll be a Raider. 

He'd give us a Tyreek Hill / Desean Jackson type of playmaker. AB, HB, and TW would be an incredible WR group.

Raiders can definitely use another WR after Brown and Williams. Your really hoping that Grant cane become what he was two years ago or hoping JJ finally becomes a WR that can produce. 

I would love to add Hollywood to the team. His lack of size is not ideal, but in today’s NFL you can get away with it. Him in the slot were he would get one on one coverage would be fun to watch and he has the speed that the Raiders seem to really want from it’s WRs this year. 

Also wouldnt mind Campbell or McLaurin but late first early second is to early for them. 

• Like 1

I have no problems with adding a WR and/or a TE in this draft.  They can even be in the top 35.  However, our need at DE has to be addressed. I know we won't be able to address all of our needs, so I'm picking our #1 need and sticking with it.  We can use BPA for any other picks.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Humble_Beast said:

I agree, our offense would be scary explosive.. I wouldn't even want risk waiting until 27, go get him at 24

would you rather have him or fant possibly. if fants there at 24 and no de`s? hes my pick.  I think anyone whos read my posts can figure out adderly is my wanted man at 27.

perfect first 4.... bosa, fant, adderly, jacobs

realistic first 4... allen, fant, adderly, jacobs

either way, 4 starters.